Author Topic: Video Purports to Show Beheading of US Reporter Steven Sotloff by Islamic State Group  (Read 2858 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Charlespg

Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hmm. Both of the Americans to be killed are journalists, and the reports of their deaths are filed by journalists.

Of all the people to be targeted for these things, why were both of them journalists—and obscure ones at that—unless this is all one big media hoax?

Something is rotten in Denmark.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GourmetDan

Of all the people to be targeted for these things, why were both of them journalists—and obscure ones at that—unless this is all one big media hoax?

They're easy to catch?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hmm. Both of the Americans to be killed are journalists, and the reports of their deaths are filed by journalists.

Targets of opportunity. They don't usually have security. In regards to the photojournalist beheaded the other week, he was out without a crew, just him, so a snatch would be rather easy. The media may also have the arrogance they can walk around in the open without security.

Harder to snatch a military worker or politician who would be around armed security or other military personnel.

Online Lando Lincoln

These are authentic. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 10:31:59 pm »
We all have asked ourselves, after the last beheading, how could a person calmly kneel there - read a long anti-American statement and then have your head cut off when you know what's coming?  Any sane person would be fighting till the last breathe. If you could you would get up and run, even though you would be shot - which would be much preferable over the alternative. The question has inspired conspiracy Nuts to come up with all kind of strange angles, with the most bizarre I heard, that it was a CIA video with special effects to make it look real - all to get us into a war to feed the evil "military industrial complex".     

The answer could be quite simple, and I heard this on the radio from a former CIA operative.    The event has been carried out dozens of times, with the execution cut short and you returned to your cell. Each time you are told to read the statement, and then taken back, with no execution. After a dozen or more times of you doing this, and your statement sounding less and less forced, and you expecting this day would end back in your cell, you just kneel there.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

Re: Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 10:44:51 pm »
We all have asked ourselves, after the last beheading, how could a person calmly kneel there - read a long anti-American statement and then have your head cut off when you know what's coming?  Any sane person would be fighting till the last breathe. If you could you would get up and run, even though you would be shot - which would be much preferable over the alternative. The question has inspired conspiracy Nuts to come up with all kind of strange angles, with the most bizarre I heard, that it was a CIA video with special effects to make it look real - all to get us into a war to feed the evil "military industrial complex".     

The answer could be quite simple, and I heard this on the radio from a former CIA operative.    The event has been carried out dozens of times, with the execution cut short and you returned to your cell. Each time you are told to read the statement, and then taken back, with no execution. After a dozen or more times of you doing this, and your statement sounding less and less forced, and you expecting this day would end back in your cell, you just kneel there.

It is also important to look at the history of Islamists and who they look at as role models. One of their main influences is Hassan-i Sabbah who created what was called the Nizaris or Hashishin (users of Hashish). They were basically early jihadis. Marco Polo wrote about their use of drugs both for themselves and their victims. If they are some of the role models of these groups, it would make sense they could use the idea of drugging their victims into complacency.  I would not be surprised if large amounts of opium or something like that were given to the victims.

Offline NavyCanDo

Please lets not go down that road here. Not on this site. The videos were real, the beheadings very real. And they are not just holding Journalist.  British citizen David Haines  who's name was mentioned at the end of the video they said would be next. je is a contract worker, not a journalist.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

Please lets not go down that road here. Not on this site. The videos were real, the beheadings very real. And they are not just holding Journalist.  British citizen David Haines  who's name was mentioned at the end of the video they said would be next. je is a contract worker, not a journalist.

I just read a bunch of chairborne rangers trying to prove it was all fake and shot in front of a blue screen. I lost some brain cells trying to follow their 'proof'.

Offline NavyCanDo

I just read a bunch of chairborne rangers trying to prove it was all fake and shot in front of a blue screen. I lost some brain cells trying to follow their 'proof'.

Same BS I heard when I tuned into leftist radio on the drive into work after the first beheading. Crazy is Crazy, weather they are wingnuts from the Left, or Conspiracy Nuts on late night radio.

Online GourmetDan

Are Adam Lanza's friend and James Foley's sister the same crisis actor?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:54:47 am by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The blue screen I believe. Any terrorist organization worth its weight makes as much effort as possible to disguise its location. But that doesn't necessarily prove it was all “fake.”

It just seems that something doesn't quite seem right with journalists being the only targets.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline pjohns

One should probably expect nothing that more closely resembles civilized behavior from these savages. But what I find especially troubling is this: President Obama seems concerned about this latest barbarity--well, somewhat concerned, anyway--but without any discernible moral outrage. You know: The sort of thing that would necessarily prompt military action so severe as to utterly crush every last remnant of ISIS (or ISIL, as the president prefers to call it). Instead, we have daily bombings that kill some of the cockroaches, while leaving many others to carry on their dirty work.

Our efforts to defeat ISIS--not merely "roll it back"--should be every bit as vigorous and unrestrained as our efforts to defeat the Nazis were, about three-quarters of a century ago.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
pjohns wrote above:
[[ Our efforts to defeat ISIS--not merely "roll it back"--should be every bit as vigorous and unrestrained as our efforts to defeat the Nazis were, about three-quarters of a century ago...]]

Sorry.

Not going to happen. (Not even with a Republican president.)

Until... something else happens first.

What might that be ??

Offline ABX

The blue screen I believe. Any terrorist organization worth its weight makes as much effort as possible to disguise its location. But that doesn't necessarily prove it was all “fake.”

It just seems that something doesn't quite seem right with journalists being the only targets.

That they would do it does make sense, but the arguments for 'proof' that they did it were absolutely asinine. Plus, it doesn't have the usual telltale signs of blue screen/green screen work unless you are using an ILM level operation.

Offline pjohns

pjohns wrote above:
[[ Our efforts to defeat ISIS--not merely "roll it back"--should be every bit as vigorous and unrestrained as our efforts to defeat the Nazis were, about three-quarters of a century ago...]]

Sorry.

Not going to happen. (Not even with a Republican president.)

Until... something else happens first.

Sadly, you are probably correct.

But that does not make it a good thing...

Offline flowers

What do they give those men before they behead them? Sedatives? No way I am kneeling that quietly if my head was going to be cut off. Or do the isis/obiepals make them do this every day to get them used to it?

Offline pjohns

What do they give those men before they behead them? Sedatives?

When James Foley was beheaded a couple of weeks ago, I heard that ISIS had staged several mock executions prior to the real one; so Mr. Foley may have just assumed that this, too, was fake.

That, however, would not explain why Steven Sotloff might have thought as much, since he had recently attended (unwillingly) James Foley's gruesome execution.