Author Topic: Statement from Michael Brown’s family and attorneys: ‘Beyond outraged’  (Read 457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/15/statement-from-michael-browns-family-and-attorneys-beyond-outraged/

By J. Freedom du Lac August 15 at 1:42 PM

Ferguson shooting victim Michael Brown’s family and the family’s attorneys issued a statement on Friday afternoon, several hours after the city’s police chief called Brown a robbery suspect and identified Darren Wilson as the officer who shot and killed him.

Here is the statement, in its entirety:

Michael Brown’s family is beyond outraged at the devious way the police chief has chosen to disseminate piece mil information in a manner intended to assassinate the character of their son, following such a brutal assassination of his person in broad daylight.

There is nothing based on the facts that have been placed before us that can justify the execution style murder of their child by this police officer as he held his hands up, which is the universal sign of surrender.

The prolonged release of the officer’s name and then the subsequent alleged information regarding a robbery is the reason why the family and the local community have such distrust for the local law enforcement agencies.

It is no way transparent to release the still photographs alleged to be Michael Brown and refuse to release the photographs of the officer that executed him.

The police strategy of attempting to blame the victim will not divert our attention, from being focused on the autopsy, ballistics report and the trajectory of the bullets that caused Michael’s death and will demonstrate to the world this brutal execution of an unarmed teenager.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

TM all over again...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am jumping the gun here. And I do not have all the facts. But I find it very hard to believe that any police officer would shoot anyone who was not resisting and standing in front of them with their hands up.

I just don't believe this story, the same way I never believed that Trayvon (who was a thug and a doper) was just a kid simply walking home.

There is always much more to the whole story than the Black activists will tell you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

Just step back and ask yourself this question:  if the video has nothing to do with the cop stopping Brown (and it doesn't, and even the chief admitted it), why release it at this time if not to smear Brown?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

I am jumping the gun here. And I do not have all the facts. But I find it very hard to believe that any police officer would shoot anyone who was not resisting and standing in front of them with their hands up.

I just don't believe this story, the same way I never believed that Trayvon (who was a thug and a doper) was just a kid simply walking home.

There is always much more to the whole story than the Black activists will tell you.

So what's the police version?  It's been a week and the cops have no comment on what happened.

The story that is becoming ingrained is that a cop shot Michael Brown with his hands up.  In other words, he murdered him or at the very least, committed manslaughter. 

Unless there's a video (and there isn't, since Ferguson's PD doesn't have dashcams), the cops are going to have to have a very good reason why the cop is not guilty as charged.

Offline Carling

Just step back and ask yourself this question:  if the video has nothing to do with the cop stopping Brown (and it doesn't, and even the chief admitted it), why release it at this time if not to smear Brown?

Because it would show that Brown knew he had just committed a crime, and that he may have had reason to flee the police. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

So what's the police version?  It's been a week and the cops have no comment on what happened.

The story that is becoming ingrained is that a cop shot Michael Brown with his hands up.  In other words, he murdered him or at the very least, committed manslaughter. 

Unless there's a video (and there isn't, since Ferguson's PD doesn't have dashcams), the cops are going to have to have a very good reason why the cop is not guilty as charged.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

Because it would show that Brown knew he had just committed a crime, and that he may have had reason to flee the police.

Fleeing?  He was walking down the street, in the street.  Doesn't sound like he was fleeing to me.