Author Topic: Al Gore sues Al Jazeera for fraud  (Read 269 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Gore sues Al Jazeera for fraud
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:36:11 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/08/al-gore-sues-al-jazeera-for-fraud-194016.html?hp=r1

By DYLAN BYERS |
8/15/14 11:51 AM EDT

Former Vice President Al Gore and business partner Joel Hyatt have filed a lawsuit against Al Jazeera on charges of fraud and material breaches in their acquisition of Current Media, POLITICO has learned.

Gore and Hyatt, the co-founders of Current Media, say that Al Jazeera has unlawfully refused to turn over tens of millions of dollars currently located in an escrow account. That money is owed to Current Media shareholders per the terms of the $500-million merger agreement made in January 2013, the plaintiffs say.

The lawsuit was filed Friday morning by David Boies, attorney for Gore and Hyatt, in the Delaware Court of Chancery. (Boies also represented Gore in the 2000 Florida election recount battle against George W. Bush.)

"Al Jazeera America wants to give itself a discount on the purchase price that was agreed to nearly two years ago," Boies said in a statement. "We are asking the Court to order Al Jazeera America to stop wrongfully withholding the escrow funds that belong to Current's former shareholders."

The complaint has been filed under seal at the request of Al Jazeera, though Gore and Hyatt have filed a motion seeking to unseal it.

"We do not believe that our complaint should be sealed," Boies said. "However, despite being a news organization, Al Jazeera America has said that the full complaint should be kept from the public file.  We have therefore filed the complaint under seal until the Court can resolve this issue. We expect that the Court will reject Al Jazeera America's argument."

Dawn Bridges, executive vice president of Communications for Al Jazeera, says the organization is reviewing the complaint.

"Our outside counsel is reviewing the complaint," Bridges wrote in an email. "We think it relates to a commercial dispute between former shareholders of Current Media and Al Jazeera America."

"We may have further comment once they’ve fully reviewed everything," she wrote.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Al Gore sues Al Jazeera for fraud
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »
I laughed hysterically when I found this out today.

There is no greater fraud on earth than old algor, and yet he has been outfrauded.

It's delicious irony!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:06 pm »
Al Gore is just one of a thousand of mega-wealthy Leftist jokes out there, who are too stupid to know how stupid they are.

I hope the Arabs clean him out. Could you imagine what it would be like for Al Gore to have to drive his own car, and for him to actually have to work for a living. He would not have a clue. Like most Leftists, he would not even know what to do or even where to begin.

I am looking out for the 'little people' and the polar bears! Yeah, right, sure you are. (idiot)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:34:25 am »
Now if this isn't the classical case of the pot calling the kettle black, nothing is or ever will be.