Author Topic: Retired Intel Officer: Foley Rescue Attempt Failed Because Obama ‘Dragged His Feet  (Read 587 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/retired-intel-officer-foley-rescue-attempt-failed-because-obama-dragged-his-feet/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLeJ4vDWco

BY: Larry O'Connor
August 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer (Ret.) is a CIA-trained former senior intelligence officer who wrote the book Operation Dark Heart about the Special Operations successes in the early stages of the Afghanistan war. 

He also famously reported to Congress that part of the intelligence breakdown prior to the 9/11 attacks was due to communications failures between the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency’s “Able Danger” project which had identified Mohamed Attah’s terror cell in Brooklyn in 2000.

Thursday morning, Shaffer appeared on WMAL radio in Washington, D.C., to discuss the ISIS execution of American journalist James Foley earlier this week. He told me and co-host Brian Wilson that the recently revealed rescue attempt led by Special Forces earlier this summer failed because President Obama was slow to give the go-ahead:

I’m hearing from my friends in the Pentagon, they are giving him every single option way ahead of time. And let me give you a little secret here: The reason that raid into Syria failed to get Foley and those guys was because the president drug his feet. He waited too long, the intel got stale, and by the time we actually gave the “go” word it failed because we just didn’t react quick enough.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

And now with other hostages he has let them know that we 'might' come after the killers to attempt a rescue.   Telling them they might as well kill the hostages now.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Maybe the "intel didn't get stale", but Obama & Co sat on it - while tipping them off to get the heck out of there? 

Disclaimer:  Some will say that is a wacky tin-foil-conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't put anything past this crew.  I wear my hat proudly!

:tinfoil:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Maybe the "intel didn't get stale", but Obama & Co sat on it - while tipping them off to get the heck out of there? 

Disclaimer:  Some will say that is a wacky tin-foil-conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't put anything past this crew.  I wear my hat proudly!

:tinfoil:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

When we saw what happened to multiple members of SEAL TEAM SIX after the Osama bin Laden capture/assassination...I too, would wear that tin foil hat proudly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

The problem with Obama - which is common knowledge now, and a serious flaw in his character - is that he listens to NO ONE.  He is his own counsel. He deliberately keeps himself uninformed on alternative scenarios, different opinions. He doesn't give himself the opportunity to hear contrasting ideas in meetings with others who have experience and expertise in a given area, because he doesn't have meetings!

What can be done about a man with such an important job who willfully ignores hearing all options?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:11:35 pm by aligncare »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote above:
[[ The problem with Obama - which is common knowledge now, and a serious flaw in his character - is that he listens to NO ONE.  He is his own counsel ]]

I respectfully disagree.

I'll reckon that he listens closely to Valerie, and that she is "his counsel".

More than that, she is the one pulling many of his strings -- at least the ones that get pulled when he's not on the golf course....

Offline evadR

Every day something comes out about this worthless POS that makes me just want to scream.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Every day something comes out about this worthless POS that makes me just want to scream.

I know what you mean.  My hatred of him increases every day - soon it will collapse on itself and become a black hole. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

aligncare wrote above:
[[ The problem with Obama - which is common knowledge now, and a serious flaw in his character - is that he listens to NO ONE.  He is his own counsel ]]

I respectfully disagree.

I'll reckon that he listens closely to Valerie, and that she is "his counsel".

More than that, she is the one pulling many of his strings -- at least the ones that get pulled when he's not on the golf course....
Indeed. It isn't Obama who dragged his feet, it's ValJar - the Chicago slum landlord who somehow has the qualifications to run the country and its foreign policy - who didn't give the "go ahead." Well, either that or Barry was too impaired by his White House beer or "choom" to be competent to give the order.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

And all along everyone thought the removal of top and mid-level brass wasn't noteworthy.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

I don't know how much Valerie Jarrett is involved in determining US policy, but my statement stands. Obama listens to no one (except, perhaps, Jarrett). And that is a foolish and dangerous way for a president of the United States to conduct himself on behalf of the American people.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And all along everyone thought the removal of top and mid-level brass wasn't noteworthy.

Many of us here voiced our alarm...but your point stands. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald