Author Topic: After Reading Her Tweet, You’ll Understand Why an Ivy League Professor Deleted This Racial Comment on the VMAs  (Read 588 times)

rangerrebew

After Reading Her Tweet, You’ll Understand Why an Ivy League Professor Deleted This Racial Comment on the VMAs

Aug. 24, 2014 10:29pm   Oliver Darcy   

UPDATE — 11:25 p.m. ET: Professor Anthea Butler has protected the tweets on her Twitter account.

An Ivy League professor turned to Twitter Sunday night to make a racial comment referencing the MTV Video Music Awards — then deleted her tweet moments later.

“First they shootin us in the streets, and then they taking all the video awards for sorry songs y’all,” wrote Anthea Butler, an associate professor of religious studies at the University of Pennsylvania.

Butler made her comment after singer Ariana Grande — who is of Italian descent — won a VMA. Moments later, after coming under fire, she deleted it claiming she doesn’t “have time for BS.”

The religious studies professor then insisted she would not lose her job over the incident, suggesting she teaches similar material to her students every day.

“Kids, I’ve been around enough to know the game. I’m not going to lose my job over something I teach in classes everyday,” she wrote on Twitter.

This story has been updated and amended to reflect that Butler made her account private, but did not delete it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/24/after-reading-her-tweet-youll-understand-why-an-ivy-league-professor-deleted-this-racial-comment-on-the-vmas/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:24:09 pm by rangerrebew »