Author Topic: Navy SEAL: White House should not have revealed any information about failed rescue mission  (Read 550 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/08/21/james-foley-failed-rescue-mission/

August 21st, 2014
06:42 PM ET

Navy SEAL: White House should not have revealed any information about failed rescue mission
(CNN) – Before American journalist James Foley was executed by the terrorists known as ISIS, the militants had tried to squeeze a ransom out of the United States, asking for more than $130 million in exchange for his life, according to Foley's former employer, the GlobalPost.

The U.S. has a policy of not negotiating with terrorists.

The White House said there was a rescue attempt to save Foley and other ISIS hostages, a special operation that was launched early this summer that ultimately failed.

"This was a flawless operation, but the hostages were not there, so we'll do everything we need to do, to continue get our hostages back," Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel said Thursday.

But Daniel O'Shea, a reserve Navy SEAL officer who served as the coordinator for the hostage working group at the U.S. embassy in Iraq, says the White House should not be revealing any information about the operation at all.

"Releasing information about classified operations serves no tactical nor strategic value. It certainly doesn't help those folks who have to launch future missions," said O'Shea.

"I'm at a loss of words why there's so much information coming out, even after the fact that," he says.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Everyone who has at least two brain cells must realize that now they will move every couple of days.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Also they can set up false info. That is they can tell everyone in the camp that the Americans are here. And then wait to see if they are attacked.

If they are, they kill every surviving member of the camp.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama is more White than what 'White' is. He is so out of touch, he doesn't understand anything, as far as I can tell.

He does not know international politics.
He does not know economics.
He does not know business.
He does not know "Law".
He certainly does not know anything about 'Military'.

What does he know?

Who is he? And why is he President?

I have known 7-11 clerks who would be one thousand time more "President" than this guy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Navy SEAL: White House should not have revealed any information about failed rescue mission

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

These people are NOT on our side!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm coming to believe more and more they revel in our failures.

Offline musiclady

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

These people are NOT on our side!

It becomes more and more difficult every day to believe they are not in collusion with our enemies.

It's now, IMO, straining credulity to believe that Obama wants America to survive.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm coming to believe more and more they revel in our failures.

If you ever turn on and listen to Leftist talk radio, that's exactly what they do. The American soldier represents American exceptionalism and strength, and that they hate. So yes they revel in our failures. And why would their leader, not do the same. If not in public, then deep inside.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn