Author Topic: Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll  (Read 609 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll
« on: August 26, 2014, 09:17:53 am »
- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll

Posted By Alex Pappas On 11:52 AM 08/25/2014 In | No Comments

The Democratic National Committee is going after Ben Carson — who won a presidential straw poll of Republican voters in Iowa over the weekend — by drawing attention to colorful remarks made by the neurosurgeon.

On Monday, the DNC sent a short email to reporters about “Ben Carson’s 2016 Momentum.” The committee linked to a Des Moines Register story about Carson winning the Polk County Republican Party straw poll on Sunday.

The DNC then drew attention to previous headlines about Carson, including “Ben Carson: Obamacare worst thing ‘since slavery’” and “Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany.’”

Carson — the former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital — has acknowledged that he is considering a White House campaign.

The author and public speaker has been increasingly mentioned as a possible candidate, following a burst of attention last year for famously arguing a conservative message at the National Prayer Breakfast as President Barack Obama sat just a few feet away.

A close friend and adviser to Carson recently told The Daily Caller that he believes it is likely the neurosurgeon will run as a Republican for president in 2016.

“I think he’s very, very serious,” said Terry Giles, who would serve as chairman of the campaign if Carson pulls the trigger on a run. “If it were on the big board in Vegas, I’d probably be betting in favor of the fact he’s going to run.”

Follow Alex on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/25/democrats-go-after-ben-carson-after-he-wins-straw-poll/

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:07:16 pm »
Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016
Ed Morrissey
September 23, 2014

“Unless,” the neurosurgeon and conservative activist adds in a caveat during his interview with Hugh Hewitt, “the American people indicate in November that they like big government intervention in every part of their lives.” What are the odds of that happening? Bernie Sanders isn’t running for re-election to the Senate, and neither is Harry Reid, who looks more likely than not to become the Minority Leader in January. So yeah, Ben Carson is running for President, QED:

Is this to be taken seriously? This interview was significant enough for Politico to pick it up today. Kendall Breitman offered a few quotes from the interview, adding only a mention that Carson finished sixth in the CPAC straw poll this year.
More

Who the Hell is Ben Carson?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »
Unfortunately true conservatives often waste inordinate amounts of time, attention, on the impossible.

Carson will not win the nomination. His faux run will be like Buchanan's and Palin's to support his media career.

After the shine wore off, Palin even lost her regular gig on Fox, because she talks like a teenager.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 12:28:33 am »
Unfortunately true conservatives often waste inordinate amounts of time, attention, on the impossible.

Carson will not win the nomination. His faux run will be like Buchanan's and Palin's to support his media career.

After the shine wore off, Palin even lost her regular gig on Fox, because she talks like a teenager.

Unlike those sainted Mainstream Republicans who don't care a whit about the media or their careers.  :silly:

Principles are virtual Kryptonite to your GOP whores. I'd rather be governed by a bunch of innocent and callow teenagers than by the unprincipled, self-promoting, crapulent dickheads who dominate the Republican Party in Washington. As a group, they are as appealing as a pile of dirty washcloths. And nearly as clean.

Democrats succeed by telling people comfortable lies that are intended to snare them in the traps of their own vices, largely by convincing the masses that vice is virtue. Republicans cannot succeed by allowing the victims of Progressivism to pretend that they are not complicit in their own debauchery.

Tell the truth. And be prepared to defend it. Courage and honor are two commodities in short supply these days. America's greatest problem today is that the demand for them hardly exceeds the supply.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:03:41 am »
Unlike those sainted Mainstream Republicans who don't care a whit about the media or their careers.  :silly:

Principles are virtual Kryptonite to your GOP whores. I'd rather be governed by a bunch of innocent and callow teenagers than by the unprincipled, self-promoting, crapulent dickheads who dominate the Republican Party in Washington. As a group, they are as appealing as a pile of dirty washcloths. And nearly as clean.

Democrats succeed by telling people comfortable lies that are intended to snare them in the traps of their own vices, largely by convincing the masses that vice is virtue. Republicans cannot succeed by allowing the victims of Progressivism to pretend that they are not complicit in their own debauchery.

Tell the truth. And be prepared to defend it. Courage and honor are two commodities in short supply these days. America's greatest problem today is that the demand for them hardly exceeds the supply.

B R A V O ! ! !
Excellently stated and SO very true!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:04:29 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:21:52 am »

"crapulent dickheads"?

I love it - I may steal that! 

(Note:  my husband is already pretty familiar with the term "dickhead" - but adding "crapulent" takes it up to a whole 'nother level.   :chairbang: )
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 01:31:43 am »
It's why I love Italian!

testa di minchia 

When you really wanted to add to the insult, we would say "testa di mingunita"   :laugh:  (phonetically)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:57:17 am »
It's why I love Italian!

testa di minchia 

When you really wanted to add to the insult, we would say "testa di mingunita"   :laugh:  (phonetically)

000hehehehe

I love weaving a colorful tapestry of dirty words when I'm angry!  My mother was a master at it!  I'm always looking to incorporate new words, but if I would call him something in Italian, he would go, "whut?"

Best if I stick to my native hillbilly tongue!   :smokin:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:59:12 am by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!