Author Topic: Islamic State has forced 1,500 Yazidis and Christians into sex slavery  (Read 742 times)

rangerrebew

Islamic State has forced 1,500 Yazidis and Christians into sex slavery

Robert Spencer       Aug 15, 2014 at 11:54pm    Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, Muslim persecution of Christians, Non-Muslims in Muslim countries, slavery      20 Comments   

Muslim womenAccording to Islamic law, Muslim men can take “captives of the right hand” (Qur’an 4:3, 4:24, 33:50). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war” (33:50). 4:3 and 4:24 extend this privilege to Muslim men in general. The Egyptian Sheikh Abu-Ishaq al-Huwayni declared in May 2011 that “we are in the era of jihad,” and that meant Muslims would take slaves. In a subsequent interview he elaborated:

Jihad is only between Muslims and infidels. Spoils, slaves, and prisoners are only to be taken in war between Muslims and infidels. Muslims in the past conquered, invaded, and took over countries. This is agreed to by all scholars—there is no disagreement on this from any of them, from the smallest to the largest, on the issue of taking spoils and prisoners. The prisoners and spoils are distributed among the fighters, which includes men, women, children, wealth, and so on.

When a slave market is erected, which is a market in which are sold slaves and sex-slaves, which are called in the Qur’an by the name milk al-yamin, “that which your right hands possess” [Koran 4:24]. This is a verse from the Qur’an which is still in force, and has not been abrogated. The milk al-yamin are the sex-slaves. You go to the market, look at the sex-slave, and buy her. She becomes like your wife, (but) she doesn’t need a (marriage) contract or a divorce like a free woman, nor does she need a wali. All scholars agree on this point—there is no disagreement from any of them. [...] When I want a sex slave, I just go to the market and choose the woman I like and purchase her.
Around the same time, on May 25, 2011, a female Kuwaiti politician, Salwa al-Mutairi, also spoke out in favor of the Islamic practice of sexual slavery of non-Muslim women, emphasizing that the practice accorded with Islamic law and the parameters of Islamic morality.

A merchant told me that he would like to have a sex slave. He said he would not be negligent with her, and that Islam permitted this sort of thing. He was speaking the truth. I brought up [this man’s] situation to the muftis in Mecca. I told them that I had a question, since they were men who specialized in what was halal, and what was good, and who loved women. I said, “What is the law of sex slaves?”

The mufti said, “With the law of sex slaves, there must be a Muslim nation at war with a Christian nation, or a nation which is not of the religion, not of the religion of Islam. And there must be prisoners of war.”

“Is this forbidden by Islam?” I asked.

“Absolutely not. Sex slaves are not forbidden by Islam. On the contrary, sex slaves are under a different law than the free woman. The free woman must be completely covered except for her face and hands. But the sex slave can be naked from the waist up. She differs a lot from the free woman. While the free woman requires a marriage contract, the sex slave does not—she only needs to be purchased by her husband, and that’s it. Therefore the sex slave is different than the free woman.”
The savage exploitation of girls and young women is, unfortunately, a cross-cultural phenomenon, but only in Islamic law does it carry divine sanction.

“‘Barbaric’ sexual violence perpetrated by Islamic State militants in Iraq – UN,” UN News Centre, August 13, 2014 (thanks to John):

13 August 2014 – Two senior United Nations officials today condemned in the strongest terms the “barbaric acts” of sexual violence and “savage rapes” the armed group Islamic State (IS) has perpetrated on minorities in areas under its control.

In a joint statement from Baghdad, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence (SRSG) in Conflict, Zainab Hawa Bangura and the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Iraq, Nickolay Mladenov urged the immediate protection of civilians.

“We are gravely concerned by continued reports of acts of violence, including sexual violence against women and teenage girls and boys belonging to Iraqi minorities,” Ms. Bangura and Mr. Mladenov said.

“Atrocious accounts of abduction and detention of Yazidi, Christian, as well as Turkomen and Shabak women, girls and boys, and reports of savage rapes, are reaching us in an alarming manner,” Ms. Bangura and Mr. Mladenov stated, pointing out that some 1,500 Yazidi and Christian persons may have been forced into sexual slavery….

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Islamic State has forced 1,500 Yazidis and Christians into sex slavery
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
BS....this is the dishonest MSM again.

They are dead.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:28:47 pm »
these people are truly disgusting

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »
I wonder how much support ISIS was given from our CIA, in the hopes that the group would make trouble for Assad and Iran?  It's certain there was and still is funding coming from the Saudis and several other Sunni states.  This whole business about the Humvees and US armaments that were "stolen" or "left behind" sounds like hogwash to me.  It seems likely to me that at least some of these weapons were sold and/or given to them so that they would be used in the fight to topple Assad. 

I think ISIS is a Frankenstein monster enabled by the USA, and that means the American people are at least partly to blame for these atrocities.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 03:12:03 pm »
I wonder how much support ISIS was given from our CIA, in the hopes that the group would make trouble for Assad and Iran?  It's certain there was and still is funding coming from the Saudis and several other Sunni states.  This whole business about the Humvees and US armaments that were "stolen" or "left behind" sounds like hogwash to me.  It seems likely to me that at least some of these weapons were sold and/or given to them so that they would be used in the fight to topple Assad. 

I think ISIS is a Frankenstein monster enabled by the USA, and that means the American people are at least partly to blame for these atrocities.

You said it RIGHT THERE.  I think that is exactly what has happened!  There is something they are covering up and I think that is what it is. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:49:07 pm »
You said it RIGHT THERE.  I think that is exactly what has happened!  There is something they are covering up and I think that is what it is.

I'm reasonably experienced in what we call creative resupply, and most people would call looting the dead (they don't need it any more). It's too pat. They have full kit, not just the odds and ends you pick up. Someone is supplying them. Heck - in the picture posted a couple days ago, the camo still had it's factory folds.

Though it may not be the CIA. Russia has deep pockets and an interest in moving attention to the ME again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:55:06 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 07:04:50 pm »
I'm reasonably experienced in what we call creative resupply, and most people would call looting the dead (they don't need it any more). It's too pat. They have full kit, not just the odds and ends you pick up. Someone is supplying them. Heck - in the picture posted a couple days ago, the camo still had it's factory folds.

Though it may not be the CIA. Russia has deep pockets and an interest in moving attention to the ME again.

I've wondered about Russia, they've been very quiet about these latest developments. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 07:12:56 pm »
I've wondered about Russia, they've been very quiet about these latest developments.

American kit is cheap. $250 will kit you out completely, including the vests. The only thing you'll be missing is the night vision gear. That runs about $15 in Syria. Or you can grab it from someone who no longer needs it.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 07:28:11 pm »
American kit is cheap. $250 will kit you out completely, including the vests. The only thing you'll be missing is the night vision gear. That runs about $15 in Syria. Or you can grab it from someone who no longer needs it.

They are said to have over a billion dollars and our equipment that they took over - not to mention the dam they seized.  It's incredible they gained all that that quickly without some high-powered help somewhere behind the scenes.  Look how long Al-Qaeda has been at it and ISIS/ISIL/IS is so very new on the scene!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 07:41:41 pm »
They are said to have over a billion dollars and our equipment that they took over - not to mention the dam they seized.  It's incredible they gained all that that quickly without some high-powered help somewhere behind the scenes.  Look how long Al-Qaeda has been at it and ISIS/ISIL/IS is so very new on the scene!

Please, Alice......know that ISIS and Al-Qaeda are one and the same.

"Osama bin Laden is dead and Al-Qaeda is on the run!!"  - President Obama

ISIS [ice-sis] sounds newer and cooler I suppose.  It's a total creation of the Left.

You have to hand it to Barack Obama...."run" can mean two different things.  Running away.  Or, running roughshod over the countryside massacring at will.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 08:13:37 pm »
Please, Alice......know that ISIS and Al-Qaeda are one and the same.

"Osama bin Laden is dead and Al-Qaeda is on the run!!"  - President Obama

ISIS [ice-sis] sounds newer and cooler I suppose.  It's a total creation of the Left.

You have to hand it to Barack Obama...."run" can mean two different things.  Running away.  Or, running roughshod over the countryside massacring at will.

I see your point.  ISIS is the new flava' - an improved Al-Qaeda - running amok! 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:05 am »

OPB. Organization, Planning, Belief.

There is a slight tendency to dismiss ISIL because they seem to be the new kid on the block. They ain't. They have been around for a while. Fully combat trained in Syria. Make no bones about it - this is a fully functioning and highly effective army, with a grasp of tactics that has to be seen to be believed. If they weren't such scumbags, I could almost admire them.