Author Topic: Missouri Governor: Police 'Attempting to Besmirch' Mike Brown  (Read 1098 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Missouri Governor: Police 'Attempting to Besmirch' Mike Brown
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:06:22 PM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Missouri Governor: Police 'Attempting to Besmirch' Mike Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
Sheeeesh!...I would think a Governor would stand with a police department until the evidence proves they were at fault......typical Dem response..support the perp!

Support the USO

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
:facepalm2:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »
It's the timing that's suspect.  The chief obviously did not want to release the cop's name, so, in his state of being pissed-off, he throws this video out there at the  same time.

OF COURSE he was trying to besmirch Brown.  He'd been sitting on the video for six days, and says he released it "because the media asked for it."  What a load of bull.

He released it to trash Brown and protect Wilson.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »
It's the timing that's suspect.  The chief obviously did not want to release the cop's name, so, in his state of being pissed-off, he throws this video out there at the  same time.

OF COURSE he was trying to besmirch Brown.  He'd been sitting on the video for six days, and says he released it "because the media asked for it."  What a load of bull.

Of course you support the thug.  You'd be cheering if he had beaten the cop to death.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »

So what....maybe the chief had just about enough listening to their narrative of the innocent gentle giant..I don't blame him in the least especially since the giant and his buddies had criminal records.

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
Of course you support the thug.  You'd be cheering if he had beaten the cop to death.

I'm putting you on ignore. You contribute nothing to the discussion. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »
So what....maybe the chief had just about enough listening to their narrative of the innocent gentle giant..I don't blame him in the least especially since the giant and his buddies had criminal records.

So you admit the chief did it to besmirch Brown, exactly what the governor said.   This chief Jackson should take disability and retire. He has screwed up every single thing he's done.  To have control of a situation in your town taken away from you shows how incompetent he is.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
I admit to nothing...just saying what I would do in this case..besides I don't consider it besmirching...I call it letting all the facts out in the case so people have the whole truth about their lovable silly gentle giant

Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
Sheeeesh!...I would think a Governor would stand with a police department until the evidence proves they were at fault......typical Dem response..support the perp!

The only way liberals know how to quiet mobs made up of their own constituents is to enable them by reinforcing their own points-of-view, no matter how convoluted.  If that was an anti-immigration mob out there I doubt Nixon would be so accommodating.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »
I admit to nothing...just saying what I would do in this case..besides I don't consider it besmirching...I call it letting all the facts out in the case so people have the whole truth about their lovable silly gentle giant

It's a real stretch to think Jackson wasn't trying to drag Brown through the mud as he releases the video at the very same news conference at which he released Darren Wilson's name.

Wilson may very well get cleared but he will never be able to work in Ferguson or anywhere nearby again. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 04:25:47 PM »
Isn't this the same guy that was doing a press conference and let the New Black Panthers guy, Malik ShamWow get up on the stage and totally take over the press conference?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »
Isn't this the same guy that was doing a press conference and let the New Black Panthers guy, Malik ShamWow get up on the stage and totally take over the press conference?

yep

Support the USO

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 08:59:02 PM »
Nobody is  besmirching the cop either ,just some of us have lost trust in the police
if the shooting was justified then people should drop it ....PS

do any of  you think having cops wear  small miniaturized cameras with audio is a good idea ?

it might make cops and citizens safer
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
Nobody is  besmirching the cop either ,just some of us have lost trust in the police
if the shooting was justified then people should drop it ....PS

do any of  you think having cops wear  small miniaturized cameras with audio is a good idea ?

it might make cops and citizens safer

Yes.  And if a cop doesn't turn it on when in a situation, it's a fireable offense.  We would have no doubt what happened here if Wilson were wearing a camera.

And, I'm betting, there'd be a whole lot fewer cop confrontations with the citizenry.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »
Oh, and anybody who's just dandy with these ninja'd-up paramilitarists, with their MWRAPS and submachine guns and night scopes, shouldn't be surprised when this is turned against them, in some form or fashion.

It's amazing to me that so many here distrust the government, yet are OK with the government bringing a military response to a domestic situation that used to be handled by cops with nightsticks.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
NONE In The Back: Brown Autopsy Shows He Was Shot In The Front Of The Body
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 05:40:51 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Michael Brown: A Criminal and a Thug
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »

It's amazing to me that so many here distrust the government, yet are OK with the government bringing a military response to a domestic situation that used to be handled by cops with nightsticks.

I haven't seen too much support for the police here.  What I have seen is discomfort with a biased press that sold a false narrative and purposely sought to agitate the community in order to provoke rioting and a bigger story.  That aspect of this affair can be demonstrably proven, as can the opportunistic posturing of the liberal politicians. 

It cannot yet be proven that the Brown shooting was police overreach.  The officer in question has not yet been arrested, and there are three different levels of government investigating, two of which would love to arrest the guy just to appease the mob.

Like most people here, I oppose the militarization of the police.  In fact, I hope you will join me in supporting Rand Paul in the next election, because he is the only GOP candidate out there who would attempt to reverse this alarming trend.  But this case is not yet about police brutality.  We simply do not know enough to make that leap.

We do know enough to know that the "gentle giant" myth was a lie.  We know enough to know that looting and rioting are wrong.  And so that has been our focus for now.

If it turns out that this Brown kid was murdered in cold blood, you can be sure that I and everyone else will insist that the prosecution of this cop be unmerciful.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
I support Rand Paul's call for the de-militarization of the police.  The only problem with Paul is that he wants to de-militarize our military, too, and I'm afraid he'd be too much like Obama in his responses to the current foreign policy crises.

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 10:54:30 PM »
From the article:
[[ Forty FBI agents have also reportedly gone door-to-door in Ferguson in an attempt to gather evidence in an ongoing civil rights investigation related to the shooting. ]]

Considering what the Obama administration tried to do with the tape of Brown assaulting the store owner, I sense that any "evidence" uncovered by the FBI agents that would tend to exonerate the officer is going to disappear down the "memory hole" into the ether.

They're not out there looking for evidence that will support the truth.
They're trying to prevent such evidence from being revealed.

Pretty odd to be sayin' that about the FBI, but that's what I'm saying...

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 11:28:20 PM »
The video has probative value and will certainly be used in the officer's defense.  Whether it was wise to release it to the public is debatable.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf