Author Topic: Putin: ‘I Can Take Kiev in Two Weeks’  (Read 632 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Putin: ‘I Can Take Kiev in Two Weeks’
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:20:56 pm »
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/putin-i-can-take-kiev-in-two-weeks/

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
September 2, 2014 11:39 am

Russian President Vladimir Putin sent the warning to Europe that if he wants to, he can “take Kiev in two weeks.”

The Telegraph reports:

The Russian president reportedly made the threat to the European Commission president during talks on the Ukraine crisis.

Mr Putin told Jose Manuel Barroso: “If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks,” Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper reported, implying this could be the result if the EU stepped up sanctions against Russia.

His comments, relayed by Mr Barroso to colleagues at last weekend’s EU summit, emerged as Nato announced it would build a new “spearhead” rapid reaction force of up to 4,000 troops that can be flown into eastern Europe in 48 hours to respond to possible Russian aggression.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Putin: ‘I Can Take Kiev in Two Weeks’
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:38:34 am »
Title:
[[ Putin: ‘I Can Take Kiev in Two Weeks’ ]]

He probably could.

No one's going to stop him...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 03:19:19 am »
He could also destroy ISIL in about the same time.

Do any of these government leaders have a public relations department?  Geesh!   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:41 am »
He can with help with Russian troops. He can with the paltry assets he has there. the proof is the shooting down of the Malaysian airliner. The EU will do nothing because they are too energy dependent on Russia with natural gas and other resources.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:50:36 am by Trigger »

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:49:53 am »
Two weeks?  I don't think he's giving himself enough credit.  Why, if he asked, I'm sure the Germans and the French would be happy to speed things along for him.

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 03:36:31 am »
Two weeks?  I don't think he's giving himself enough credit.  Why, if he asked, I'm sure the Germans and the French would be happy to speed things along for him.

I think he can. With the amount of equipment already at the border he can take Kiev. the Russian Army is constantly giving the sepratists airplanes,attack helicopters to surface to air missiles. If he can get the Ukrainian forces in a pincer movement he will win. He can take his Northern reserves and Central reserves and make a gigantic thrust toward Kiev. He can use the forces from Crimea to take the southern part of the country. This would be easy for him because the southern part of the Ukraine is very sympathetic towards Russia. In the last election the pro Russian candidate had a lot of votes from Russians living in the south while the pro West candidate got a lot of votes in the northern region. If left up to me, I can take the major cities within three weeks minimum though I would have to re-arrange some reservist groups.

RUSI
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:22:46 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 04:50:11 am »
Part of the reason why Putin wants Kiev is because this is where Russian Orthodox Church began.About 882 Oleg (Oleh), the ruler of Novgorod, captured Kiev and made it his capital.In 988 Prince Vladimir made Christianity the official religion of the Kievan Rus people in the city of Kiev. So the city has special significance in Russian history.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:50:10 am by Trigger »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 10:20:38 am »
Part of the reason why Putin wants Kiev is because this is where Russian Orthodox Church began.About 882 Oleg (Oleh), the ruler of Novgorod, captured Kiev and made it his capital.In 988 Prince Vladimir made Christianity the official religion of the Kievan Rus people in the city of Kiev. So the city has special significance in Russian history.

If ISIL continues to make geographic gains, it won't be too long before we see 'bordering' countries REQUEST that they become Russian satellite States.

Perhaps Putin is looking for an excuse to kick some ISIS ass?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

SPQR

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:09 am »
If ISIL continues to make geographic gains, it won't be too long before we see 'bordering' countries REQUEST that they become Russian satellite States.

Perhaps Putin is looking for an excuse to kick some ISIS ass?

Putin has his eyes eastward. Like Turkmenistan ,Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan. mainly the nations in the Central Asia region. He wants to rebuild the old Soviet union. He also busy with the Ukraine.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:08:14 am by Trigger »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 12:58:33 am »
China is set to make their move. Most likely the first down will be Taiwan, and then on to other conquests.

Because Obama has proven to the world that he cares more about golf and parties than he does the world, all the actors in the world are doing everything they have wanted to do for 50+ years all at once. This is what most people would describe a chaos.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

SPQR

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 01:02:21 am »
China is set to make their move. Most likely the first down will be Taiwan, and then on to other conquests.

Because Obama has proven to the world that he cares more about golf and parties than he does the world, all the actors in the world are doing everything they have wanted to do for 50+ years all at once. This is what most people would describe a chaos.

In 2009 the KMT in Taiwan party won big in elections. one of there major themes was to have a trade relationship with Taiwan/ I am not saying the Taiwan should let their guard down but things are changing

The financial relationship between the two areas improved on 1 May 2009 in a move described as "a major milestone" by The Times.] The ROC's financial regulator, the Financial Supervisory Commission, announced that Chinese investors would be permitted to invest in Taiwan's money markets for the first time since 1949.On February 11, 2014, Wang met with Zhang in Nanjing, in the first official, high-level, government-to-government contact between the two sides since 1949. The meeting took place at Purple Palace Nanjing

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/china-taiwan-relations/2014/02/11/400344/MAC-TAO.htm

Its all about the money.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:11:24 am by Trigger »