Author Topic:  (Read 581 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:32:42 AM »
When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British parliament was advised by an artful man [Sir William Keith], who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people. That it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them. But that they should not do it openly; but to weaken them and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia.
George Mason

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Proud Broad-Breasted Turkey
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:38:17 AM »
Because they haven't shown they can do anything outside Iraq or Syria yet?

At this point, they're like the Daleks: incredibly dangerous at close range, but they're slow, cumbersome and the largest body of water they've been shown to be able to cross so far is the Jordan River, which isn't that impressive. At this point, when it comes to being a legitimate threat to the U.S. mainland, they are nothing but talk.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »
Christians are good at tossing money at problems.  The Jews have problems of their own.  Perhaps we can use some Sikh, Hindu and Buddhist mercenaries to fight our wars.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Oceander

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »

At this point, they're like the Daleks: incredibly dangerous at close range, but they're slow, cumbersome and the largest body of water they've been shown to be able to cross so far is the Jordan River, which isn't that impressive. At this point, when it comes to being a legitimate threat to the U.S. mainland, they are nothing but talk.

But, is Dr. Who available yet?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »

It seems to me the taking down the WTCs says that terrorists are quite capable of doing considerable damage.  Besides, how many millions of muslims are in this country who would side with ISIS?  My guess is quite a few.
When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British parliament was advised by an artful man [Sir William Keith], who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people. That it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them. But that they should not do it openly; but to weaken them and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia.
George Mason

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »

They are a threat to Americans traveling or working in the area, though. And their fanaticism is picking up steam in receptive quarters of Islam.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
They are a threat to Americans traveling or working in the area, though. And their fanaticism is picking up steam in receptive quarters of Islam.

I'm quite sure there are already American ISIS jihadi sleeper cells springing up all over the country - just waiting for their wake-up calls. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
I'm quite sure there are already American ISIS jihadi sleeper cells springing up all over the country - just waiting for their wake-up calls.

While tamping down on citizen militias.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »
While tamping down on citizen militias.

Egg-zackly!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Fishrrman

• Fishrrman Speaks!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »
. Hey, we got rid of Saddam and killed bin Laden, right ??

And we got ISIS in return.
George Mason

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf