Author Topic: The Ebola of Journalism: Liberalism is Killing Time and CNN  (Read 497 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Ebola of Journalism: Liberalism is Killing Time and CNN
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:26:58 am »
The Ebola of Journalism: Liberalism is Killing Time and CNN
Jeffrey Lord

Call it the Ebola of Journalism. And its spreading -- to Time and CNN.

The cover of the September 1, 2014 issue of Time could not be more explicit.  Showing a dramatic image of a black man on his knees, hands raised with the cover bearing the title "The Tragedy of Ferguson," it was written by David Von Drehle and Alex Altman in the tones of the standard liberal “I-told-you-so” thinking on race . It included the line: “We’ve been here before—and failed to learn the lessons.”

When it came to the mess that is ObamaCare? There was this Time cover admitting the launch of HealthCare.gov was a disaster but presenting “the team that figured out how to fix it.” (You do know ObamaCare is fixed, right?)

And don’t forget all those gushing Obama covers like this one in 2007. As reported by NBC  in December of 2008 that in all of that year “Time has featured Obama on its cover 14 times since Jan. 1. Newsweek was close behind, featuring the now-president-elect on 12 of its issues. Time has had 52 issues in 2008, so Obama has been featured on more than one-in-four of its covers, or about 27% of the time.”

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-lord/2014/08/30/ebola-journalism-liberalism-killing-time-and-cnn
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:28:04 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Re: The Ebola of Journalism: Liberalism is Killing Time and CNN
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:32:37 am »
Funny, but I felt like having a cigarette after reading that piece — and I don't smoke.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:45:55 am »
Funny, but I felt like having a cigarette after reading that piece — and I don't smoke.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:19:38 am »

:smokin:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:35:44 pm »
Just an afterthought.

Let's face it, Obama is an historic president. Technically, he's African-American — though, he's not descended from slaves. That makes him the first politically correct president in our history. (Oh, I suppose one could argue FDR was first for being handicapped in office). So Time, Newsweek, CNN are justified following a traditional news formula for determining a story's newsworthiness.

But knowing this media as we all do, one is still left to wonder, if the first African-American president had been Republican, would Time, Newsweek, CNN still have featured that president as prominently?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:42:29 pm »
Just an afterthought.

Let's face it, Obama is an historic president. Technically, he's African-American — though, he's not descended from slaves. That makes him the first politically correct president in our history. (Oh, I suppose one could argue FDR was first for being handicapped in office). So Time, Newsweek, CNN are justified following a traditional news formula for determining a story's newsworthiness.

But knowing this media as we all do, one is still left to wonder, if the first African-American president had been Republican, would Time, Newsweek, CNN still have featured that president as prominently?

In other words, do you think Time, Newsweek and CNN would have given a President Allen West the same treatment?

I think we all know the answer to that. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »
Maybe its the start of domino effect that will knock down many other liberal media.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 07:08:50 pm »
In other words, do you think Time, Newsweek and CNN would have given a President Allen West the same treatment?

I think we all know the answer to that.

"Liberals" live on the idea that Black people and women cannot survive without them. They do not tolerate 'accomplished' Blacks or accomplished women.

This blows their scenario. They want to promote failed Black people and stupid women like Fluke. That way they show that they are really 'in charge'. And no one can possibly succeed without them. That is what they want. And that is what they enforce.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 01:52:27 am »
Title:
[[ The Ebola of Journalism: Liberalism is Killing Time and CNN...]]

What can we do to accelerate the pace of the infection ???