Author Topic: Report: Giffords, Kelly's Gun Control Group Now Pushing Temporary Gun Confiscation  (Read 343 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/15/Giffords-Kelly-s-Gun-Control-Group-Now-Pushing-Temporary-Gun-Confiscation

by AWR Hawkins 15 Aug 2014

Americans for Responsible Solutions--the group formed by gun control proponents former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly--has issued a new report listing five ideas "to reduce gun violence." Four of the five revolve around temporary gun confiscation or gun bans.

The report was issued in conjunction with the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

According to the Arizona Republic, Giffords and her husband found the "rational middle ground" in the new report.

The report begins with the fairly innocuous idea of to removing "loopholes" where they exist between states and the federal government regarding information on the mentally ill. But after that, the focus turns to confiscation:

Idea Two: "Authorize law enforcement to remove access to guns, with court oversight and plenty of protections to prevent abuse of this authority." The owner of the guns would "only" get them back once he or she was "no longer a danger to themselves or others."

Idea Three: "Require schools, including colleges and universities, to report violent or suicidal people to a court or administrating agency." These people would also have their firearms confiscated, but "could regain their firearms access...after a certain period of time."

Idea Four: "Allow courts to issue 'Gun Violence Restraining Orders.'" These result in temporary gun confiscation.

Idea Five: "Temporarily ban those who have been involuntarily hospitalized from purchasing or possessing firearms."

Five ideas, four of which deal with gun confiscation or gun bans. Is this really the "rational middle ground"?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
They are not stupid ideas. Given adequate protection of rights.

I cut her a bit of a pass - getting shot in the head has got to make you a little anti-gun.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
They're not stupid ideas, until they get misused by some authoritarian Lois Lerner-type bureaucrat. 

I feel sorry for Gabby Giffords, she is being exploited. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!