Author Topic: Selma teacher suspended for telling students to REENACT Michael Brown shooting, making white students do the shooting  (Read 575 times)

rangerrebew

Selma teacher suspended for telling students to REENACT Michael Brown shooting, making white students do the shooting

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM in Politics | 99 Comments

By The Right Scoop

A teacher has been suspended for telling students to reenact the Michael Brown shooting. A mother of a 6th grader in the class at Brantley Elementary took to Facebook to complain:

I am absolutely shocked by what my 6th grade child come home telling me that happened in school(Brantley Elementary). His teacher made them reenact the two current shooting of the young black male’s… The white students had to play the police officer. She even has them get on the internet and research how many times the young man was shot where he was shot at. That is absurd to me then you turn around and make them reenact every bit of it including the shooting…Then sit in class and tells them our black children can not walk in their own neighborhood without white people shooting them and she hated to sound racist but whatever…. Sounds like someone’s racist to me, and to me they are teaching these children to hate one another when we’re supposed to be teaching them to love one another…

It’s one thing to talk about the shooting in a reasonable manner with students. But it’s absurd to instruct students to act out the shooting in a skit, especially based on unofficial accounts of the officer shooting a surrendering Michael Brown. Whatever happened to waiting for all the facts? Sounds like this teacher is more interested in pushing a racial agenda and should be fired for doing so.

At this point the teacher has been put on administrative leave by the Dallas County Schools Superintendent of Education, according to the Selma Times Journal. Here is what he had to say about it:

Dallas County Schools Superintendent of Education Don Willingham said an instructor was teaching about current events, as planned, when someone brought up the Brown shooting. He said the class conducted a “skit” about the Brown incident, but declined to give further details of the “skit” or who suggested it. …

“We wish the conversation didn’t have to take place, but it’s been reported to us and we’re addressing it as quick as we can,” Willingham said.

Strong said the school doesn’t make a practice of teaching violence, but instead teaches standards.

“Brantley’s culture does not support division,” Strong said. “We do recognize diversity, but we do not support division. Our culture is a strong culture.”

The teacher was put on administrative leave, with pay, which is standard procedure according to the superintendent.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/selma-teacher-suspended-for-telling-students-to-reenact-michael-brown-shooting-making-white-students-do-the-shooting/#ixzz3B6zl365K

Offline MACVSOG68

If, and that's a big "if", this happened as related, the teacher should be at least suspended w/o pay for quite a while.  How do you conduct a skit like that when the events are still unknown?  What's next...a skit on the execution of James Foley?  Maybe, and in the interests of diversity, white kids would play the executioner, so as not to stereotype... :facepalm2:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

rangerrebew

How about a trip to the golf course to show students how Obama does his job?

Offline MACVSOG68

How about a trip to the golf course to show students how Obama does his job?

Works for me... :whistle:

Offline musiclady

I'm amazed that any teacher would be suspended for this.

After all, she was just following through on the leftist propaganda they're shoving down our kids' throats on everything else.

Wasn't she?

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

I'm amazed that any teacher would be suspended for this.

After all, she was just following through on the leftist propaganda they're shoving down our kids' throats on everything else.

Wasn't she?

So did Herman Goering and Heinrich Himmler. :pondering:

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

There is no line that libs won't cross...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The teacher was put on administrative leave, with pay, which is standard procedure according to the superintendent.

"You're suspended.   Why not take a long extended weekend vacation...until things cool down a bit?"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

"You're suspended.   Why not take a long extended weekend vacation...until things cool down a bit?"

Exactly!

rangerrebew

'
'Or until Al Sharptongue or J$ss$ J$cks$n can show up to protest.