Author Topic:  (Read 577 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Not sure why anyone bothers with Fox food fights. But, then, I clicked on this thread, didn't I?  :chairbang:

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 03:36:41 PM »
No Geraldo, 'they' won't choose sides based on race. 

Racists will choose sides based on race but to imply that everyone will do so is simply projecting your racism onto everyone else...

Well said! And absolutely true!

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
I see nothing wrong with Rivera's remarks above.

Of course it's impolite to say so, but today almost everything is "seen differently" from the opposite sides of the "racial prism".

Indeed, it is a "prism" insofar as race is concerned.

Shine one scenario of events through the racial prism, and "white perceptions" will emanate from one side, and "black perceptions" will emanate from the other -- in effect, emerging as "separate truths".

In such a trial, one set of facts will produce "white truth" amongst white jurors, and "black truth" amongst the blacks.

Of course, the good members of the GOP Briefing Room would like to believe that they're above such gritty reality.

But the reality of race today is what it is.
It is not what we "believe it to be".

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
These are the same bimbos who said that women prefer bad, dangerous men and men who treat women with respect need to go away.

And Geraldo is and always will be a moron.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online aligncare

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »
I see nothing wrong with Rivera's remarks above.

Of course it's impolite to say so, but today almost everything is "seen differently" from the opposite sides of the "racial prism".

Indeed, it is a "prism" insofar as race is concerned.

Shine one scenario of events through the racial prism, and "white perceptions" will emanate from one side, and "black perceptions" will emanate from the other -- in effect, emerging as "separate truths".

In such a trial, one set of facts will produce "white truth" amongst white jurors, and "black truth" amongst the blacks.

Of course, the good members of the GOP Briefing Room would like to believe that they're above such gritty reality.

But the reality of race today is what it is.
It is not what we "believe it to be".

All men are created equal. But, cultures are not. They're different and unique. That's why there is a Little Italy, a Chinatown, German-town, Spanish Harlem etc., and similar enclaves in countries around the world. We simply are comfortable with our own.

Thus I reluctantly agree with Geraldo (as much as that pains me).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:58:33 PM by aligncare »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ All men are created equal...]]

You have swallowed Jefferson's rhetoric. It was a magnanimous and noble notion, embodying the spirit of The Enlightenment, but it has no basis in reality.

And, once again, I will repeat what Ayn Rand once said:
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality"

Once, more we are witnessing the consequences of evading reality in Ferguson, Missouri...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:03:34 PM by Fishrrman »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
Why does Fox News have on hosts like her?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 09:26:44 AM »
Why does Fox News have on hosts like her?

Because they're 'fair and balanced'...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »

The difference is that we are trying to be objective and fact-based, not declaring that everyone is subjective based on race and regardless of the facts.

To me, that's a big difference...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf