Author Topic: George Noory is part Arab  (Read 12242 times)

SPQR

Re: George Noory is part Arab
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 05:12:19 am »
Why are you reading my thread?

I am responding to your ill informed answers.  Syria which is a Arabic dictatorship has a heavy Christian population. They have been in Syria for over 2000 years(33 A.D). If you read your Bible the first mentioning of the Christians in Syria is in the book of Acts. Also the first to convert there were Jews in the Damascus area. Saint Paul spent many years that area.Arab Christians, forming Greek Orthodox (including Arab Orthodox) and Latin Christian communities, are estimated to be 2,300,000 in Syria, a 400,000 in Jordan and an equal number or more among the Palestinian Arab population and within the Arab-Israeli population combined.The Arab Christians largely belong to the Greek Orthodox or Antiochian Orthodox Churches, though there are also adherents to other churches: Melkite Greek Catholic Church, Latin Catholic Church, and Protestant Churches

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christians#cite_note-walid-3
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:47:52 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:45 pm »
I work with 3 Iranians and 1 Afghani . All born and schooled  in those countries, finishing their college degrees here. And all Christian and very good people. I have no reason to fear people because of the color of their skin or family origin. I thought we left that racist nonsense behind us when the last Japanese American left the internment camps.

Well said!!!

Thing is - you had left it behind. Almost, this stuff takes time. Even the '08 election was an indicator that the color/origin based crap was pretty much gone, and about time too. Then look what happened. I sometimes think this is one heck of an acid flashback to the 60's.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 02:05:55 am »
Well said!!!

Thing is - you had left it behind. Almost, this stuff takes time. Even the '08 election was an indicator that the color/origin based crap was pretty much gone, and about time too. Then look what happened. I sometimes think this is one heck of an acid flashback to the 60's.
:amen:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2014, 03:57:02 am »
He's Lebanese, which is mostly Muslim. Why do you think Casey Kasem was a big supporter of the Palestinians?

Most Lebanese in the USA are Christian, frequently Maronite Catholic or Greek Orthodox.

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2014, 04:09:34 am »
You sound like a Republican beltway type. Noory's pro-Muslim views pertain to news stories involving the U.S. and Israel in Middle Eastern conflicts.

Who?  Dex4974?

:bigsilly:

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2014, 04:10:04 am »
I work with 3 Iranians and 1 Afghani . All born and schooled  in those countries, finishing their college degrees here. And all Christian and very good people. I have no reason to fear people because of the color of their skin or family origin. I thought we left that racist nonsense behind us when the last Japanese American left the internment camps.

:thumbsup:

SPQR

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2014, 04:23:41 am »
Most Lebanese in the USA are Christian, frequently Maronite Catholic or Greek Orthodox.

Lebanon holds the largest number of Christians in the Arab world proportionally and falls just behind Egypt in absolute numbers. It is known that Christians made up between 65%-85%
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:57:08 am by Trigger »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 04:59:35 am »
George Noory is Roman Catholic, according to his biography.

http://www.conservapedia.com/George_Noory
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

SPQR

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2014, 05:03:46 am »

George Noory served nine years in the United States Naval Reserve as a full Lieutenant. Noory is a Roman Catholic of Lebanese descent
On various shows George has in various ways let it be known that he believes in God and that God is all knowing and powerful. George has encouraged prayer for various persons.

Noory's family is said to be of Lebanese Christian descent and his father was born in Cairo, Egypt, in 1922. According to Noory, he was brought up as a Roman Catholic and his mother was a devout Catholic

You are absolutely correct. He is even mentioned in a conservative website.

Concerning the issue of Art Bell:

On March 10, 2007, Noory introduced Art Bell for his Lifetime Achievement Award from "Radio & Records," the radio industry trade journal.The next week he replayed his introductory speech and Art Bell's acceptance speech. Noory revealed that although he has worked for Coast to Coast AM since 2001, that night was the first time he had met Art Bell in person.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:20:46 am by Trigger »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2014, 05:26:53 am »
Any American who would fear these Lebanese just because where they were born  needs physiological help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ZS9o6NLnM

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:29:34 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

SPQR

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 05:28:35 am »
Any American who would fear these Lebanese just because where they were born  needs physiological help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d26DSsQvFDM

Do not forget he is Lebanese and he is Roman Catholic
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:35:54 am by Trigger »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:20 am »
There is a lot of ignorance in America I'm afraid about the middle east, and the people who live there.   There are Christians there. Lots of them, even in places like Iraq and Iran. Good people no more a threat to you than the family siting in the pew in front of you at church. In fact they may dress and look not much different than the family in that pew.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

SPQR

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 05:47:41 am »
There is a lot of ignorance in America I'm afraid about the middle east, and the people who live there.   There are Christians there. Lots of them, even in places like Iraq and Iran. Good people no more a threat to you than the family siting in the pew in front of you at church. In fact they may dress and look not much different than the family in that pew.

I agree. They practice in faith according to the laws in those countries and the governments leave them alone. According to Acts 2:9 in the Acts of the Apostles there were Persians, Parthians and Medes among the very first new Christian converts at Pentecost. Since then there has been a continuous presence of Christians in Iran.The government guarantees the recognized Christian minorities a number of rights (production and sale of non-halal foods), representation in parliament, special family law.The Christians of Iraq are considered to be one of the oldest surviving continuous Christian communities in the world. These are Christians who are Arabs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Iraq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Iran
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:49:07 am by Trigger »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 06:03:39 am »
My co-worker, an Iranian girl who is Christian just held a wedding for her daughter. Her Iranian relatives flew in from all over the country and many flew in from Iran. Seeing the wedding photos  and photos of all the people (Iranian people) sure destroys the myth that they are all fanatical turban wearing bearded minions of the Ayatollah. It was nothing like that, at all.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:04:06 am by NavyCanDo »

SPQR

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 06:08:43 am »
My co-worker, an Iranian girl who is Christian just held a wedding for her daughter. Her Iranian relatives flew in from all over the country and many flew in from Iran. Seeing the wedding photos  and photos of all the people (Iranian people) sure destroys the myth that they are all fanatical turban wearing bearded minions of the Ayatollah. It was nothing like that, at all.

Arab governments only ask the Christians to abide by "rules of the road" and they will be left alone. As you have mentioned the Iranian community have left alone and the Christians live there in an Islamic state .  These governments cannot wipe out communities that have been there for 2000 years. Look at the Coptic Christian Community in Egypt, they have been relatively been allowed to practice their faith for 2000 years. In Syria, Christians engage in every aspect of Syrian life.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:50:26 am by Trigger »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 02:16:18 pm »

Conservapedia???  :wtf:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 02:49:47 pm »

Exactly. They are usually just people. Most good, some you wouldn't trust near your wallet, some you would trust with gold bars but not your wife.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »
Just because someone is "Arab" that does not necessarily mean he or she will be pro-Muslim.  Many Arabs are Christians, particularly Arab-Americans who descended from parents and grandparents who were running from Muslim persecution in their old countries.  I myself am one such American.  I am half Lebanese.  My father's maternal grandfather and my father's father immigrated here from what was then Syrian Beirut.  They were both Christians.

The list of Arab Americans on the Wikipedia link includes quite a few who were born Christians, including Steve Jobs, Ralph Nader, Donna Shalala, Marlo Thomas, etc.  Regrettably, quite a few Lebanese are liberals, including in my own family.  But they are not Muslims by any means.

The difference between the Lebanese and the Israelis is that the Lebanese have tended to negotiate with the pirates, whereas the Israelis have resisted them.  Both strategies have their advantages and disadvantages.  But neither has been decisive, at least so far.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 11:22:41 pm »
Title:
[[ George Noory is part Arab ]]

Who is George Noory?
I'd never heard of him until someone put this thread up....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 11:35:54 pm »
Title:
[[ George Noory is part Arab ]]

Who is George Noory?
I'd never heard of him until someone put this thread up....

After leaving jail, I spent a couple of months in a half-way house. The only TV was in main room. When I went to my bunk every night I had a radio tuned to Noory. He put me sleep every night for two months. Loved his show most of the time. It was entertaining.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

SPQR

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2014, 01:16:56 am »
Conservapedia???  :wtf:

Conservapedia is an English-language wiki encyclopedia project written from a self-described American conservative and fundamentalist Christian point of view

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservapedia

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2014, 01:35:57 am »
Conservapedia is an English-language wiki encyclopedia project written from a self-described American conservative and fundamentalist Christian point of view

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservapedia
Thanks. I do know that Conservapedia is a fundamentalist whack job site that embarrasses the conservative movement.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2014, 02:17:13 am »
Thanks. I do know that Conservapedia is a fundamentalist whack job site that embarrasses the conservative movement.

I unfriended the site on Facebook because it was just too over the top at times.

SPQR

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2014, 03:35:51 am »

There are things this site embraces.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »

I didn't say anything about Muslims as a whole. I said that Noory's Middle Eastern views maybe shaped by his Arab ancestry.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:17:38 pm by mystery-ak »