Author Topic: Missing American Journalist James Foley Reportedly Beheaded By ISIS  (Read 2619 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Missing American Journalist James Foley Reportedly Beheaded By ISIS
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 04:37:41 am »
Regrettably, the intelligentsia in postmodern America believe that there is no such thing as evil; just different points of view, and people who are, well, merely misunderstood.

As long as our country is in the grip of this milquetoast attitude, it will be exceedingly difficult to defeat evil--or even to confront it meaningfully.

We're running out of time.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline pjohns

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 06:28:20 am »
We're running out of time.   

Sadly, you are correct about this.

And even if the next administration is a Republican one--and, more importantly, a conservative one--it will not take effect for another 29 months; in which time, ISIS (or whatever it is calling itself nowadays), Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups will have continued to advance, while President Obama soothingly assures us that "core" al-Qaeda has been utterly devastated...

rangerrebew

Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

James Foley Went Looking to Support Terrorists in Syria, Instead They Cut Off His Head

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On August 19, 2014 @ 10:27 pm In The Point | 116 Comments

James Foley was one of a new breed of activists calling themselves journalists. He didn’t travel to report on a story, but to promote an agenda. And the agenda was obvious from his Twitter feed.

Any human life lost is tragic, but a moral individual would have much more empathy for the Syrian Christians who suffered at the hands of Foley’s favorite Jihadists than one of their pet propagandists.

Foley came to Syria to support the Sunni Islamist rebels against the Syrian government.

He cheered on the Sunni Muslim terrorists fighting to ethnically cleanse the Christians of Aleppo. In the conflict between Israel and Hamas, his tweets and retweets were chock full of pro-terrorist propaganda.

But Foley ran afoul of at least some of the Sunni Jihadists in Syria. His twitter feed was filled with references to the FSA. And the FSA was going to be eclipsed by the Al Qaeda affiliates. And that was where he ended up.

When Austin Tice, an actual freelance journalist was kidnapped by Jihadists, Foley ridiculed the idea that Jihadists had kidnapped him. Surely Syrian Jihadists wouldn’t do that sort of thing.

Except they did.

When Newsweek’s Muslim Rage cover story came out, Foley mocked it too. Raging Muslims. How silly and Islamophobic.

Foley was fanatically anti-Israel and was even willing to echo Iranian propaganda.

So the wrong term. He also had strong thoughts on Romney.

It turned out that he didn’t have to worry about gun violence after all.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/james-foley-went-looking-to-support-terrorists-in-syria-instead-they-cut-off-his-head/

Offline olde north church

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »
I'm going to interject a little reality here and then ask you a question.

Nothing  - and I do mean nothing - is going to be settled in the Middle East until Iran is forcefully dealt with!

Now for the question.

Do you know where Obama's chief of staff is from or who she is?

The problem is NOT Iran.  The problem is the United States.  The political "leadership" and the population at large.
When more people vote for who's got talent, than for President, that is a problem.  When groups vote against their best interests, Jews, that is a problem.  When more people are not concerned enough to stop subsidizing bad behavior, that is the problem.
This is Rome.  Hitch up you toga.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »
The problem is NOT Iran.  The problem is the United States.  The political "leadership" and the population at large.
When more people vote for who's got talent, than for President, that is a problem.  When groups vote against their best interests, Jews, that is a problem.  When more people are not concerned enough to stop subsidizing bad behavior, that is the problem.

Yep! And exactly why Iran has not been, and likely will not be, dealt with before it is to late..
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 12:37:22 pm »

Yep. That same despair and cynicism been creeping up on me a number of years now – 5.5, to be exact.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 04:51:59 pm »
I kind of fancy the idea of a bacon grease inferno.

Yes, you have to fight this on the psychological-level... unless you just want to keep killing till there's nobody left.

Those are the only two options, IMO (other than being defeated)...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 08:04:14 pm »
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/james-foley-went-looking-to-support-terrorists-in-syria-instead-they-cut-off-his-head/

Wow.  I wonder if he backed off that 'Islamophobic' stuff while he was in captivity?

How sad it is that he is dead, most likely because he was deluded.

I hope others learn from it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 05:27:09 am »
If they want to act like they still live in the First Century, I say we accommodate them. Why should we wait for the enemy to strike first with an EMP? And that would be just ACT I. 

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn