Author Topic: George Noory is part Arab  (Read 12195 times)

Offline Politics4us

George Noory is part Arab
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:49:55 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_Americans

I always found his politics to be pro-Muslim.

SPQR

Re: George Noory is part Arab
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:04:17 am »
So. He still puts on a good show and has interesting subjects. I liked Art Bell better. He was pretty liberal but still had interesting subjects on his show.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:06:42 am by Trigger »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:13 am »
His show is horrible. It's not entertaining.

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 05:13:33 am »
His show is horrible. It's not entertaining.

Originally I thought that his show was going to be a dud but I like it. Art Bell Seems to like him. If Art did not like him Art would not have chose him as his replacement.  If the show was horrible he would be off the air. So there are people listening to his program. According to estimates by Talkers Magazine, Coast to Coast AM draws approximately 3 million listeners, making it the most listened-to program in its time slot.

"The Top Talk Radio Audiences (Updated 3/11)". Talkers Magazine. Retrieved January 6, 2012
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:31:32 am by Trigger »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:41:04 am »
So. He still puts on a good show and has interesting subjects. I liked Art Bell better. He was pretty liberal but still had interesting subjects on his show.

I mean, who can turn off the radio and go to bed when the subject is Alien Bigfoots creating crop circles to signal UFOs to blanket the sky with chemtrails, which makes everyone see the Shadow people. I'm talking real entertainment there.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 06:10:27 am »
I mean, who can turn off the radio and go to bed when the subject is Alien Bigfoots creating crop circles to signal UFOs to blanket the sky with chemtrails, which makes everyone see the Shadow people. I'm talking real entertainment there.

Who cares if he is Muslim.I remember Art making harsh statements in the years when he was on the air. He puts on a good show. You are correct its entertaining listening to people who are in psudo science. Obviously he is doing a good job of it because 3 million people listen to him every night over 570 stations. I prefer Art Bell over George.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:18:14 am by Trigger »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »
Who cares if he is Muslim.I remember Art making harsh statements in the years when he was on the air. He puts on a good show. You are correct its entertaining listening to people who are in psudo science. Obviously he is doing a good job of it because 3 million people listen to him every night over 570 stations. I prefer Art Bell over George.

It's important that he's part Arab, because it explains his pro-Muslim Middle Eastern stance. I don't think Art Bell likes the job Noory is doing.

Art Bell
August 30, 2013 · Pahrump, NV ·

"I guess it is about time to straighten a few things out. I had no input or voice into the choice of George Noory as Host...none. He recently, after Dark Matter was announced dropped my name from mention then he says put it back because it was the right thing to do, nonsense, he did it so he could stop open line callers from being cut off because they kept trying to mention my new show. That is why he announced it. I wanted my name dropped from the show as well as my Saturday shows stopped to be blunt because I hated the direction the show had taken and no longer wanted to be associated with it. George is I am sure a nice guy BUT he has become lazy and does not pay attention. I am sorry to be so blunt but that's how I feel. I hope what little competition I can provide will cause him to up his game."

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »
It's important that he's part Arab, because it explains his pro-Muslim Middle Eastern stance. I don't think Art Bell likes the job Noory is doing.

Art Bell
August 30, 2013 · Pahrump, NV ·

"I guess it is about time to straighten a few things out. I had no input or voice into the choice of George Noory as Host...none. He recently, after Dark Matter was announced dropped my name from mention then he says put it back because it was the right thing to do, nonsense, he did it so he could stop open line callers from being cut off because they kept trying to mention my new show. That is why he announced it. I wanted my name dropped from the show as well as my Saturday shows stopped to be blunt because I hated the direction the show had taken and no longer wanted to be associated with it. George is I am sure a nice guy BUT he has become lazy and does not pay attention. I am sorry to be so blunt but that's how I feel. I hope what little competition I can provide will cause him to up his game."

He is still entertaining and has 3 million listeners every night. He is in the number 6 slot in the radio talk show hosts. If you do not like him or his politics just turn off the radio. All you need is to flip the switch or  turn the knob to the off position.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:19:18 pm by Trigger »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »
Honestly, this is a silly topic. Who cares what Americans are part Arab. It doesn't make them any less loyal to this country or any less of a good citizen. Hell, Danny Thomas is on this list.    Making a big deal of who's on this list could be construed as racist by some.
As far as George Noory and Art bell before him - On nights when its hard to fall asleep, their shows are always good entertainment, regardless of how off the wall the topic was. In fact the more crazy the topic, the better the callers to the show.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:32:16 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 10:56:45 pm »
Honestly, this is a silly topic. Who cares what Americans are part Arab. It doesn't make them any less loyal to this country or any less of a good citizen. Hell, Danny Thomas is on this list.    Making a big deal of who's on this list could be It could be construed as racist by some.
As far as George Noory and Art bell before him - On nights when its hard to fall asleep, their shows are always good entertainment, regardless of how off the wall the topic was. In fact the more crazy the topic, the better the callers to the show.

:thumbsup:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:07 pm »

Being Arab or not is not an absolute indicator of anything. His stances on the ME do not necessarily have anything to do with who his parents are. There are Arabs and non-Arabs on all sides of these issues.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

SPQR

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:21 pm »
Honestly, this is a silly topic. Who cares what Americans are part Arab. It doesn't make them any less loyal to this country or any less of a good citizen. Hell, Danny Thomas is on this list.    Making a big deal of who's on this list could be It could be construed as racist by some.

I agree. The best guests are the UFO "experts" such as Linda Moulton Howe and John Houge.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:03:21 pm by Trigger »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:44 pm »
Also, Muslims are far too large a group of people to say something like "He's pro-Muslim." What exactly does that even mean? There are 100 different ways you could be pro-Muslim depending on what exactly you're talking about. I am pro-Muslim in that I believe the vast majority of them are decent and moral people that want to live good lives. Being outright anti-Muslim would just make you a bigot. We need to stop letting extremist minorities cloud our judgment.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:15:46 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:44 am »
First of all, he has 3 million listeners, because he has no competition. Secondly, you said Art Bell chose Noory as his replacement when he didn't. Thirdly, you say I should turn the dial....you could say the same thing about conservatives complaining about liberals on tv. As far as Noory being part Arab, I'm just pointing out that it may shed light on why his Middle Eastern stance is what it is. One of the few times that Noory stated that he disagreed with a guest's views was when Glenn Beck was on. The audio is here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rckFS1S-UI

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 12:44:09 am »
Also, Muslims are far too large a group of people to say something like "He's pro-Muslim." What exactly does that even mean? There are 100 different ways you could be pro-Muslim depending on what exactly you're talking about. I am pro-Muslim in that I believe the vast majority of them are decent and moral people that want to live good lives. Being outright anti-Muslim would just make you a bigot. We need to stop letting extremist minorities cloud our judgment.

You sound like a Republican beltway type. Noory's pro-Muslim views pertain to news stories involving the U.S. and Israel in Middle Eastern conflicts.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 01:42:06 am »
Most Arabs in the US are Christian.

The country with the largest Muslim population is Indonesia.

SPQR

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 01:51:02 am »
First of all, he has 3 million listeners, because he has no competition. Secondly, you said Art Bell chose Noory as his replacement when he didn't. Thirdly, you say I should turn the dial....you could say the same thing about conservatives complaining about liberals on tv. As far as Noory being part Arab, I'm just pointing out that it may shed light on why his Middle Eastern stance is what it is. One of the few times that Noory stated that he disagreed with a guest's views was when Glenn Beck was on. The audio is here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rckFS1S-UI

Right if you don't like is radio show shut it off. No one is forcing you to listen to his show with a gun to your head. You have the freedom to choose whether to listen to him. This is not Russia.  There are many shows I do not like and I go to another program and push a button. If you want to listen to more radio/satellite station buy a Sirius XM station. There are many radio/satellite stations there
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:58:47 am by Trigger »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 02:07:07 am »
You sound like a Republican beltway type.

:silly:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:07:39 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

SPQR

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 02:11:24 am »
:amen:

I do agree that this topic have some racial overtones to it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:16:43 am by Trigger »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 03:26:51 am »

He's Lebanese, which is mostly Muslim. Why do you think Casey Kasem was a big supporter of the Palestinians?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 03:27:31 am »
Right if you don't like is radio show shut it off. No one is forcing you to listen to his show with a gun to your head. You have the freedom to choose whether to listen to him. This is not Russia.  There are many shows I do not like and I go to another program and push a button. If you want to listen to more radio/satellite station buy a Sirius XM station. There are many radio/satellite stations there

Why are you reading my thread?

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 03:27:58 am »

I do agree that this topic have some racial overtones to it.

Please.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 03:46:02 am »

I work with 3 Iranians and 1 Afghani . All born and schooled  in those countries, finishing their college degrees here. And all Christian and very good people. I have no reason to fear people because of the color of their skin or family origin. I thought we left that racist nonsense behind us when the last Japanese American left the internment camps.

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 04:48:25 am »
Why is this thread in the National News/Current Events forum?   :whistle:

I didn't know who George Noory is, nor did I really need to know.  Isn't there a media forum here? 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:49:23 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 04:59:14 am »
I work with 3 Iranians and 1 Afghani . All born and schooled  in those countries, finishing their college degrees here. And all Christian and very good people. I have no reason to fear people because of the color of their skin or family origin. I thought we left that racist nonsense behind us when the last Japanese American left the internment camps.
And you are correct there are many Arabic people who are Christians. My sister in law is Arabic and she is a Christian.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:22:50 am by Trigger »