Author Topic: Obama to speak on death of American journalist  (Read 1514 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Obama to speak on death of American journalist
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 05:26:45 pm »
Nope....spoke of the General in passing...
When did he do that?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »

DW Ulsterman
8 mins ·
Barack Obama gives presser about how "appalled" he was over ISIS beheading of American journalist James Foley. Within minutes of wrapping up that presser he rushed off to the golf course. No joke...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 07:17:48 pm »
When did he do that?

A few days after the General was murdered...he was giving a presser on something else and mentioned at the end his sympathies to the General's family....that was it..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama returns to golf course after condemning ISIS
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 07:37:39 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/215604-obama-returns-to-golf-course-after-condemning-isis

By Justin Sink - 08/20/14 01:51 PM EDT

Shortly after delivering a statement denouncing the execution of American journalist James Foley by Islamist militants in Iraq, President Obama hit the golf course on Wednesday.

Obama completed the statement at a school in Martha’s Vineyard where he is vacationing, before arriving minutes later at a local golf club.

The president planned to play a round with former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning, private equity investor Glenn Hutchins, and longtime friend Cy Walker‎, according to the White House.

It is the seventh round of golf for the president during his vacation on the Massachusetts island, but the first round since Sunday. The president briefly flew back to Washington Sunday night for meetings at the White House, but returned on Tuesday to his vacation home.

Last week, White House spokesman Eric Schultz acknowledged there were "ongoing complicated situations in the world" as the president was looking to squeeze in a summer vacation. But he said Obama had remained "engaged."

"I think, as many have observed over the past few days, there’s never a perfect time for the president to take some time away with his family," Schultz said.

"But I think we can also all agree that it’s valuable to recharge your batteries. And I just don't think the American people begrudge their president for taking some downtime with his family," he added.

Support the USO

rangerrebew

Re: Obama returns to golf course after condemning ISIS
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »

Last week, White House spokesman Eric Schultz acknowledged there were "ongoing complicated situations in the world" 

Just last week the admin was bragging about how smooth and wonderful things are around the world.  Different day, different story.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 07:57:04 pm »
Amazing fellow, that Obama.

He's destroying the country, and the world, and yet all he does is play.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 08:04:16 pm »

Obama: "ISIL speaks for no religion. . . no just God would stand for what they did yesterday. . ."

Not even the Bible thumpers in the Midwest with their guns?  Not Christians are domestic terrorists?  I thought the big guy in islam was Mohammed.  No GOD would stand for this but Mohammed did and would.  This is a clever diversion by Obama of reality.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 08:06:17 pm »
"But I think we can also all agree that it’s valuable to recharge your batteries. And I just don't think the American people begrudge their president for taking some downtime with his family," he added.
He said without a hint of irony.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:37 pm »
He said without a hint of irony.   **nononono*

Unprincipled toadies are like that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
 UNREAL: Barack Obama Knew ISIS Planned to Behead American Journalist While he Played Golf - See more at Liberty News (quoting ABC News story).

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »
I'm sure killing more people and waging more war will resolve this crisis; it has worked so well in the past.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline pjohns

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:10 am »
Sadly, President Obama's speech today, as regarding the savage execution of James Foley, was milquetoast.

In a nod to multilateralism, he articulated his desire for a "common effort" with America's allies to stop ISIS--albeit with no specific vision. 

He declared that the terror group that beheaded an American journalist "has no place in the twenty-first century," as if his merely saying as much made it so.

He described ISIS's ideology as "bankrupt," as if that means that it could not possibly do much more harm.  (Some of us would assert that the Nazis' ideology was similarly bankrupt; but that did not prevent the Nazis from murdering upwards of six million innocents between 1939 and 1945.)

Oh, and he declared that ISIS (or ISIL) is destined to "fail," because--wait for the platitude--"the world is won by those who build and not destroy, and the world is shaped by people like Jim Foley."   

On the plus side, American airstrikes continued in northern Iraq today.  I have heard it reported, variously, that there were either 14 or 15 such airstrikes; which is roughly double the typical amount.  And that is a very good thing.

But I do believe that perception is very important; especially among a people who believe in the significance of the "strong horse," vis-à-vis the "weak horse."  So I would have much preferred that president Obama had pledged to ensure that ISIS will be utterly crushed, by whatever means necessary--not merely contained, or rolled back, but crushed--however, regrettably, he said no such thing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 01:09:52 am »
So I would have much preferred that president Obama had pledged to ensure that ISIS will be utterly crushed, by whatever means necessary--not merely contained, or rolled back, but crushed--however, regrettably, he said no such thing.
Of course.   **nononono*

Offline Carling

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It is appalling.  He's not going to let anything interfere with that vacation!  He has done untold damage to our country, I really do not know if we can pull ourselves out of it. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online GourmetDan

It is appalling.  He's not going to let anything interfere with that vacation!  He has done untold damage to our country...

He's Gumby dammit!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:17:26 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »
Obama's Use of ISIL, Not ISIS, Tells Another Story
 Liz PeekMonday, June 23, 2014 - 5:15am
Excerpt from Financial Times; click on link for entire article
There has been little notice of the president’s insistent use of the acronym “ISIL” to describe the Sunni forces currently rampaging across Iraq, executing Iraqi military and creating a new massive refugee population in an already unstable area.

With the exception of Reuters and now the Associated Press, most news organizations have not referred to ISIL until President Obama began using the term, which stands for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. But when Obama used the term 5 times on June13, and 16 times in his commencement speech at West Point on June 19th, he was using his bully pulpit to make a point.

Most, like this publication, continue to use the widely accepted acronym ISIS, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or al-Sham, but both describe the same murderous organization. The difference is that the Levant describes a territory far greater than simply Iraq and Syria.  It’s defined as this: The Levant today consists of the island of Cyprus, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and part of southern Turkey.

Why would Obama prefer ISIL? An “army” of that territorial magnitude takes the focus off the two countries that many believe define Obama’s continued failure in the Middle East. Most likely, he would rather eliminate the connection between the chaos in Iraq with his inaction in Syria. Better that the upheaval in a country to which we committed so much blood and treasure remain the fault of George W. Bush. The president has already been tarred with having failed to secure a Status of Forces deal with Prime Minister al-Maliki, which would have allowed a contingent of American troops to stay in Iraq.   ...

See also "Did Obama Imply that Israel is an Islamic State by Using the Term ‘ISIL?’"