Author Topic: Missouri Governor: Police 'Attempting to Besmirch' Mike Brown  (Read 1833 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Missouri Governor: Police 'Attempting to Besmirch' Mike Brown
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/08/17/Gov-Nixon-Brown-besmirched-by-police

on Breitbart TV 17 Aug 2014, 8:42 AM PDT

video at link

Sunday on CBS's "Face The Nation," Gov. Jay Nixon (D-MO) said the local police "attempting to besmirch a victim of a shooting" by releasing a video of Michael Brown allegedly engaging in a "strong-arm" convenience store robbery.

"I think it had an incendiary effect," Nixon said. "I mean, when you release picture and you clearly are attempting to besmirch a victim of a shooting, shot down in his own street, a young man and at the same time you’re releasing information to try to make it, to tarnish him, then properly, there was a lot of folks that were concerned about that, and I do think it flamed it back up and has caused us to have to deal with some of that."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:06:22 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Missouri Governor: Police 'Attempting to Besmirch' Mike Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »
Sheeeesh!...I would think a Governor would stand with a police department until the evidence proves they were at fault......typical Dem response..support the perp!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:16 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 07:31:58 pm »
It's the timing that's suspect.  The chief obviously did not want to release the cop's name, so, in his state of being pissed-off, he throws this video out there at the  same time.

OF COURSE he was trying to besmirch Brown.  He'd been sitting on the video for six days, and says he released it "because the media asked for it."  What a load of bull.

He released it to trash Brown and protect Wilson.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 07:35:44 pm »
It's the timing that's suspect.  The chief obviously did not want to release the cop's name, so, in his state of being pissed-off, he throws this video out there at the  same time.

OF COURSE he was trying to besmirch Brown.  He'd been sitting on the video for six days, and says he released it "because the media asked for it."  What a load of bull.

Of course you support the thug.  You'd be cheering if he had beaten the cop to death.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 07:37:00 pm »

So what....maybe the chief had just about enough listening to their narrative of the innocent gentle giant..I don't blame him in the least especially since the giant and his buddies had criminal records.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 08:03:28 pm »
Of course you support the thug.  You'd be cheering if he had beaten the cop to death.

I'm putting you on ignore. You contribute nothing to the discussion. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »
So what....maybe the chief had just about enough listening to their narrative of the innocent gentle giant..I don't blame him in the least especially since the giant and his buddies had criminal records.

So you admit the chief did it to besmirch Brown, exactly what the governor said.   This chief Jackson should take disability and retire. He has screwed up every single thing he's done.  To have control of a situation in your town taken away from you shows how incompetent he is.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »
I admit to nothing...just saying what I would do in this case..besides I don't consider it besmirching...I call it letting all the facts out in the case so people have the whole truth about their lovable silly gentle giant
Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »
Sheeeesh!...I would think a Governor would stand with a police department until the evidence proves they were at fault......typical Dem response..support the perp!

The only way liberals know how to quiet mobs made up of their own constituents is to enable them by reinforcing their own points-of-view, no matter how convoluted.  If that was an anti-immigration mob out there I doubt Nixon would be so accommodating.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 08:13:12 pm »
I admit to nothing...just saying what I would do in this case..besides I don't consider it besmirching...I call it letting all the facts out in the case so people have the whole truth about their lovable silly gentle giant

It's a real stretch to think Jackson wasn't trying to drag Brown through the mud as he releases the video at the very same news conference at which he released Darren Wilson's name.

Wilson may very well get cleared but he will never be able to work in Ferguson or anywhere nearby again. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »
Isn't this the same guy that was doing a press conference and let the New Black Panthers guy, Malik ShamWow get up on the stage and totally take over the press conference?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 08:29:26 pm »
Isn't this the same guy that was doing a press conference and let the New Black Panthers guy, Malik ShamWow get up on the stage and totally take over the press conference?

yep
Support the USO

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 12:59:02 am »
Nobody is  besmirching the cop either ,just some of us have lost trust in the police
if the shooting was justified then people should drop it ....PS

do any of  you think having cops wear  small miniaturized cameras with audio is a good idea ?

it might make cops and citizens safer
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 01:04:24 am »
Nobody is  besmirching the cop either ,just some of us have lost trust in the police
if the shooting was justified then people should drop it ....PS

do any of  you think having cops wear  small miniaturized cameras with audio is a good idea ?

it might make cops and citizens safer

Yes.  And if a cop doesn't turn it on when in a situation, it's a fireable offense.  We would have no doubt what happened here if Wilson were wearing a camera.

And, I'm betting, there'd be a whole lot fewer cop confrontations with the citizenry.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 01:31:01 am »
Oh, and anybody who's just dandy with these ninja'd-up paramilitarists, with their MWRAPS and submachine guns and night scopes, shouldn't be surprised when this is turned against them, in some form or fashion.

It's amazing to me that so many here distrust the government, yet are OK with the government bringing a military response to a domestic situation that used to be handled by cops with nightsticks.

rangerrebew

NONE In The Back: Brown Autopsy Shows He Was Shot In The Front Of The Body
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 09:40:51 am »
- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

NONE In The Back: Brown Autopsy Shows He Was Shot In The Front Of The Body

Posted By Chuck Ross On 11:35 PM 08/17/2014 In | No Comments

An autopsy conducted on Michael Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old fatally shot by Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson last Saturday, shows that Brown was shot at least six times, twice in the head and all in the front of the body.

The New York Times reported the results of a private autopsy conducted by Dr. Michael Baden, who was hired by the Brown family.

Baden conducted the autopsy on Sunday, according to the Times.

One bullet entered the top of Brown’s skull. Four struck him in the right arm. All bullets hit Brown in the front of the body, according to the autopsy.

According to Baden, the shots did not appear to have been fired at close range given the lack of gunpowder on Brown’s body. A further determination on gunpowder will have to be made after assessing the teen’s clothes.

Baden provided a diagram to the Times, which shows that the bullet that that struck Brown in the head entered while he was bent forward.

“It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer,” Baden said.

Witnesses to the shooting have told the media that Brown was surrendering by crouching on the ground and holding his hands up as Wilson shot him. The autopsy undermines a common belief circulating among those who think Brown was executed that he was shot in the back as he ran from Wilson.

Nevertheless, Benjamin Crump, who is representing the Brown family, said that the autopsy reveals a “brazen disregard” for Brown.

“The sheer number of bullets and the way they were scattered all over his body showed this police officer had a brazen disregard for the very people he was supposed to protect in that community,” Crump told the Times.

Ferguson police have claimed that Wilson shot Brown after the teen punched him in the face during a struggle inside of the officer’s police cruiser. Wilson claimed that Brown tried to grab his service weapon. (RELATED: Unwitting Witness Pokes Holes In Michael Brown Shooting Story)

Earlier Sunday, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder ordered a federal autopsy conducted on Brown. His family has said that it does not trust local law enforcement to conduct a thorough review.

The results of local law enforcement agencies’ autopsy have not been released.

Follow Chuck on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/17/none-in-the-back-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-in-the-front-of-the-body/

rangerrebew

Michael Brown: A Criminal and a Thug
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 10:08:27 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Michael Brown: A Criminal and a Thug

Posted By Matthew Vadum On August 18, 2014 @ 12:58 am In FrontPage | 3 Comments

As the media-sanctioned rioting, bloodshed and looting continue in Ferguson, Missouri, evidence is emerging that police shooting victim Michael Brown wasn’t the upstanding citizen that many on the Left have claimed him to be.

All of this is happening as mobs have been attacking cops with Molotov cocktails and destroying community infrastructure. Some blacks in the region are reportedly randomly assaulting non-blacks as collective payback for what happened to Brown. Looting and property destruction are rampant. Scores of people have been arrested. Aircraft were ordered to fly at least 3,000 feet over Ferguson airspace after police said their helicopters were fired on from the ground.

A curfew was imposed, and the state’s feckless Democratic governor, Jay Nixon, stripped local police of some of their responsibilities, replacing them with state highway patrolmen. This, predictably, led to more looting of stores and all the things that usually happen when an angry, violent mob is rewarded for its bad behavior.

Through it all, the Left is out in force in Ferguson, trying to make a bad situation worse. The criminal elements of the city have been emboldened by martyrized accounts of Brown, and have carried out a campaign of destruction against the civil order under the banner of “no justice, no peace.”

As happened in the Trayvon Martin case two years ago, the hulking, nearly 300-lbs. Brown has been portrayed as an innocent doe-eyed angel unfairly cut down by evil police as a promising future awaited him. In Brown’s case, he was said to be just days away from heading off to college.

But as one blogger observed, in this age of ubiquitous social media, the 18-year-old African-American man left behind,

“a cache of rap songs … that contain pretty much what you’d expect out of modern rap – lots of boasting about murdering, taking drugs, drinking, and sex with hos.”

In one of them labeled “Free$tyle Big’Mike,” one performer raps, “My favorite part’s when they bodies hit the ground. I soak ‘em up like I’m wringin’ out a sponge.”

The fact that Brown liked performing thug music obviously doesn’t by itself make him a thug, but it does provide insight into his state of mind. The same can be said for the photographs that have surfaced of Brown posing like a tough guy, making gestures with his hands that some say are gang signs.

But what Brown did before he was killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, whose home and address were publicized by a reporter despite ceaseless death threats against the officer, offers compelling insight into what made Brown tick.

Evidence is now available that shows that Brown tried to wrest a gun away from a policeman and that he was ordered to freeze before he charged Darren Wilson and was shot. Some have suggested Brown was high on drugs at the time and that made him especially aggressive but a toxicology report on his body won’t be available for weeks.

Before the shooting incident last weekend, Brown used violence and the threat of more violence to steal. With an accomplice, he knocked over a convenience store, bullying victims with his prodigious size and weight. (Incidentally, the owner of the store told the Washington Post he fears that his customers will murder him and that he begged reporters not to suggest that he called the police on Brown.)

An official incident report about the robbery was released Friday by Ferguson police, over the vehement but ultimately groundless objections of left-wing politicians, including the Missouri governor and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. History shows that leftist office holders aren’t too concerned about getting to the bottom of a matter when their supporters are in the streets calling for blood. If the documentation in question helped make the case that the local police were cold-blooded, murdering racists, those same politicians would be loudly demanding its release.

The report in question identifies Brown and his 22-year-old friend Darren Johnson as suspects in the Aug. 9 robbery that took place minutes before Brown’s death.

According to the report, police responded to a call about “stealing in progress” at a convenience store. The stolen item was a $48.99 box of Swisher Sweets cigars.  Marijuana users are known to hollow out such cigars and use them to smoke drugs.

A man identified as Brown was captured in store surveillance stills having a physical confrontation with a much smaller store employee who tried to lock the doors of the establishment to prevent the men from departing with the stolen item.

The 6’ 4”, 292-pound Brown took the employee by his shirt and pushed him back into some merchandise. As Brown moved toward the door, he then turned around and moved toward the worker “appearing to intimidate him.” After that Brown disappears from the camera footage.

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson made the video of the robbery available Friday, explaining that state law forced him to act. Reporters had demanded the footage under the Freedom of Information Act, Jackson said.

The Obama administration sought to suppress the release of the inconvenient footage by pressuring the department not to release it to the public. Pandering for votes, Gov. Jay Nixon said Sunday he “deeply” disagreed with the decision by Ferguson police to release the robbery video.

The recording was made public “Number one to attempt in essence to disparage the character [of Brown] in the middle of a process like this is not right,” Nixon said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

So, first local police were condemned for not being sufficiently transparent; then after they released a key piece of evidence they were condemned for being too transparent.

Gov. Nixon then claimed that releasing the video was too painful for his constituents. “And secondarily it did put the community and, quite frankly, the region and the nation on alert again,” he said.

Of the week-old case, Nixon said, “These are old wounds, these are deep wounds in these communities and that action was not helpful.” Of course, by the governor’s reasoning the local police have no right to make the case that they are not murderers while they are being indicted by the frenzied Ferguson community, media and political Left.

Gov. Nixon again pushed emotional buttons, playing to the mob. “When you see your son gunned down in the street and then you see a police chief begin an attempt to attack his character, that’s just not the way to operate and we’ve made that clear to everyone,” he said.

This means Nixon believes that Jesse Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton, who have been making campaign stops in Ferguson, have every right to be heard while the local police at the heart of the case should just remain silent and take whatever abuse is hurled at them.

Sharpton, the perpetrator of the infamous Tawana Brawley hoax and a close ally of President Obama, also weighed in on the release of the video.

“Michael Brown is gone,” he said in St. Louis yesterday. “You can run whatever video you want. He is not on trial. America is on trial!”

Sharpton continued:

“I have never in all my years seen something as offensive and insulting as a police chief releasing a tape of a young man trying to smear him before we even have his funeral.”

However, the more we learn about the nature of the crime and of Brown’s character, the clearer it is to see who should really be on trial: The likes of Al Sharpton and the race-hate industry, whose lies are fueling a vicious war against civil society in Ferguson.

Meanwhile, an autopsy performed by famed pathologist Dr. Michael M. Baden, former chief medical examiner for New York City, determined that Brown was not shot in the back as some have claimed. In particular, the autopsy contradicts the “eye witness” account of one left-wing media darling, Tiffany Mitchell, who claimed on MSNBC that Officer Wilson was pursing Brown as he ran away and that Brown was shot in the back as he fled.

The autopsy report concluded that Brown was shot six times. One bullet penetrated his right eye, proceeding through his face, leaving through his jaw and then entering his collarbone. The final two shots in his head were probably the last ones fired.

Brown, who otherwise appeared to be healthy, would have died as a result of the shooting even if he had been transported immediately to a hospital, Baden said.

“People have been asking: How many times was he shot? This information could have been released on Day 1,” Baden told the New York Times after completing the private four-hour autopsy yesterday. “They don’t do that, even as feelings built up among the citizenry that there was a cover-up. We are hoping to alleviate that.”

Baden stressed that he was not assigning blame for the death or justifying what was done the day of Brown’s death.

But Benjamin L. Crump, an attorney for Brown’s family, tried to use the new forensic evidence to bolster the case that the young man was a victim of police brutality.

“The sheer number of bullets and the way they were scattered all over his body showed this police officer had a brazen disregard for the very people he was supposed to protect in that community,” Crump said. “We want to make sure people understand what this case is about: This case is about a police officer executing a young unarmed man in broad daylight.”

Of course the fact that a suspect was shot repeatedly and all over his body doesn’t necessarily demonstrate “brazen disregard” or that the individual was summarily executed by a police officer. It more likely indicates that the shooter, rightly or wrongly, believed that the suspect posed a danger to his life. And the fact that a suspect was “unarmed” doesn’t necessarily have much probative value in a case in which the individual allegedly tried to gain control of a police officer’s firearm.

Crump covered travel expenses for Baden and an assistant to Missouri, retaining the two for the procedure. Baden waived his customary $10,000 fee, the newspaper reports.

This autopsy and an official county autopsy apparently aren’t enough. Now Eric Holder’s spokesman says the “extraordinary circumstances” — whatever those may be — require that a federal autopsy be conducted. Forty FBI agents have also reportedly gone door-to-door in Ferguson in an attempt to gather evidence in an ongoing civil rights investigation related to the shooting.

And they’ll keep digging until they find evidence that vindicates the mob and the left-wing media and the community organizers from Chicago who have descended on Ferguson in order to make an example of the innocent people who live there.

Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here.

Subscribe to Frontpage’s TV show, The Glazov Gang, and LIKE it on Facebook.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/matthew-vadum/michael-brown-a-criminal-and-a-thug/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 01:00:07 pm »

It's amazing to me that so many here distrust the government, yet are OK with the government bringing a military response to a domestic situation that used to be handled by cops with nightsticks.

I haven't seen too much support for the police here.  What I have seen is discomfort with a biased press that sold a false narrative and purposely sought to agitate the community in order to provoke rioting and a bigger story.  That aspect of this affair can be demonstrably proven, as can the opportunistic posturing of the liberal politicians. 

It cannot yet be proven that the Brown shooting was police overreach.  The officer in question has not yet been arrested, and there are three different levels of government investigating, two of which would love to arrest the guy just to appease the mob.

Like most people here, I oppose the militarization of the police.  In fact, I hope you will join me in supporting Rand Paul in the next election, because he is the only GOP candidate out there who would attempt to reverse this alarming trend.  But this case is not yet about police brutality.  We simply do not know enough to make that leap.

We do know enough to know that the "gentle giant" myth was a lie.  We know enough to know that looting and rioting are wrong.  And so that has been our focus for now.

If it turns out that this Brown kid was murdered in cold blood, you can be sure that I and everyone else will insist that the prosecution of this cop be unmerciful.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 06:51:39 pm »
I support Rand Paul's call for the de-militarization of the police.  The only problem with Paul is that he wants to de-militarize our military, too, and I'm afraid he'd be too much like Obama in his responses to the current foreign policy crises.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:30 am »
From the article:
[[ Forty FBI agents have also reportedly gone door-to-door in Ferguson in an attempt to gather evidence in an ongoing civil rights investigation related to the shooting. ]]

Considering what the Obama administration tried to do with the tape of Brown assaulting the store owner, I sense that any "evidence" uncovered by the FBI agents that would tend to exonerate the officer is going to disappear down the "memory hole" into the ether.

They're not out there looking for evidence that will support the truth.
They're trying to prevent such evidence from being revealed.

Pretty odd to be sayin' that about the FBI, but that's what I'm saying...

Offline evadR

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 03:28:20 am »
The video has probative value and will certainly be used in the officer's defense.  Whether it was wise to release it to the public is debatable.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.