Author Topic: Congressman Wants to Ban Sale of Enhanced Body Armor to Civilians  (Read 453 times)

rangerrebew

Congressman Wants to Ban Sale of Enhanced Body Armor to Civilians

9 August 2014 / 437 Comments

Rep. Mike Honda, (D-CA), has submitted a bill to the U.S. House that would prohibit the sale, use or possession of what he terms military-grade body armor.

Honda reasons that this measure would aid law enforcement in taking out an active shooter, since the active shooter wouldn’t be able to obtain body armor.

“There is no reason this type of armor, which is designed for warfare, should be available in our communities except for those who need it, like law enforcement,” Honda said in a statement last week. “There’s nothing more dangerous than what a well-armored, unstoppable active shooter can do. This bill is common-sense and long overdue.”

Honda’s bill, H.R. 5344, The Responsible Body Armor Possession Act, would place a ban on what it terms ‘enhanced body armor.’ This type of armor as referenced in the bill’s language would include any wearable armor including helmets or shields that offer a ballistic protection of Type III or above as determined using National Institute of Justice Standard–0101.06. The only exceptions to the prohibition would be for law enforcement, military and government agencies.

Read More:  http://www.guns.com/

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2014/08/congressman-wants-ban-sale-enhanced-body-armor-civilians/#HHqvrVacAV7XkkK8.99

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Congressman Wants to Ban Sale of Enhanced Body Armor to Civilians
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 11:58:53 pm »
“There is no reason this type of armor, which is designed for warfare, should be available in our communities except for those who need it, like law enforcement,”~

Uh-huh.............I guess it would give the serfs an unfair advantage.
I seem to recall a similar law being passed around 10 years ago.

Anyhow.....I GOT MINE!   13859
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 12:31:14 am »
Uh-huh.............I guess it would give the serfs an unfair advantage.
I seem to recall a similar law being passed around 10 years ago.

Anyhow.....I GOT MINE!   13859

Amazing how some things get lost in your kit bag, isn't it.  :silly:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:30:43 am »
anything that disarms or nueters a citizen is 'common sense' to a CA leftie

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »
Amazing how some things get lost in your kit bag, isn't it.  :silly:
Actually, it was from my 'terp. She gave it to me before she left so she wouldn't have so much weight to carry. I turned in the garbage I was issued.   :tongue2:
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »
Actually, it was from my 'terp. She gave it to me before she left so she wouldn't have so much weight to carry. I turned in the garbage I was issued.   :tongue2:

Turning in kit. Must be some strange rite performed by the American tribes.  :tongue2:

Though you'd love our body armor. Pretty bog standard overlapping ceramide AB plates in pouches front and back, but there is titanium chain mail quilted between two layers of Kevlar on the sides of the torso. A simple fix you'd think they'd have come up with on their own. You can still lose an arm or a leg, but body shots don't even phase you, apart from the jump and the cursing - that shit gets hot fast when it gets hit and you will take damage, but not bleeding out level damage. It's pretty hot anyway, but it's worth the bit of extra heat and weight.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink