Author Topic: Nixon: Justice will be served in Ferguson shooting  (Read 305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nixon: Justice will be served in Ferguson shooting
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=

Nixon: Justice will be served in Ferguson shooting
By LEIGH MUNSIL |
8/24/14 10:19 AM EDT

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon said he's confident that justice will be served in the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown that led to protests and stand-offs between the community and police force in Ferguson in recent weeks.

Still, he allowed for the possibility that the police officer allegedly responsible for the shooting death of the unarmed teen might not be charged: “All of those things could happen," the Democrat said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"But the bottom line is our focus here is on making sure that the dual investigations, one by the local prosecutor and by the U.S. attorney general and the Justice Department, move forward and that they’re thorough," he said. "… In order to get justice, you have to have thorough investigations with great transparency and I think that both of those teams are working very hard to do just that.”

Host Candy Crowley asked repeatedly whether Nixon is confident that St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch will be able to run an unbiased investigation. McCulloch has been criticized for deciding not to bring charges against two officers accused of excessive force in the killing of two unarmed African-American men in 2000, and local community members have called for him to recuse himself from the case.

"Well, he was democratically elected by overwhelming numbers, and reelected and reelected," Nixon said.

Crowley interrupted: "But are you confident in him?"

Nixon answered: "I am confident that with the dual investigations that ultimately justice will be served here. And I do believe that everybody has a duty to do here. I think that all the folks around this appreciate fully the pressure and the watch that's going on here, and I'm hopeful that everyone is going to live up to those duties and do a good job."

"But I can't get you to say that you're absolutely confident that Robert McCulloch can do that?" Crowley asked.

"Clearly he has experience, he has the office, the people here have elected him. And you don't want to pre-judge any of this," Nixon said. "I do know that everybody's working hard, I think the Justice Department being involved, the local prosecutor being involved, the investigators being involved, there's a lot of folks working on the street out there to make sure they get this one right, and I think that with that intention I think that they will move this case forward."

Nixon also said that he's focused on making sure that Brown's funeral, which will take place Monday morning, will be a respectful and safe event.

"Our focus is on making sure that folks are safe, that they have the right to speak and that justice is served," he said. "And in that context, clearly the morning that we'll go through for all of the family and quite frankly many people tomorrow ... it will be done in a context in which there is good respect and safety."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Nixon: Justice will be served in Ferguson shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:37:17 pm »
Nixon is a professional political weasel. I do not like the guy and I certainly do not trust him.

He is not a real person. Everything he says and does is scripted for political gain.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:39:04 pm »
When I read the line, "justice will be served" it means the rule of law will prevail. If the policeman was within his rights to shoot the man he will not be charged - and on the other hand if the investigation finds that the shooting was unjustified, he will be charged accordingly.

But many of the ears that this falls on, (maybe meant to fall on) these simple four words mean "Da man is going down - da Govna says so". And if "da man" is not charged - more riots.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 03:03:37 pm »
Nixon, by word and deed, is clearly trying to portray himself as being on the side of the rioters. He is doing this for political cover, not because he actually 'cares' about what happened.

This is an incredibly stupid and dangerous ploy. The entire idea behind the riots, which are obviously supported by Holder and the Feds, is twofold. One, they have to distract from Obama's disasterous failures on every issue while in office. And two, they are "training" the police and White people in general that Black people are somehow "special" and must be coddled in every way in everything they do, including criminal behavior. The idea is that Black people are simply not like every other person in America. They are different, and must be treated 'differently'. And if you don't do it, we will burn everything down. It is a license to riot, steal, and party.

Of course this is obvious 'reverse racisim', but as long as the Black rioters get to keep their 'race card, and their 'victim card', then it is all worth it. That is what all of this is all about. It is about keeping 'Whitey' in his place.

Nixon is essentially offering Ferguson up as a sacrifice to the Black race pimps for his own pandering reasons when he should be standing strong for law and order. I think/hope he will pay a price for this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.