Author Topic: Granderson on Ferguson: Black Community Does Disservice To Itself By Allowing "Charlatans" To Come In  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

Posted on August 17, 2014

Granderson on Ferguson: Black Community Does Disservice To Itself By Allowing "Charlatans" To Come In

L.Z. GRANDERSON: I think the - I think the black community does a disservice to itself when it allows charlatans to come into these situations, make a name for themselves and then evacuate the situation. Now, I could drop names but I think we all know who I'm talking about, and when for instance --

GUEST: Sounds like harpton?

GRANDERSON: The situation in Duke, for instance, with the Lacrosse players, we rushed in. We automatically assumed that the black woman was right and that all these white males on the Lacrosse team were wrong. We found out that she was lying, there was no apology, there was no recognition of the lie. We just moved on, and that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

On the flipside when you have something blatantly racist going on, for instance what happened with Trayvon Martin and white people just want to move on and say, well, it's a tragic situation, no, acknowledge it, because if you acknowledge it, that means you understand me and you hear me and then I can believe that you're for me.

Offline GourmetDan

On the flipside when you have something blatantly racist going on, for instance what happened with Trayvon Martin...

TM attacking an armed citizen is the flipside to a stripper lying about rape?

Sheesh...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan