Author Topic: Looting in Ferguson, Mo.: 'Y'all want to buy something?'  (Read 357 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Looting in Ferguson, Mo.: 'Y'all want to buy something?'
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:10:40 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-looting-in-ferguson-mo-20140816-htmlstory.html

Video
Looting in Ferguson, Mo.: 'Y'all want to buy something?'
By Matt Pearce contact the reporter

In Ferguson, Mo., early Saturday morning, Times reporter Matt Pearce reported live at the scene of looting and protests.

The unrest came after a day of mainly peaceful protests over the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was shot and killed by a police officer a week ago. That calm came after days of tense confrontations between protesters and the police. Trouble began again early Saturday after a crowd gathered in the area near a mini-mart that authorities allege Brown had robbed shortly before he was killed.

Protests in the area soon deteriorated into looting. [Note: The first tweet below was sent at 1:32 a.m. local time. Missouri is two hours ahead of the West Coast.]

Matt Pearce        ✔ @mattdpearce
Follow

Whatever the mood was when I was here three hours ago, jubilant, relaxed, is scattered and chaotic now.
1:32 AM - 16 Aug 2014

more with a must see video at link...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Looting in Ferguson, Mo.: 'Y'all want to buy something?'
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »
I'm guessing the hug-a-thon wasn't the answer.  Watching the completely out-of-control 'town hall' earlier, I wasn't overly impressed with the new guy in charge who was getting pretty close to "Why can't we all just get along".
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:18:35 pm »
I'm guessing the hug-a-thon wasn't the answer.  Watching the completely out-of-control 'town hall' earlier, I wasn't overly impressed with the new guy in charge who was getting pretty close to "Why can't we all just get along".

You mean Kumbaya doesn't work?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:27:16 pm »

You mean Kumbaya doesn't work?

Well, it has its downsides when chaos is king.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!