Author Topic: How many more Americans will be beheaded before Obama grows a pair and declares war on ISIS?  (Read 689 times)

rangerrebew

How many more Americans will be beheaded before Obama grows a pair and declares war on ISIS?

By Howard Portnoy on August 22, 2014 at 8:35 am

As devastating as was the beheading of American journalist James Foley, the grisly execution was just Act One in a protracted immorality play unfolding in part with the cooperation of the Obama administration. A report by the Telegraph (UK) notes that up to 20 Western hostages are being held by ISIS, the jihadi group that murdered Foley.

Supporters of the president will point to his speech on Wednesday as evidence of his resolve. “Let’s be clear about ISIL,” he said, before giving this “assurance”:

They have rampaged across cities and villages — killing innocent, unarmed civilians in cowardly acts of violence. They abduct women and children, and subject them to torture and rape and slavery. They have murdered Muslims — both Sunni and Shia — by the thousands. They target Christians and religious minorities, driving them from their homes, murdering them when they can for no other reason than they practice a different religion. They declared their ambition to commit genocide against an ancient people.

Give Obama high marks for rhetorical flourish, but the content of the remarks, which went on in a similar vein for an unusually brief 700 words (the golf course beckoned!), was as holl0w as it was weak. And confused:

ISIL speaks for no religion. Their victims are overwhelmingly Muslim, and no faith teaches people to massacre innocents. No just God would stand for what they did yesterday, and for what they do every single day. ISIL has no ideology of any value to human beings. [Emphasis added]

[...]

One thing we can all agree on is that a group like ISIL has no place in the 21st century.

The emphasized passage is belied by the first “I” in the acronym “ISIL,” which stands for “Islamic State in the Levant.” Also, in the excerpt quoted earlier, he states, that “they target Christians and religious minorities, driving them from their homes, murdering them when they can for no other reason than they practice a different religion.”

As for the statement that “ISIL has no place in the 21st century,” the sentiment must have sounded better on paper, because a number of people are now scratching their heads over that puzzler. In a column at the Federalist Mollie Hemingway asks:

What does this even mean? Just at the most obvious and basic level, if “we can all agree” with this statement, then … what? What do we do if we agree that this group must not exist in our general space-time continuum?

ISIL, the president correctly observes, is a “cancer” that cannot be allowed to “spread.” But if that’s what he really believes, why is he treating the murder of James Foley as a law enforcement matter, sending in the FBI to hunt down the killer, rather than combating the larger disease that claimed Foley’s life?

Charles Krauthammer has observed that ISIL is brazen, which makes them easy targets from the air. If Obama is chary about putting boots on the ground because it will have dire political implications for him and his legacy, why not at least launch an air war? But don’t expect a reaction right away. The weather forecast for Martha’s Vineyard is blue skies and sunshine. Obama will be golfing.

Related Articles

Read more at http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/08/22/many-americans-will-beheaded-obama-grows-pair-declares-war-isis/#26jIpdUd8VdQtjrF.99

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
How many more Americans will be beheaded before Obama grows a pair and declares war on ISIS?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Responding to Machiavelli's posting of images above (which I enjoyed)...

The ISIS figure above does represent a "cancer cell" -- a malignant one.

BUT... let me draw an analogy, if I may (albeit a rough one):

Suppose a person is examined, and found to have within cells that could be a precursor to cancer, but are not yet malignant?

What do you do, in that case?

If it was me, I'd ask my doctors to do whatever possible to get rid of them BEFORE they grow malignant.

But look at islam. We are told there are "moderate" muslims, and there are radicals, who don't represent "real" islam. Yet there seems to be no easy way to determine when the moderate will transmogrify into the militant. And all too often, the moderates may sympathize and support the radicals, though they are careful not to reveal that part of themselves to non-muslims.

I contend that the so-called "moderate muslims" with The West are the equivalent of not-yet-malignant cancer cells within the body.

They may seem harmless enough... for now.
Yet there is no way to know when they may suddenly become a threat, and metastasize within.

The reality is that if we find these cells within -- malignant or not -- they pose a danger to us.

I realize it goes against all our inclinations to regard "everyone as equal" to consider such things.

But are all cells within the body to be treated equally?

Even the cancerous ones?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Have just got back and been catching up.

Your analogy is decent, but not quite on target, if you permit me saying so.

Think of ISIL (and fundamentalism in general) more as pathogenic bacteria than a cancer. There are seriously a lot of decent people out there who happen to be Muslim. What we need is a decent immune response to terror and extremists.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Have just got back and been catching up.

Your analogy is decent, but not quite on target, if you permit me saying so.

Think of ISIL (and fundamentalism in general) more as pathogenic bacteria than a cancer. There are seriously a lot of decent people out there who happen to be Muslim. What we need is a decent immune response to terror and extremists.

What would a decent immune response be?  I agree that not all Muslims are radical, but they desperately need to clean their house - or they may find themselves being treated in toto with the radicals.

What is your opinion of what the response should be to deal with not only ISIS, but these other radical Islamic groups around the world?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

Not going to happen....ever!

A more interesting question for me would be when are the American people going to learn that elections have consequences?
Is it the same answer...never??

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Relic

Well, if ISIS manages to behead a black American, then it will be war.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Well, if ISIS manages to behead a black American, then it will be war.

Maybe.  If it is a black, homosexual, transgender American then there will be for sure.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What would a decent immune response be?  I agree that not all Muslims are radical, but they desperately need to clean their house - or they may find themselves being treated in toto with the radicals.

What is your opinion of what the response should be to deal with not only ISIS, but these other radical Islamic groups around the world?

Same way your body does. Remove the infectious agent, then the infected cells, and immunize the rest.

Most Muslims don't suddenly wake up one morning and think "Today is Jihad day." They are talked into it by Imams. Remove the hate Imams first. No trial and prison, where they can recruit more of the disaffected, but bullet and a pit. Make it clearly understood that any incitement to Jihad means an automatic death sentence to the one doing the inciting.

Boost the HumInt capabilities - contacts, bribes, whatever it takes - get some talented Intel officers to interpret the data and find each and every fighter. Kill them, but question them first. The Muslims that just want to live their lives and worship their own way will happily join in on that. They respect strength.

You'll be left with Imams in the mosques and madrassas who dare not discuss anything more than the peaceful aspects of Islam - of which there are many, to be fair. It's a beautiful book in the main.

Offline alicewonders

Same way your body does. Remove the infectious agent, then the infected cells, and immunize the rest.

Most Muslims don't suddenly wake up one morning and think "Today is Jihad day." They are talked into it by Imams. Remove the hate Imams first. No trial and prison, where they can recruit more of the disaffected, but bullet and a pit. Make it clearly understood that any incitement to Jihad means an automatic death sentence to the one doing the inciting.

Boost the HumInt capabilities - contacts, bribes, whatever it takes - get some talented Intel officers to interpret the data and find each and every fighter. Kill them, but question them first. The Muslims that just want to live their lives and worship their own way will happily join in on that. They respect strength.

You'll be left with Imams in the mosques and madrassas who dare not discuss anything more than the peaceful aspects of Islam - of which there are many, to be fair. It's a beautiful book in the main.

Those are excellent suggestions EC - would this best be done "in-house" by each individual country - or would this be done by an international coalition?  It would almost have to be a coordinated effort, I would think. 

But can such a coalition even be possible?  It seems like the governments of many of these countries where terrorism foments either turn a blind eye to it - or they actually encourage it. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Those are excellent suggestions EC - would this best be done "in-house" by each individual country - or would this be done by an international coalition?  It would almost have to be a coordinated effort, I would think. 

But can such a coalition even be possible?  It seems like the governments of many of these countries where terrorism foments either turn a blind eye to it - or they actually encourage it.

In house for most countries would be best, though it would be tricky, since most civilized countries do have laws against summary execution. You'd also have to walk the fine line between someone practicing free speech and actual incitement. The easiest way would be to contract it out - the CIA and the Mafia have a very old and friendly working relationship, for example.

For the other countries - international coalition is the only way to go. I'd actually expect the USA to take a bit of a back seat on that aspect, confining itself to more intelligence gathering and interpretation - your intelligence network is second only to Russia - and drone strikes. Maybe some live fire exercises from time to time to train up the SEALS and the other SpecOps forces for a bit of fun. :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

In house for most countries would be best, though it would be tricky, since most civilized countries do have laws against summary execution. You'd also have to walk the fine line between someone practicing free speech and actual incitement. The easiest way would be to contract it out - the CIA and the Mafia have a very old and friendly working relationship, for example.

For the other countries - international coalition is the only way to go. I'd actually expect the USA to take a bit of a back seat on that aspect, confining itself to more intelligence gathering and interpretation - your intelligence network is second only to Russia - and drone strikes. Maybe some live fire exercises from time to time to train up the SEALS and the other SpecOps forces for a bit of fun. :laugh:

The Mafia angle is an interesting one.  I have a friend that came here from Russia, she told me that where she lived - the police are so corrupt that most of the people "contracted out" "law-enforcement" through their local Mafia instead of even bothering calling the police. 

Back to the "immunizations" - it would almost have to be done "under the table".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The Mafia angle is an interesting one.  I have a friend that came here from Russia, she told me that where she lived - the police are so corrupt that most of the people "contracted out" "law-enforcement" through their local Mafia instead of even bothering calling the police. 

Back to the "immunizations" - it would almost have to be done "under the table".

I've worked with them. Pretty decent and they will do what they say, for the price agreed.

Father in law was actually official liaison for a few years between the Mafia, the CIA and the Italian Army during the time Operation Gladius was set up.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
When a cancer is cut out, the patient often undergoes chemo and radiation afterwards, lest the cancer reappear.

Obama basically withdrew chemo and radiation from the patient, without regard to military or medical need,
instead opting to satisfy political opinions.

I want a candidate who promises to start bombing muslims out of existence, unless the nations themselves wipe out their terrorists.

That was the old order. Bush got Khadafy to give up nukes. Egypt and Syria were essentially with us, more than against us.

But Obama upset that order, instead helping pro-terrorist forces get into power. Fortunately Egypt reversed that. Syria is trying, but out of the chaos created in part by Obama, comes ISIL/ISIS.

But we need to also realize that this type of chaos is business as usual for muslims. They kill each other. The story of islam is war, on a permanent basis, inbred into the culture and societies.

Chaos is like cancer. Cancer is like chaos.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln