Author Topic: Sharpton: 'There's A Difference Between Robbing And Shoplifting'  (Read 1518 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/sharpton-theres-difference-between-robbing-and-shoplifting

n an unabashedly self-referential speech to supporters in Ferguson, MO Sunday, activist and MSNBC news host Al Sharpton pulled out his best James Brown and shouted for justice in the name of Michael Brown.

To the screams of approval of hundreds at a "Unity Rally" at the Greater Grace Church in Ferguson, Sharpton discussed the video released by police showing an alleged "strong arm robbery" conducted by Michael Brown moments before his confrontation with Officer Darren Wilson that led to his death. "There's a difference between robbing and shoplifting," Sharpton proclaimed to a standing ovation of screams and cheers by the capacity crowd.

"I'm no drive-by activist. We'll be here until justice is achieved," Sharpton promised.

"I know they're gonna smear Michael, they may even try to smear the parents," Sharpton said, before turning the attention to himself and the explosive video of the robbery.

"They're gonna call me names. But, I come from Brooklyn, a section called 'do or die, Bed Stuy.' I've been in the movement since I was a teenager... In all of my life I've never seen anything more despicable than while this mother and this father and the families haven't even had the time to bury their son, the police chief would release a tape trying to disparage his name. While his momma's still weeping, while the family hasn't even laid him to rest. How can the young folk of the city believe in a system that would try to spit on the name and character of a young man who hasn't even be buried?"

"The tape I saw," Sharpton continued. "A young man who may have been shoplifting. There's a difference between robbing and shoplifting. "

Offline flowers

Re: Sharpton: 'There's A Difference Between Robbing And Shoplifting'
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:21 pm »
 :thud:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
LMAO.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:43:46 pm »
"... they may even try to smear the parents," Sharpton said..."

Apparently the parents have criminal records.  This is just like prison, where everybody is innocent...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 04:56:08 pm »
Al,

And there's a difference between sharing information and being a Rat, and advocating for someone [Brawley], and lying your fat ass off. You ain't real good at 'differences'.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:28:43 pm »
There is an appropriate emoticon for this, and I'd post it, but Oceander stole it.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:11 pm »
When you use physical force against a store employee,you have gone from shoplifting to first degree, if not strong arm robbery.

And as for smearing, when you are a known gang member you done a good job smearing yourself.

Brown a gangbamger - photos of him using gans signs.

http://patdollard.com/2014/08/meet-the-real-michael-brown-violent-gun-toting-gangbanger/
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 05:48:54 pm »
Apparently the parents have criminal records.  This is just like prison, where everybody is innocent...

Where is your evidence for that?  You've been making off-the-wall statements since this whole thing started, and this is the biggest bunch of bullshit you've put up yet.

Let's see the evidence.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 06:04:01 pm »
When you use physical force against a store employee,you have gone from shoplifting to first degree, if not strong arm robbery.

And as for smearing, when you are a known gang member you done a good job smearing yourself.

Brown a gangbamger - photos of him using gans signs.

http://patdollard.com/2014/08/meet-the-real-michael-brown-violent-gun-toting-gangbanger/

Well, at least the media is acknowledging who and what Brown was. Remember with Trayvon they kept trying to pass him off as a little kid, complete with the press using a picture of him when he was 8 years old.

BTW, I have never seen Sharpton and Holder happier. They are loving this whole thing and will do everything they can to keep it going for as long as possible. And the bloodier it gets the better, from their point of view. Black activists live on discontent and anger. They love it. They eat it. It is their livelihood.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 07:49:58 pm »
There is also a difference between being a man of God and pretending to be. :tongue2:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 07:52:27 pm »
Community Organizer is just an upmarket description of an Agitator.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:11 pm »
Community Organizer is just an upmarket description of an Agitator.

Do you mean a person who leads riots from behind? :whistle:

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:17 pm »
Where is your evidence for that?  You've been making off-the-wall statements since this whole thing started, and this is the biggest bunch of bullshit you've put up yet.

Let's see the evidence.

relax.  profanity doesn't make your comments any more insightful.

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:26 pm »
'There's A Difference Between Robbing And Shoplifting'

The difference is, when you rob a store, you use physical force, or the threat of physical force, to steal.  With shoplifting, you don't assault anyone.   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »
There is an appropriate emoticon for this, and I'd post it, but Oceander stole it.

you mean this:  :facepalm2:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »
Do you mean a person who leads riots from behind? :whistle:
Precisely.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 08:13:58 pm »

It's not a comment.  It's a request for evidence for a nonsensical assertion. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 04:21:26 pm »

Well, at least the media is acknowledging who and what Brown was. Remember with Trayvon they kept trying to pass him off as a little kid, complete with the press using a picture of him when he was 8 years old.

BTW, I have never seen Sharpton and Holder happier. They are loving this whole thing and will do everything they can to keep it going for as long as possible. And the bloodier it gets the better, from their point of view. Black activists live on discontent and anger. They love it. They eat it. It is their livelihood.
You are so right. I watched some of the memorial service with Sharpton talking, boy he was on his game. I don't think he was using a teleprompter either, I couldn't tell. Then again couldn't watch much of it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 04:29:22 pm »

It also doesn't make his question any less valid.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »
It's not a comment.  It's a request for evidence for a nonsensical assertion.

OK, where is the "evidence", that Brown had his hands up when shot?  You stated on another thread, the we have evidence.   A couple of "supposed witnessess" who all we know may be just  agreeing with each other, is not evidence, It is a witness statement, and nothing more until under oath, and then it becomes sworn testomony.   If so, then any case where Bigfoot was seen by more than one person at a sighting - that is evidence he exist.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:49:53 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 06:49:00 pm »

Well, at least the media is acknowledging who and what Brown was. .

Not sure we are there yet. As late as last night they were still calling him "the unarmed  teenager bound for college". 

You know, I don't remember one story mentioning what college he was going to and what he was majoring in. So how do we know if that part of the story is even true?   With his gang ties, strong arm robbery, he sure isn't following the path of any enspireing college kid I ever met. 

rangerrebew

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 01:37:25 pm »
Not sure we are there yet. As late as last night they were still calling him "the unarmed  teenager bound for college". 

You know, I don't remember one story mentioning what college he was going to and what he was majoring in. So how do we know if that part of the story is even true?   With his gang ties, strong arm robbery, he sure isn't following the path of any enspireing college kid I ever met.

College bound like Trayvon's brilliant lady friend - in the mind of the media?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:37:47 pm by rangerrebew »