Author Topic: Autopsy reveals Michael Brown was shot SIX times in the front of the body by police officer Darren Wilson  (Read 2582 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

I'll have you know that my observations are always well-reasoned and balanced!   :silly:

Well...let's not push the envelope... :pondering:   :beer:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline sinkspur

Let's assume you are right.  Why would the cop be scared out of his mind?  At least here you are acknowledging that the cop may have been acting out of fear rather than malice.  So why should he be scared?  Maybe a big, bruising black man who was closer to 300 pounds than 200 was barreling down at him?  If it happened to you would you just shoot once?

I never thought the cop acted out of malice.  I always thought this was a case of a cop who likely had never fired his weapon in a situation he couldn't handle, got scared, and couldn't think of any other way to deal with the situation than to dump his gun into Brown.  In this case, it was the cop who stood his ground, rather than run back to his cruiser and wait for back-up.

Never murder, but possible manslaughter.  Or, as is likely, he'll be cleared as he was in "fear for his life." 

But he should never be allowed to carry a gun again.

I've seen it in these dog situations.  A cop in a fenced-in yard with a barking dog never thinks to back out of the yard.  He just stands there and shoots the dog.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:57:19 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
How many seconds does it take to fire off a minimum of six shots with a semi-automatic weapon?

Two?  Three? 

Probably not more than that.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two of the gunshot wounds were graze wounds, Baden said Monday, and two may have been reentry wounds.
Baden said he performed the autopsy at a local funeral home after Brown’s body had been embalmed, so he was unable to collect blood samples for toxicology screening -- something that was done during the initial autopsy by the St. Louis County Medical Examiner.
The forensic expert said he is awaiting the results of that screening, which could take several weeks. He also plans to review Brown’s clothing and X-rays taken of Brown’s body before the initial autopsy was performed.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-michael-brown-autopsy-20140818-story.html#page=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Or, it could also suggest that the cop was scared out of his mind and was unloading his magazine into Brown. Cops are notoriously lousy shots and are not taught to fire non-lethally.  Even in CCL class, one is taught to fire at body mass, the torso.  Cops don't shoot to wound.

There is no "they" when it comes to the LEO.  There was one officer shooting, Darren Wilson.  There were no other cops on the scene.

Cops generally walk around with half-empty clips in their guns?

Oceander

How many seconds does it take to fire off a minimum of six shots with a semi-automatic weapon?

Two?  Three? 

Probably not more than that.   :shrug:

As fast as you can squeeze and release, squeeze and release.

Oceander

Two of the gunshot wounds were graze wounds, Baden said Monday, and two may have been reentry wounds.
Baden said he performed the autopsy at a local funeral home after Brown’s body had been embalmed, so he was unable to collect blood samples for toxicology screening -- something that was done during the initial autopsy by the St. Louis County Medical Examiner.
The forensic expert said he is awaiting the results of that screening, which could take several weeks. He also plans to review Brown’s clothing and X-rays taken of Brown’s body before the initial autopsy was performed.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-michael-brown-autopsy-20140818-story.html#page=1

So that would put the number of rounds at 4 to 6.

Offline Carling

Never murder, but possible manslaughter.  Or, as is likely, he'll be cleared as he was in "fear for his life." 

:nono:

You mentioned in another post that second degree murder charges should be an option.  Back when you said "the facts are known."
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So that would put the number of rounds at 4 to 6.

Baden thinks 6..he's on the air right now with Sean
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

County autopsy: Michael Brown shot 6 times from front, had marijuana in system

Forensic pathologists and an attorney for the Brown family say a private autopsy confirms witness accounts that Michael Brown was shot at least six times. (AP)

By Emily Wax-Thibodeaux, DeNeen L. Brown and Jerry Markon August 18 at 1:51 PM      

FERGUSON, Mo. — An unarmed black teenager had marijuana in his system when he was fatally shot six times by a white police officer, two people familiar with the official county autopsy of Michael Brown said Monday.

The autopsy by St. Louis County chief medical examiner Mary Case, released to state prosecutors late Friday, found that Brown, 18, had six gunshot wounds to the head and chest and was shot from the front, the people said. They spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of Brown’s death, which has triggered violent protests in this St. Louis suburb that continued Sunday night.

In a brief interview with The Washington Post, Case declined to comment on specifics of her examination of Brown’s body but said she welcomes the two other autopsies being performed. One was done Sunday by forensic pathologists Michael Baden and Shawn Parcells, and Case said the second — ordered on Sunday by Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. — will be done by Pentagon medical examiners.

“I welcome anyone who wants to do additional autopsies,’’ Case said. “Michael is someone I know and think highly of, and I think highly of the Armed Forces also. I’m not upset at all. This is highly controversial case, and it’s good that everyone interested in it can have a say.”

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Brown’s family, said Case’s results “sound consistent” with Baden’s highly publicized autopsy, but Crump said he was unaware of any marijuana in Brown’s system. Baden also concluded that Brown was shot at least six times, according to a preliminary report on an autopsy he and Parcells performed Sunday at a funeral home in Ferguson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/official-autopsy-michael-brown-had-marijuana-in-his-system-was-shot-6-times/2014/08/18/8c016ef8-26f4-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html?hpid=z1
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:52:54 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Can Attorney "General" Holder influence the Pentagon? Can CinC Obama influence the Pentagon?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As fast as you can squeeze and release, squeeze and release.

Why would you have to "release", if the weapon is semi-automatic?

Wouldn't the clip empty if you just held the "squeeze"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

Huh?  A semi-auto reloads the chamber, but the trigger must be pulled for each shot fired. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

Because short arms like this are 99.9% semi-automatic.  The "automatic" part is that they automatically reload until the clip is empty.  The "semi" part is that they only fire once for each pull on the trigger.  There used to be some machine pistols around, but they are ungodly hard to control and I don't think any cop would ever be allowed to carry one as his or her ordinary service piece.

Offline Charlespg

Or, it could also suggest that the cop was scared out of his mind and was unloading his magazine into Brown. Cops are notoriously lousy shots and are not taught to fire non-lethally.  Even in CCL class, one is taught to fire at body mass, the torso.  Cops don't shoot to wound.

There is no "they" when it comes to the LEO.  There was one officer shooting, Darren Wilson.  There were no other cops on the scene.
If a 300 guy charges me  I'm going to unload on him till drops
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

:th_10444:
Cops generally walk around with half-empty clips in their guns?

WHere'd you get that?  There was a shot in the police car, or so some reports say.

Oceander

:th_10444:
WHere'd you get that?  There was a shot in the police car, or so some reports say.

6 to 8 rounds doesn't generally an empty clip make.

Offline sinkspur

You wouldn't have to if you knew where to shoot. Cops are notoriously bad shots, as can be seen in this case.

Oceander

You wouldn't have to if you knew where to shoot. Cops are notoriously bad shots, as can be seen in this case.

Not so.  People don't generally get blown backwards when hit with bullets; that's just in the movies, with wires.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

I'd have to do the same thing, especially if my vision was impaired by having been hit in the face at least once already.  (I don't know for sure that Wilson was hit in the face already but the reports make it seem likely.)  I'm not a big guy and against a charging and surely enraged 300 pounder, I wouldn't stand a chance except to run.  Run?  And leave my vehicle behind for the aforementioned 300 pounder to jump in & run me down?

Things are not always as simple as they seem.  This is especially true when we don't know all of the facts and some of the facts we know turn out not to be factual.  :-)

My suspicion at this point?  This case will turn out to be a lot more like the TM case than some people would like.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline MACVSOG68

A couple of quick points.  First, in general, when the weapon is drawn, "winging" someone is a stupid idea.  The gunshot pattern could show that Wilson is a bad shot.  OTOH it could also show that Brown moved to his left while charging the cop and was fast enough to evade the proper shots into the center of mass.  Then he could have kept going, given his size and substance in his body, lowered his head and continued the charge.  That could explain the head shot.

But it's just one explanation.  The anti-police folks here might be correct.  Unfortunately, this has moved into the political arena, and the truth may never be known.

Offline sinkspur

Not so.  People don't generally get blown backwards when hit with bullets; that's just in the movies, with wires.

Four shots in the arm is NOT a sign of an accurate shooter.  Cops are not taught to wound; that's also a fantasy that's only seen in the movies.  They are taught to hit center mass, and the fact that not one of Wilson's shots hit center mass indicates he hasn't been at the range in a while.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
Four shots in the arm is NOT a sign of an accurate shooter.  Cops are not taught to wound; that's also a fantasy that's only seen in the movies.  They are taught to hit center mass, and the fact that not one of Wilson's shots hit center mass indicates he hasn't been at the range in a while.

From what I understand, this officer had a clean record and may not have ever before been in a situation even remotely like this one.  I can imagine that a person who is a crack shot on the range could be greatly affected by the adrenaline which accompanies a scene where great bodily harm is probable if he is unable to somehow stop a suspect from getting to him a second time.  It's hard to stage a practice session at the range and include all of the factors, including the adrenaline, which are present in a confrontation like the one in question.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline MACVSOG68

I agree but if Brown was moving quickly to the left, Wilson's center shot pattern might well have been on Brown's right side.  We probably should wait for all the evidence to determine the causes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We probably should wait for all the evidence to determine the causes.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien