Author Topic: Fox’s Outnumbered Hosts Explode at Geraldo for ‘Irresponsible’ Ferguson Comments  (Read 1003 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-outnumbered-hosts-explode-at-geraldo-for-irresponsible-ferguson-comments/

Fox’s Outnumbered Hosts Explode at Geraldo for ‘Irresponsible’ Ferguson Comments
by Evan McMurry | 12:35 pm, August 19th, 2014

Geraldo Rivera wasted no time Tuesday afternoon lighting dynamite under an Outnumbered panel and setting the thing off. The fuse: his conviction that the indictment of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson would be racially tinged, much like the trial of George Zimmerman.

“I’ll tell you what will happen: they’ll have a trial, white jurors will see it one way and the black jurors another,” Rivera said. “The white jurors will look at that convenience store surveillance tape. They will see Michael Brown menacing that clerk. The white jurors will put themselves in the shoes of that clerk. They’ll say, of course the officer responded the way he did; he was menaced by a 6′ 4″, 300 pound kid 10 minutes fresh from a strong armed robbery. The white jurors will put themselves in the white officers’ place. The black jurors will see Michael Brown despite his flaws as the surrogate for every black youngster.”

Host Harris Faulkner called his comments “poor-sighted, shortsighted, and just not true.”

“This is more than a racial issue,” she said. “For you to pick off the low-hanging fruit is offensive and it insights more of it to go on. It’s irresponsible.”

“People see things through the most egregious issue we have domestically, which is race,” Rivera replied. “They will choose sides based on race. I see it clear as day and to accuse me of being simplistic defies the reality of American justice.”

“I didn’t sit here to be helpful,” Rivera said over further objections. “I sat here to be truthful. Let me tell you one other thing about these thirty-one people that were arrested [last night]. How many really want justice for Michael Brown? When you’re looting a liquor store, are you really looting the liquor store for the sneaker store for justice? That is because these people are opportunists.”

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

“People see things through the most egregious issue we have domestically, which is race,” Rivera replied. “They will choose sides based on race. I see it clear as day and to accuse me of being simplistic defies the reality of American justice.”

No Geraldo, 'they' won't choose sides based on race. 

Racists will choose sides based on race but to imply that everyone will do so is simply projecting your racism onto everyone else...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

Not sure why anyone bothers with Fox food fights. But, then, I clicked on this thread, didn't I?  :chairbang:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No Geraldo, 'they' won't choose sides based on race. 

Racists will choose sides based on race but to imply that everyone will do so is simply projecting your racism onto everyone else...

Well said! And absolutely true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I see nothing wrong with Rivera's remarks above.

Of course it's impolite to say so, but today almost everything is "seen differently" from the opposite sides of the "racial prism".

Indeed, it is a "prism" insofar as race is concerned.

Shine one scenario of events through the racial prism, and "white perceptions" will emanate from one side, and "black perceptions" will emanate from the other -- in effect, emerging as "separate truths".

In such a trial, one set of facts will produce "white truth" amongst white jurors, and "black truth" amongst the blacks.

Of course, the good members of the GOP Briefing Room would like to believe that they're above such gritty reality.

But the reality of race today is what it is.
It is not what we "believe it to be".

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
These are the same bimbos who said that women prefer bad, dangerous men and men who treat women with respect need to go away.

And Geraldo is and always will be a moron.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline aligncare

I see nothing wrong with Rivera's remarks above.

Of course it's impolite to say so, but today almost everything is "seen differently" from the opposite sides of the "racial prism".

Indeed, it is a "prism" insofar as race is concerned.

Shine one scenario of events through the racial prism, and "white perceptions" will emanate from one side, and "black perceptions" will emanate from the other -- in effect, emerging as "separate truths".

In such a trial, one set of facts will produce "white truth" amongst white jurors, and "black truth" amongst the blacks.

Of course, the good members of the GOP Briefing Room would like to believe that they're above such gritty reality.

But the reality of race today is what it is.
It is not what we "believe it to be".

All men are created equal. But, cultures are not. They're different and unique. That's why there is a Little Italy, a Chinatown, German-town, Spanish Harlem etc., and similar enclaves in countries around the world. We simply are comfortable with our own.

Thus I reluctantly agree with Geraldo (as much as that pains me).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:58:33 am by aligncare »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote above:
[[ All men are created equal...]]

You have swallowed Jefferson's rhetoric. It was a magnanimous and noble notion, embodying the spirit of The Enlightenment, but it has no basis in reality.

And, once again, I will repeat what Ayn Rand once said:
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality"

Once, more we are witnessing the consequences of evading reality in Ferguson, Missouri...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:03:34 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Politics4us

Why does Fox News have on hosts like her?

Offline GourmetDan

Why does Fox News have on hosts like her?

Because they're 'fair and balanced'...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

The difference is that we are trying to be objective and fact-based, not declaring that everyone is subjective based on race and regardless of the facts.

To me, that's a big difference...