Author Topic: Obama illegally tried to block a Freedom of Information release of the video that shows Michael Brown committing theft and assault  (Read 420 times)

rangerrebew

Obama illegally tried to block a Freedom of Information release of the video that shows Michael Brown committing theft and assault

Here is yet one more example of the “most transparent administration in history” illegally trying to block a Freedom of Information request.

On August 15, NRP reported:

[Ferguson Police Chief Thomas] Jackson said he had gotten numerous Freedom of Information Act requests from the media to release the video. “I had to release it,” he said.

“I had been sitting on it and too many people put in FOIA requests for it and I had to release it,” he said.

On August 16, 2014, CBS News reported:

Feds opposed releasing Ferguson robbery video

Federal authorities opposed Friday’s release of a surveillance video showing a man resembling Michael Brown committing a robbery at a convenience store in Ferguson, Mo., CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports.

The Justice Department asked Ferguson police not to release the video, believing that it would roil the community further, and were able to successfully prevent the video from being released Thursday, the U.S. law enforcement official said.

Friday’s release occurred over the objection of federal authorities, the official said.

Here is the video that Obama illegally tried to prevent people from seeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z5-H8NSGA

This video is relevant to the shooting death of Brown by a police officer that took place ten minutes later. Since Brown was willing to assault an innocent store employee, why would he not also be willing to assault an innocent police officer? In addition, the video debunks the claim by Brown’s supporters that he was a “gentle giant.” If the officer who killed Brown goes on trial for murder, this video could be a relevant part of his defense, because it gives reasonable doubt to the claim that the killing was in fact a murder.

http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2014/08/16/obama-michael-brown-video/

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:12:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

“I had been sitting on it and too many people put in FOIA requests for it and I had to release it,” he said.

Apparently, there is some minimum number of FOIA requests that can safely be ignored.

Wish we knew what number was...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan