Author Topic: Obama to Address Veterans in Trip Weighed Down By Politics  (Read 1188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to Address Veterans in Trip Weighed Down By Politics
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:02:41 pm »
http://centralnc.twcnews.com/content/news/711145/obama-to-address-veterans-in-trip-weighed-down-by-politics/

Obama to Address Veterans in Trip Weighed Down By Politics

By: Leslie Mayes
    7:17 AM

CHARLOTTE—President Barack Obama will be in the Queen City Tuesday to address the 96th annual convention of the American Legion which is underway in uptown Charlotte this week.

Air Force One is expected to touch down at about 11:20 a.m. and the President will be speaking around 12 p.m.

The president's speech follows a months long scandal surrounding delays with veterans receiving care through the VA. The White House hasn't given any indication of what the president will say in his speech, but many veterans will be listening for updates to such an issue that is important to them.

For President Obama, the visit to the Tar Heel State a heavy political subtext. Democratic Senator Kay Hagan, is in a difficult re-election race and popularity for the President is down in NC. Hagan is scheduled to speak to the American Legion too, but her spokeswoman declined to say whether she would appear on stage with the president.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police have been busy getting ready for the president's visit this week.

CMPD isn't releasing any specifics about the route the president will take as he makes his way through town en route to the convention center.

“It wont effect our operations at all. We're able to absorb special events. This is part of being a fairly large city here,” said Major Jeff Estes, of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

Charlotte residents should expect some delays both in Uptown and near the airport late Tuesday morning and around lunchtime during the president's speech.

Air Force One is expected to be on its way back to Washington shortly after 1 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Obama to Address Veterans in Trip Weighed Down By Politics
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »
So - he's speaking at "around 12" and scheduled to be on AF1 and heading back at 1. It's about 30 to 40 minutes drive to the convention center from the airport.

That's going to be one long speech. Good to see just how important veterans are to him, expressed in such graphic terms.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »
So - he's speaking at "around 12" and scheduled to be on AF1 and heading back at 1. It's about 30 to 40 minutes drive to the convention center from the airport.

That's going to be one long speech. Good to see just how important veterans are to him, expressed in such graphic terms.

He's probably got an important golf game scheduled at 2:00.  Grueling schedule!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:36:13 pm »
Either that, or the Center's teleprompter is broken.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:28:47 pm »
Either that, or the Center's teleprompter is broken.

I'm sure he brings his own teleprompter on it's own private jet wherever he goes.   :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:13 pm »
I'm sure he brings his own teleprompter on it's own private jet wherever he goes.   :silly:

It's August! Does the Teleprompter never get a vacation?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 03:37:13 pm »
It's August! Does the Teleprompter never get a vacation?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Good point!  They probably have a "temp" teleprompter, with it's own jet, to fill in while TOTUS is on vacation. 

:Odance: