Author Topic: Obama to Send All-Black Delegation to Michael Brown’s Funeral  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

White House To Send Representation To Mike Brown’s Funeral

Need we remind you that there was no White House representation at the funeral of Major General Greene, the highest ranking officer murdered in Afghanistan? There were no current members of the Obama White House sent to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher either.

EDGARTOWN, Mass. – President Barack Obama is sending three White House officials to the funeral service of the Missouri teenager whose death in a police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri, has sparked days of racial unrest.

Leading the group for Monday’s service will be the chairman of the My Brother’s Keeper Task Force, Broderick Johnson. My Brother’s Keeper is an Obama initiative that aims to empower young minorities. Johnson is also the secretary for the Cabinet.

Also attending will be the deputy director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, Marlon Marshall, and an adviser for the office, Heather Foster.

The White House says Marshall is a St. Louis native and attended high school with Brown’s mother.

http://weaselzippers.us/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:02:55 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to Send All-Black Delegation to Michael Brown’s Funeral
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:29:03 pm »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/reports-obama-to-send-all-black-delegation-to-michael-browns-funeral/

Reports: Obama to Send All-Black Delegation to Michael Brown’s Funeral
Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, August 23, 2014, 10:57 PM

Guest post by Kristinn Taylor

Broderick Johnson, NNPA Photo by Freddie Allen.

AprilDRyan @AprilDRyan
Follow

The head of the the Obama Administrations My Brothers keeper Initiative,Broderick Johnson is attending Michael Brown's funeral Monday
4:34 PM - 23 Aug 2014

Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, August 23, 2014, 10:57 PM

Guest post by Kristinn Taylor

Broderick-Johnson-Pic-300x214
Broderick Johnson, NNPA Photo by Freddie Allen.

The Obama administration is sending Cabinet Secretary Broderick Johnson, an African-American who heads up an Obama initiative to help young black males, to lead the administration’s all-black delegation to the funeral on Monday of Michael Brown. Brown is the unarmed black 18 year-old robber shot dead in a confrontation by a white Ferguson, Missouri police officer two weeks ago in a case that has stoked racial tensions.

Johnson’s attendance at the funeral was first reported by April Ryan, White House Correspondent and Washington Bureau Chief for American Urban Radio Networks, in a posting on Twitter.

The Washington Post later reported two more black Obama administrations officials are being sent to Brown’s funeral. Marlon Marshall, Special Assistant to the President and Principal Deputy Director of Public Engagement and Heather Foster, Public Engagement Advisor. Both work under Valerie Jarrett.

The Post reported Marshall is from St. Louis and went to high school with Brown’s mother.

Johnson was appointed earlier this year by Obama to be chair of the My Brother’s Keeper Task Force which is aimed at helping young black males avoid the fate of the likes of Michael Brown and lead successful lives. Johnson’s official title is, Assistant to the President and Cabinet Secretary.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, revealed by Politico this week to be Obama’s man in Ferguson, will deliver the eulogy at Brown’s funeral which will be held in St. Louis at Friendly Temple Missionary Baptist Church according to BET.

Last week Obama dispatched Attorney General Eric Holder to Ferguson where he met with Brown’s parents among others in an effort to reassure the community of a “fair and independent” investigation. While in Ferguson, Holder spoke of a few incidents in his past when believes he was hassled by police for being black.

CNN reported earlier this week Obama has no plans to visit Ferguson anytime soon.

“He has spoken with elected and other leaders, and his public statements have been measured. No presidential visits to Missouri are planned for now although Attorney General Eric Holder is due in Ferguson on Wednesday.

“”I have to be very careful about not prejudging these events before investigations are completed. Because, although these are, you know, issues of local jurisdiction — you know, the DOJ works for me,” Obama told reporters on Monday. “And then when they’re conducting an investigation, I’ve got to make sure that I don’t look like I’m putting my thumb on the scales one way or the other.””
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Obama to Send All-Black Delegation to Michael Brown’s Funeral
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »
Where was the delegation for the funeral for  Army Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene?  Bush attended the funeral of Lt Gen. Timothy Maude.

When a General officer is killed during time of war, historically it has been WH protocol to attend the funeral. Unless of course you're Obama and you have a tee time.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline PzLdr

Re: Obama to Send All-Black Delegation to Michael Brown’s Funeral
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:48:15 pm »
They gonna wear their hats on sideways? Wear their pants half way down their asses? Wear Blood colors? You know, keepin' it real?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee