Author Topic: George Noory is part Arab  (Read 12226 times)

SPQR

Re: George Noory is part Arab
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2014, 01:31:10 am »
Know this wasn't sent to me, but look: You may well be right. There is no denying that. But remember that correlation does not imply causation. All you know about Noory is what you see/hear. His reasons are in his head, and can never be perfectly expressed.

Has he ever bothered to look at what he learned as a child? We can't know.
:amen:

SPQR

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2014, 01:32:58 am »
Did I ever say he was a Muslim? I even said in the thread, Arab instead of Muslim.

Its your indication that he is M<uslim

SPQR

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2014, 01:34:18 am »
And the countries are controlled by Muslim fanatics or governed by Sharia law.

But Christians are allowed to live there. In Syria for example they have Sharia law but Christians are allowed to live there. If Christians follow the rules of the road no harm will become of them. I should know my sister in law lived in Syria and they have had no problems. Christians has integrated themselves in Syrian society. Christians in Syria make up about 10% of the population.Damascus was one of the first regions to receive Christianity during the ministry of St Peter.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sy.html
http://www.nyulawglobal.org/globalex/syria.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Syria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Syria#Religion_and_law
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:37:55 am by Trigger »

SPQR

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2014, 01:47:20 am »
Yes.  And since Arabs and Jews separated only a few thousand years ago, there is no genetic difference that is detectable.

Check out a documentary called the "Real Eve" by Discovery Channel.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31:56 am »

A Christian American Arab is not likely to be sympathetic to Muslims because in all likelihood his family came to the USA in order to escape Muslim persecution.

It is true that there are a number of Lebanese Americans who are not sympathetic to Israel.  This stems from past Israeli bombing of Christian Lebanon, not support for Muslims.

As I indicated down thread, the Christian approach to dealing with the pirates is to pay them off.  Lebanese Christians and Syrian Muslims live a very fragile existence in Lebanon.  The Christians are the merchants for the most part, and they pay the hefty jizya to Hezbollah in order to continue existing.  They don't like it, but they get some modicum of peace, which is disrupted at times by greater Muslim demands and violence.  The Christians do not have the military capability to fight the Muslims, so they get by as best they can.  Many moved here in order to escape.

Israel has found it necessary to decimate Christian Beirut in order to defend itself from Hezbollah.  Since these bombs also fall on innocent Christians, it is not surprising that their Christian relatives in the USA are not particularly supportive.  But that is not the same as support for Muslims.

Personally, I am more supportive of Israel than most Maronites.  Maybe it is because I am a half-breed, but I consider myself an American, not a hyphenated American.  Appeasement of Muslim extremism is simply not in the USA's interest.

You sound like you don't even listen to Noory, and you don't know if his ancestors were Muslim or not. Like I said, Kasem was Lebanese, and hate US foreign policy and Israel.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2014, 02:34:16 am »
If you are suggesting that Noory's views are in his DNA then you should know that Arab DNA and Israeli DNA are identical.  Both civilizations come from the same tribe.  Modern Israelis are likely to have some European DNA because the Jews lived in Europe for so long.  But there is no difference between pure Jewish blood and pure Arab blood.  Whatever differences exist between these peoples arises from culture, not genetics.

Having been born a Christian myself, and having been born to an Arabic father, I regard all Arabs as half-brothers, and all Israelis as half-brothers.  In terms of my value system, I have much more in common with Israelis.  This stems from all that I have LEARNED in my life, not from my DNA.

No, I'm not suggesting his DNA. I'm suggesting his knowledge of what his DNA may shape his thinking, and he may look at his culture deeply, and that is why he's sympathetic to the Muslim brotherhood etc.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2014, 02:34:45 am »
It also may not indicate why.

Then why read my thread?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2014, 02:35:45 am »
Did your reply really have to include an insult, calling me "stupid"?   You attempted several times to explain and defend why you started this thread, and what you meant by it, and I'm good with that. Pretty much the rest of the dialog here is backing up why we have no reason to believe the stereotypes, (and there were some good educational post) and we all should be good with that.

Yes, because you implied that I was bigoted and said that I was uneducated.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2014, 02:36:47 am »
Its your indication that he is M<uslim

I suggested that it may influence his view of America's foreign policy and Israel.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2014, 02:37:38 am »
But Christians are allowed to live there. In Syria for example they have Sharia law but Christians are allowed to live there. If Christians follow the rules of the road no harm will become of them. I should know my sister in law lived in Syria and they have had no problems. Christians has integrated themselves in Syrian society. Christians in Syria make up about 10% of the population.Damascus was one of the first regions to receive Christianity during the ministry of St Peter.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sy.html

You're an apologist for radical Islam.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2014, 02:40:42 am »
Then why read my thread?

You posted it on a political forum that I frequently read. It is in the nature of forums like this for disagreements to arise. If you didn't want anybody to disagree with you maybe it is you that shouldn't have posted.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2014, 02:47:08 am »
You posted it on a political forum that I frequently read. It is in the nature of forums like this for disagreements to arise. If you didn't want anybody to disagree with you maybe it is you that shouldn't have posted.

On that you and I can both agree!  :beer:

SPQR

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2014, 03:20:19 am »
:amen:

SPQR

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2014, 06:40:47 am »
You're an apologist for radical Islam.
That is an insult to me and my family Archie Bunker. My sister in law is a well accomplished pharmacist. She helped speed up my recovery from kidney stones.Her father designs genetically modified foods. .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:11:11 am by Trigger »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2014, 11:57:16 am »

On that you and I can both agree!  :beer:

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

SPQR

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2014, 10:28:36 pm »