Author Topic: Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll  (Read 438 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll
« on: August 26, 2014, 05:17:53 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Democrats Go After Ben Carson After He Wins Straw Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:07:16 PM »

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »
Unfortunately true conservatives often waste inordinate amounts of time, attention, on the impossible.

Carson will not win the nomination. His faux run will be like Buchanan's and Palin's to support his media career.

After the shine wore off, Palin even lost her regular gig on Fox, because she talks like a teenager.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »
Unfortunately true conservatives often waste inordinate amounts of time, attention, on the impossible.

Carson will not win the nomination. His faux run will be like Buchanan's and Palin's to support his media career.

After the shine wore off, Palin even lost her regular gig on Fox, because she talks like a teenager.

Unlike those sainted Mainstream Republicans who don't care a whit about the media or their careers.  :silly:

Principles are virtual Kryptonite to your GOP whores. I'd rather be governed by a bunch of innocent and callow teenagers than by the unprincipled, self-promoting, crapulent dickheads who dominate the Republican Party in Washington. As a group, they are as appealing as a pile of dirty washcloths. And nearly as clean.

Democrats succeed by telling people comfortable lies that are intended to snare them in the traps of their own vices, largely by convincing the masses that vice is virtue. Republicans cannot succeed by allowing the victims of Progressivism to pretend that they are not complicit in their own debauchery.

Tell the truth. And be prepared to defend it. Courage and honor are two commodities in short supply these days. America's greatest problem today is that the demand for them hardly exceeds the supply.
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary. -VDH

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:03:41 PM »
Unlike those sainted Mainstream Republicans who don't care a whit about the media or their careers.  :silly:

Principles are virtual Kryptonite to your GOP whores. I'd rather be governed by a bunch of innocent and callow teenagers than by the unprincipled, self-promoting, crapulent dickheads who dominate the Republican Party in Washington. As a group, they are as appealing as a pile of dirty washcloths. And nearly as clean.

Democrats succeed by telling people comfortable lies that are intended to snare them in the traps of their own vices, largely by convincing the masses that vice is virtue. Republicans cannot succeed by allowing the victims of Progressivism to pretend that they are not complicit in their own debauchery.

Tell the truth. And be prepared to defend it. Courage and honor are two commodities in short supply these days. America's greatest problem today is that the demand for them hardly exceeds the supply.

B R A V O ! ! !
Excellently stated and SO very true!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:04:29 PM by Bigun »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »

"crapulent dickheads"?

I love it - I may steal that! 

(Note:  my husband is already pretty familiar with the term "dickhead" - but adding "crapulent" takes it up to a whole 'nother level.   :chairbang: )
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
It's why I love Italian!

testa di minchia 

When you really wanted to add to the insult, we would say "testa di mingunita"   :laugh:  (phonetically)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
It's why I love Italian!

testa di minchia 

When you really wanted to add to the insult, we would say "testa di mingunita"   :laugh:  (phonetically)

000hehehehe

I love weaving a colorful tapestry of dirty words when I'm angry!  My mother was a master at it!  I'm always looking to incorporate new words, but if I would call him something in Italian, he would go, "whut?"

Best if I stick to my native hillbilly tongue!   :smokin:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:59:12 PM by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf