Author Topic: George Noory is part Arab  (Read 12241 times)

Offline Politics4us

Re: George Noory is part Arab
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2014, 01:22:12 pm »
:amen:
And you are correct there are many Arabic people who are Christians. My sister in law is Arabic and she is a Christian.

See, that's why you keep posting in my thread. Your sister in law is Arabic.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2014, 01:22:58 pm »
I am responding to your ill informed answers.  Syria which is a Arabic dictatorship has a heavy Christian population. They have been in Syria for over 2000 years(33 A.D). If you read your Bible the first mentioning of the Christians in Syria is in the book of Acts. Also the first to convert there were Jews in the Damascus area. Saint Paul spent many years that area.Arab Christians, forming Greek Orthodox (including Arab Orthodox) and Latin Christian communities, are estimated to be 2,300,000 in Syria, a 400,000 in Jordan and an equal number or more among the Palestinian Arab population and within the Arab-Israeli population combined.The Arab Christians largely belong to the Greek Orthodox or Antiochian Orthodox Churches, though there are also adherents to other churches: Melkite Greek Catholic Church, Latin Catholic Church, and Protestant Churches

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christians#cite_note-walid-3

And you know Noory's ancestors weren't Muslim?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2014, 01:25:02 pm »
Most Lebanese in the USA are Christian, frequently Maronite Catholic or Greek Orthodox.

Of course he's not a Muslim, but his ancestors may have been.  I said the fact that he's part Arab may indicate why his Middle Eastern views are sympathetic with Muslims.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2014, 01:26:00 pm »
George Noory is Roman Catholic, according to his biography.

http://www.conservapedia.com/George_Noory

Did I ever say he was a Muslim? I even said in the thread, Arab instead of Muslim.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »
Any American who would fear these Lebanese just because where they were born  needs physiological help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ZS9o6NLnM

Casey Kasem was Lebanese, and was anti-Israel etc.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2014, 01:33:38 pm »
My co-worker, an Iranian girl who is Christian just held a wedding for her daughter. Her Iranian relatives flew in from all over the country and many flew in from Iran. Seeing the wedding photos  and photos of all the people (Iranian people) sure destroys the myth that they are all fanatical turban wearing bearded minions of the Ayatollah. It was nothing like that, at all.

What myth? We've known for years about those who were pro Shah.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2014, 01:34:59 pm »
There is a lot of ignorance in America I'm afraid about the middle east, and the people who live there.   There are Christians there. Lots of them, even in places like Iraq and Iran. Good people no more a threat to you than the family siting in the pew in front of you at church. In fact they may dress and look not much different than the family in that pew.

And the countries are controlled by Muslim fanatics or governed by Sharia law.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2014, 01:59:52 pm »
Did I ever say he was a Muslim? I even said in the thread, Arab instead of Muslim.

A Christian American Arab is not likely to be sympathetic to Muslims because in all likelihood his family came to the USA in order to escape Muslim persecution.

It is true that there are a number of Lebanese Americans who are not sympathetic to Israel.  This stems from past Israeli bombing of Christian Lebanon, not support for Muslims.

As I indicated down thread, the Christian approach to dealing with the pirates is to pay them off.  Lebanese Christians and Syrian Muslims live a very fragile existence in Lebanon.  The Christians are the merchants for the most part, and they pay the hefty jizya to Hezbollah in order to continue existing.  They don't like it, but they get some modicum of peace, which is disrupted at times by greater Muslim demands and violence.  The Christians do not have the military capability to fight the Muslims, so they get by as best they can.  Many moved here in order to escape.

Israel has found it necessary to decimate Christian Beirut in order to defend itself from Hezbollah.  Since these bombs also fall on innocent Christians, it is not surprising that their Christian relatives in the USA are not particularly supportive.  But that is not the same as support for Muslims.

Personally, I am more supportive of Israel than most Maronites.  Maybe it is because I am a half-breed, but I consider myself an American, not a hyphenated American.  Appeasement of Muslim extremism is simply not in the USA's interest.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:00:43 pm by massadvj »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2014, 02:02:29 pm »
You're stupid. I didn't say anything about Muslims as a whole. I said that Noory's Middle Eastern views maybe shaped by his Arab ancestry.

Know this wasn't sent to me, but look: You may well be right. There is no denying that. But remember that correlation does not imply causation. All you know about Noory is what you see/hear. His reasons are in his head, and can never be perfectly expressed.

Has he ever bothered to look at what he learned as a child? We can't know.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2014, 02:17:56 pm »
Don't care what his religion is. Never occured to me. His show is hilarious. I enjoy it sometimes.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows

Theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24HbpvQXmo
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 02:18:39 pm »
You're stupid. I didn't say anything about Muslims as a whole. I said that Noory's Middle Eastern views maybe shaped by his Arab ancestry.

If you are suggesting that Noory's views are in his DNA then you should know that Arab DNA and Israeli DNA are identical.  Both civilizations come from the same tribe.  Modern Israelis are likely to have some European DNA because the Jews lived in Europe for so long.  But there is no difference between pure Jewish blood and pure Arab blood.  Whatever differences exist between these peoples arises from culture, not genetics.

Having been born a Christian myself, and having been born to an Arabic father, I regard all Arabs as half-brothers, and all Israelis as half-brothers.  In terms of my value system, I have much more in common with Israelis.  This stems from all that I have LEARNED in my life, not from my DNA.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 02:24:55 pm »
I said the fact that he's part Arab may indicate why his Middle Eastern views are sympathetic with Muslims.

It also may not indicate why.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »

Did your reply really have to include an insult, calling me "stupid"?   You attempted several times to explain and defend why you started this thread, and what you meant by it, and I'm good with that. Pretty much the rest of the dialog here is backing up why we have no reason to believe the stereotypes, (and there were some good educational post) and we all should be good with that.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Dexter

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2014, 02:45:11 pm »
If you are suggesting that Noory's views are in his DNA then you should know that Arab DNA and Israeli DNA are identical.  Both civilizations come from the same tribe.  Modern Israelis are likely to have some European DNA because the Jews lived in Europe for so long.  But there is no difference between pure Jewish blood and pure Arab blood.  Whatever differences exist between these peoples arises from culture, not genetics.

Having been born a Christian myself, and having been born to an Arabic father, I regard all Arabs as half-brothers, and all Israelis as half-brothers.  In terms of my value system, I have much more in common with Israelis.  This stems from all that I have LEARNED in my life, not from my DNA.

We're all people and we all came from the same source.  ^-^
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2014, 02:55:42 pm »
We're all people and we all came from the same source.  ^-^

While true, and I certainly agree with the sentiment, a geneticist can identify the difference between someone who descends from Europeans and someone who descends from, say, China.  A geneticist cannot tell the difference between an Arab and a Jew.

It is important because as time goes on science is finding that more and more behaviors we previously thought were learned are, in fact, genetic or have a genetic influence.  This includes homosexuality, depression, schizophrenia and many other behaviors.

There can be no genetic explanation for the differences in attitudes between Arabs and Jews because there is no difference in the genetics of Arabs and Jews.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2014, 02:59:11 pm »
While true, and I certainly agree with the sentiment, a geneticist can identify the difference between someone who descends from Europeans and someone who descends from, say, China.  A geneticist cannot tell the difference between an Arab and a Jew.

It is important because as time goes on science is finding that more and more behaviors we previously thought were learned are, in fact, genetic or have a genetic influence.  This includes homosexuality, depression, schizophrenia and many other behaviors.

There can be no genetic explanation for the differences in attitudes between Arabs and Jews because there is no difference in the genetics of Arabs and Jews.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/0624_050624_spencerwells_2.html

We are all related if you go back far enough.
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2014, 03:13:43 pm »
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/0624_050624_spencerwells_2.html

We are all related if you go back far enough.

Agreed.  But we are all not equally likely to become alcoholics, or homosexuals, or schizophrenic, or left-handed.  All of these things can be explained, or partially explained, by genetic differences between us.

A Pit Bull comes from the same source as a toy poodle.  But the two breeds are very different in terms of their dispositions.  You can teach a Pit Bull to be peaceful, or you can teach a poodle to be violent.  But one is more pliable than the other based on genetics.  The same can be said for various iterations of humans.

My point is that Israelis and Arabs are the same breed.  The differences between them are the same as, say, one German Shepherd raised in one household and another German Shepherd raised in another.

Telling a Pit Bull that was raised in a poor environment that all dogs are brothers is about as likely to be successful in taming the Pit Bull as telling an Arab raised as a Muslim that all humans are brothers.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2014, 03:16:53 pm »
I understand what you're saying. Considering we all came from the same original source, this almost sounds like evolution to me. :-P When groups of people separated long ago they started to have different genetic mutations due to living in different environments and having different experiences.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:19:58 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2014, 03:21:05 pm »
I understand what you're saying. Considering we all came from the same original source, this almost sounds like evolution to me. :-P When groups of people separated long ago they started to have different genetic mutations.

Yes.  And since Arabs and Jews separated only a few thousand years ago, there is no genetic difference that is detectable.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2014, 03:26:18 pm »

Of course we all know that according to the Torah, Jews and Arabs have the same genetic source.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:21 pm »
Yes.  And since Arabs and Jews separated only a few thousand years ago, there is no genetic difference that is detectable.

Indeed.  :beer:
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2014, 03:44:50 pm »

I'm no genetic scientist, but when you get right down to understanding genetic difference you may be right. Obviously the Jews who descended from those who left Judea have to a great deal blended with other peoples. If you walk down the streets of Tel Aviv the people you see don't look a whole lot different than those you see walking down the streets of Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, New York or lying on the beaches of the Riviera. We have an example right next to us in Mexico in how that works, with the Mexicans blended with a large amount of Spanish or American blood, looking a lot different that those closer related to their original Mexican or Indian ancestors.  Where as the many of Arab peoples are less blended largely due to their culture and on a historical time scale only just leaving their ancestors home lands.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:35 pm »
I'm no genetic scientist, but when you get right down to understanding genetic difference you may be right. Obviously the Jews who descended from those who left Judea have to a great deal blended with other peoples. If you walk down the streets of Tel Aviv the people you see don't look a whole lot different than those you see walking down the streets of Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, New York or lying on the beaches of the Riviera. We have an example right next to us in Mexico in how that works, with the Mexicans blended with a large amount of Spanish or American blood, looking a lot different that those closer related to their original Mexican or Indian ancestors.  Where as the many of Arab peoples are less blended largely due to their culture and on a historical time scale only just leaving their ancestors home lands.

This is very true.  There are some blue-eyed Israelis, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a blue-eyed Palestinian.  And if there are differences on the outside, it is likely there are differences within as well.  However, the hostility between these peoples goes back to a time before these differences occurred, and so at least the original hostility cannot be attributed to genetics.  Certainly, if you look at modern day Israel it is much more like Europe than like the Middle East, a fact that many Israeli purists find lamentable.

I think one big difference between the way my father's family sees the Middle East and the way most other Americans see the Middle East is that among the people in my father's family there is a recognition that the Muslim/Christian disconnect is a fundamental reality they have been dealing with for thousands of years.  They see it as a permanent, uncontrollable factor in their lives, one that has shaped their very existence.  I think most other Americans see it as a problem that can be solved.  Most people in my family think that is a rather naive point of view.  Better to pay the bastards off and go on with your life, which of course only emboldens the pirates.

I do find it very ironic that my family moved here to escape the Muslims and their jizya.  Today they are very successful merchants and find themselves captives of the IRS.  Most Americans pay the IRS with the same resignation that most Lebanese Christians pay Hezbollah, except Hezbollah does not charge as high a percentage. 

There is no escaping, it seems.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »
This is very true.  There are some blue-eyed Israelis, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a blue-eyed Palestinian.

That's because they kill them.

The average Pali is not much different than a tribe in the deep Congo. They are not allowed to be educated in anything other than the Koran, because, I mean come on, even you have to admit the Koran contains all knowledge man needs to know. This makes them very stupid, and very, very, superstitious.

Curses, and witch doctors(so to speak), are alive an well there. I saw a woman buy a rock from a "healer" and she was using it to cure her obvious lymphoma. I prayed for her because I knew she would die.

I do not know if you will understand this, but I suspect you will.

Chamsa! Chamsa! Ayin ha-raa. (the evil eye)

You can be accused of anything there. Their version of werewolf, witch, devil, anything, and it is all taken very seriously. The accusation itself is enough to get you killed.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2014, 04:23:59 pm »
I think it is also worth pointing out here that when it comes to Israel there is no option to pay the pirates off.  Israel is, in fact, negotiating to be in the same position as the Lebanese Christians: leave us alone and we will give you money.  Unfortunately, when it comes to Israel, the Muslims refuse to recognize their right to exist, so no amount of money will resolve the dispute.