Author Topic: Schieffer: I Don't Care How Many Times You Say bin Laden Is Dead, Terrorism Is Alive  (Read 457 times)

rangerrebew

Posted on August 17, 2014

Schieffer: I Don't Care How Many Times You Say bin Laden Is Dead, Terrorism Is Alive

BOB SCHIEFFER, CBS NEWS: Call this a minority report, but I disagree with most of the pundits who thought Hillary Clinton stumbled last week when she criticized the president's foreign policy and then said she wasn't really criticizing it.

Of course she was. But I thought her point was valid. Around the White House, they have been saying the crux of the president's policy is, don't do stupid stuff. Her words: "Great nations need organizing principles. Don't do stupid stuff is not an organizing principle."

That really irked the president's people, but far more significant to me was what she said deeper in the interview, when she said: "What is needed is an overarching strategy to contain, deter, and defeat jihadist terrorism, a strategy much like strategy we employed to eventually defeat the Soviet Union during the Cold War."

I think she's got that right. And I think the president benefits from hearing it from someone in his own party. I don't care how many times you say Osama bin Laden is dead. Terror remains alive and a threat to the United States. What we need to be talking about is how to combat and defeat it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/17/schieffer_i_dont_care_how_many_times_you_say_bin_laden_is_dead_terrorism_is_alive.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:22:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

If we really wanted to win the 'war on terrorism', we would fight it on the psychological-level and it would stop real quick...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

Yes, terrorism is alive and well, and it's old fools like Schieffer that have propped this Obama clown up for almost 6 years that are responsible.

Damn you Mr. Schieffer and everyone like you.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GourmetDan wrote above:
[[ If we really wanted to win the 'war on terrorism', we would fight it on the psychological-level and it would stop real quick...]]

The "war" in which we are engaged doesn't really have to do with "terrorism".

Yes, terrorism is a tactic, but the war cannot be won by simply killing "terrorists".

It is something else which must be destroyed, if this war is to be "won".

Can you guess what it might be ??

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Islamic Fundamentalism.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

The POTUS has declared there are no terrorists - except domestic ones.  They are to be called "makers of mischief." :3: