Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Mike Brown caught on tape in strong armed robbery just minutes before being stopped by Darren Wilson  (Read 9644 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

1.  I see through your statistics game you're trying to play.  A subset of a subset.

2.  Yeah, Heaven forbid you question a badge.

3.  Lose a debate, move to hyperbole.  Typical Leftist tactic. 

On your way.

1. Well we were using FBI statistics to compare the dangers to a police officer and to a regular citizen.  You wanted to use FBI stats, and so we did.  Sorry if they didn't work out for you.

2. If you bothered reading my posts you would have seen that I wrote police must be held to a higher standard than civilians.  And I also said that the officer who did the shooting should most definitely be held accountable if the he did what has been alleged.

3.  I frequently lose debates...but the hyperbole?

And then she basically stated by my position I supported the deaths of her local deputies?  She's outrageous!

No, you are wrong.  I provided the anecdote to support my position that police officers are always in danger.  If you took that as in anyway relating to your feelings about the police, that's an issue for you to work out.  I try hard to stay away from relating anything about a poster.

On a bitch move on her part, MAC said something about my support of a racist police state or something like that.  I didn't make any such comment or implication but hey, I guess her husband is a cop or something.

Huh?   You really do have some personal issues and demons to deal with.  You take care.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

Trust me - MAC is most definitely male. The presence of a husband is up to him though!  :beer:

LOL.   My wife Carol would be most unhappy if I had a husband somewhere... :beer:

Offline MACVSOG68

BTW, MACVSOG68 is a man....in the truest sense of the word.   :police:

:patriot:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
LOL.   My wife Carol would be most unhappy if I had a husband somewhere... :beer:

Are you sure your wife's name isn't "Carl?"  Hmmmmmm?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:48:15 pm by massadvj »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Trust me - MAC is most definitely male. The presence of a husband is up to him though!  :beer:

You two got at cross purposes over this. Something that would never happen in a bar, where you can see each others faces and body language. Emotions are running a bit high about Ferguson, for obvious reasons. We got what seems to be an out of control cop shooting an unarmed man who was running away, a bunch of rioters and looters, overly armed SWAT teams (shit - we don't wear that much gear in a hot zone) and the usual race baiters running their mouths. It's a mess and a half.

As we saw in the Zimmerman case - the media and Obama & Co leapt to action and stirred up as much shit as they could.  The usual suspects showed up to loot and ululate in front of the cameras - and it gets pretty predictable after that. 

I agree with Gourmet Dan that the Democrats need an "event" before the election - at least one - although I'd bet that they have several cooked up to cover all bases.  This gets everyone talking about something else.  If I had the inclination, I'd map all of these "events" out.  It seems to me they happen when everyone is downin' on Obama - bad news everywhere - and usually Obama goes on vacation.  I think there is a pattern in there somewhere......

We've done pretty good so far, haven't taken the bait, but I fear the time when they give up waiting for us and insert someone in an event that will do something to frame the tea party movement - which is heavily in the cross-hairs of both parties. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Charlespg

ONC - MAC isn't exactly leftist. There are people way further to the left than he is, even on here. I'm one of them.

What I am objecting to in this case is "Trial by media." Brown could have been the biggest scumbag on the planet, but the reflexive reaction is to blame the cop in these cases. Think of the Trayvon case. Zimmerman was convicted in the court of public opinion before he'd even been arrested - all for two idiots confronting each other and one winding up dead.

Innocent until proven guilty is the rule. I wish the 24/7 news cycle would remember that.  :shrug:
Brown very well may be a scum bag but when you get cases like this
   http://news.yahoo.com/police-officers-beat-homeless-schizophrenic-man-death-found-034750473.html;_ylt=A0LEVxaBbe9Tw1YAfZ9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzcmM4dTUwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTU5M18x 
  or the shooting of family pets  I see the police as a potential enemy   :shrug:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I agree with Gourmet Dan that the Democrats need an "event" before the election - at least one - although I'd bet that they have several cooked up to cover all bases. 

I think the whole immigrant crisis was another "event" that was cooked up to be exploited, and it, like Ferguson, is blowing up in their faces.

Offline MACVSOG68

Are you sure your wife's name isn't "Carl?"  Hmmmmmm?

LOL.  I just asked her and she told me "I don't think that's funny!"   :tongue2:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Brown very well may be a scum bag but when you get cases like this  or the shooting of family pets  I see the police as a potential enemy   :shrug:

There are bad cops. Just the same as there are bad hookers and decent burglars. I saw an honest lawyer once, but that might have just been the meds talking.  :laugh:

I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time though. It's a stressing job, no time to plan - usually - and since they are locals, mistakes are never forgotten and rarely forgiven.

It's the fundamental difference between police work and military. We are proactive, they are reactive. It has to be that way, and it's why ex-forces make exceptionally shitty cops, in the main. We'll plan things out and maybe do two things a night. They cover everything from lost kids, to some bleep beating his girlfriend into a new and interesting shade of purple, to murder, to someone driving away from the gas station without paying.

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would take the job.

Bad cops need cleaning out. Not going to argue there. Most of them want to do what it says on their cars though. Protect and Serve.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

I think the whole immigrant crisis was another "event" that was cooked up to be exploited, and it, like Ferguson, is blowing up in their faces.

It can ALWAYS be said that if you give enough rope to a liberal, they will hang themselves.  They always go too far. 

Offline MACVSOG68

There are bad cops. Just the same as there are bad hookers and decent burglars. I saw an honest lawyer once, but that might have just been the meds talking.  :laugh:

I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time though. It's a stressing job, no time to plan - usually - and since they are locals, mistakes are never forgotten and rarely forgiven.

It's the fundamental difference between police work and military. We are proactive, they are reactive. It has to be that way, and it's why ex-forces make exceptionally shitty cops, in the main. We'll plan things out and maybe do two things a night. They cover everything from lost kids, to some bleep beating his girlfriend into a new and interesting shade of purple, to murder, to someone driving away from the gas station without paying.

I'm honestly surprised that anyone would take the job.

Bad cops need cleaning out. Not going to argue there. Most of them want to do what it says on their cars though. Protect and Serve.

Nicely said EC.

Offline olde north church

LOL.  I just asked her and she told me "I don't think that's funny!"   :tongue2:

My apologies on the unsolicited gender reaasignment.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

You kidding? We are going to tease him about it for years now!  :silly:

Offline MACVSOG68

Apology accepted.  Thanks.

Offline MACVSOG68

You kidding? We are going to tease him about it for years now!  :silly:
                                                         :baby:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
                                                         :baby:

Make that decades .....  :whistle:

Edit: There are some who have not been privileged to serve. Know this well - we rib each other constantly. It's a way of staying sane. We'll also remove rib cages from someone who doesn't have the right. We're an odd bunch.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:33:49 pm by EC »

Offline alicewonders

Investigations take time. They do not happen in days like you have repeatedly said. Forensic experts need to check the entry points of the bullet wounds, distance of impact of bullet wounds, angles etc. It takes time. It is not to protect anyone.  Did the officer know Brown was a suspect? I imagine there will be records of calls made by the police dispatch minutes before the shooting and right after the robbery.  Also, we need to wait to see what injuries Wilson had from the scuffle. Some of the witnesses already have lawyers in this case, and I do not trust witnesses that have their own lawyers. Like in the Zimmerman case, I ask why a witness would need a lawyer, except to make sure their version matches the one the race peddlers are selling.

Maybe the officer was wrong in this case. We will have to WAIT to find out after all the evidence is collected and not just statements given to the press that cannot be verified by physical evidence.  Do not convict the officer yet.  Convict after the evidence is all in and it supports the conclusion of a wrongful action.

What is wrong is the rioting by thugs and the immediate condemnation of officers by some.

You make very good points cuky.  These rioters and looters and media whores are professional rabble-rousers - it's their job to stir shit.  It's a pattern, you'd think more people would catch on by now. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I heard there was ten minutes, from the store strong arm robbery, to his death.

His death followed involvement with a police officer, who allegedly advised the deceased to get out of the middle of the street.

How about the deceased was on a "I'm going to do what I want to do, not what some cop tells me to do" stint, first stealing, then defying authority.

Could his toxicology tests reveal mind-altering substances in his system?

He apparently had an attitude problem at the time of the incident. Defy authority.

It will be awhile until we learn the FULL extent of the cop's story.

After being told to get out of the middle of the street, did the deceased walk over to the officer in his car?

Did the deceased then reach in through the window, and assault the officer? Did the officer then defend himself against assault?

Was the deceased ever inside the vehicle? Was the deceased ever under control by the officer? Under arrest?

Was the officer trying to put the deceased into the vehicle? The deceased resisted, broke free? Shot(s) fired when?

Ghetto dwellers often start with very anti-authoritarian attitudes and behaviors. Fuel that with mind-altering substances, a hot day, and you get an idea about what an urban cop is up against every day.

Complying with an officer's instruction to "get out of the street" would equal being too white.

The entire outcome will hinge on what took place between the officer's verbal instruction (request, order?) to get out of the street, and perhaps less than 60 seconds later, the fatal shot being fired.

What transpired between? Almost everything now is conjecture. Much of the conjecture is based on false information (cop is black). Deceased is a cherub (not).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

Make that decades .....  :whistle:

Edit: There are some who have not been privileged to serve. Know this well - we rib each other constantly. It's a way of staying sane. We'll also remove rib cages from someone who doesn't have the right. We're an odd bunch.

I think we both failed that test... *bouche*

Offline speekinout

Here's a pointer to a very interesting account -

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/08/15/exceptional-catch-the-jj-witness-video-eye-witness-audio-of-mike-brown-shooting-sharing-brown-doubled-back-toward-police/

In essence, there seems to be a tape that confirms the officer's version of the story. The video is of the shooting, and there's a background conversation between two guys where one describes Brown's actions. It very much sounds like Brown was the aggressor, going after the policeman, and seemingly high on PCP or the like.

Shades of Trayvon & Zimmerman indeed!

My suspicion is that this tape won't get much serious attention from the press or investigators.  :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Listened on the radio to the (black) Missouri Highway Patrol Chief, who has been put in charge. Very impressive individual.  Cool, patient, firm.

But the only acceptable outcome is for a white person to be arrested and convicted because a black man was killed. Period, no discussion, no facts needed.

The Governor did quite well, also.  Curfew, 12 am to 5 am.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Charlespg

You make very good points cuky.  These rioters and looters and media whores are professional rabble-rousers - it's their job to stir shit.  It's a pattern, you'd think more people would catch on by now.
looters should be shot on site
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton