Author Topic: Ferguson, Missouri, Police to Release Name of Officer in Fatal Shooting [released]  (Read 305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ferguson-missouri-police-release-officer-fatal-shooting/story?id=24992945

Ferguson, Missouri, Police to Release Name of Officer in Fatal Shooting
Aug 15, 2014, 6:58 AM ET
By ABC NEWS via Good Morning America

Ferguson, Missouri, police plan to release the name today of the officer who shot and killed an unarmed teen, leading to days of clashes in the streets of the St. Louis suburb, the town's police chief said.

Police Chief Thomas Jackson told ABC News that authorities will meet later this morning to figure out the best way to release the officer’s name. Police previously declined to identify the officer amid safety concerns.

“We’re learning and we’re moving forward. This all starts now to heal, to just make things better,” Jackson told ABC News.

Gov. Jay Nixon thinks releasing the name of the officer involved in the shooting on Saturday will help in Ferguson's healing process.

"I was pleased to hear the chief indicate this would be a day in which, finally, that initial name would come out, and we’ll work to make sure that his family [is safe] and there’s security around that," Nixon told ABC News. "I think those kind of concrete steps of transparency leading to justice are vitally important now to heal the old wounds that have been made a fresh by this difficult and horrific situation."

Ferguson faced five consecutive nights of unrest or violence following the weekend shooting death of Michael Brown, 18. Brown, who was unarmed, had his hands raised when he was fatally wounded, at least two witnesses said.

Peaceful protests followed Thursday, after Nixon swapped local and county officers -- many wearing riot gear -- for state highway patrol troopers. Capt. Ron Johnson, the leader of the highway patrol, walked side-by-side with demonstrators Thursday.

“This is my community. A lot of people I saw walking in this march are people that I know,” Johnson said. “So the old saying, 'I’ve got a dog in this fight,' [is true]. I’ve got a big dog in this fight."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:00:31 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ferguson-missouri-police-release-officer-fatal-shooting/story?id=24992945

Police Release Name of Officer in Fatal Shooting in Ferguson, Missouri
Aug 15, 2014, 6:58 AM ET
By ABC NEWS via Good Morning America

Police have announced the name of the officer who shot and killed an unarmed teen in Ferguson, Missouri -- an incident that led to days of clashes in the streets of the St. Louis suburb.

Darren Wilson was revealed today as the officer who shot Michael Brown, 18, and officials have moved the six-year police veteran and his family from the town as a safety precaution.

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson said earlier that at the time of the shooting on Saturday, the officer was on a routine patrol when he encountered Brown and a friend walking in the street. Authorities have said that a scuffle ensued after the officer asked the teens to move to the side. Witnesses have said Brown's hands were raised when he was shot multiple times.

“We’re learning and we’re moving forward. This all starts now to heal, to just make things better,” Jackson told ABC News.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon said that he thinks releasing the name of the officer involved in the shooting would help in Ferguson's healing process.

"I was pleased to hear the chief indicate this would be a day in which, finally, that initial name would come out, and we’ll work to make sure that his family [is safe] and there’s security around that," Nixon told ABC News. "I think those kinds of concrete steps of transparency leading to justice are vitally important now to heal the old wounds that have been made a fresh by this difficult and horrific situation."

Ferguson faced five consecutive nights of unrest and violence following Brown's shooting death. The teen, who authorities said was unarmed, had his hands raised when he was shot multiple times, at least two witnesses said.

There were peaceful protests on Thursday, after Nixon swapped local and county officers -- many wearing riot gear and point rifles at demonstrators -- for state highway patrol troopers. Capt. Ron Johnson, the leader of the highway patrol, walked side-by-side with demonstrators Thursday.

"This is my community. A lot of people I saw walking in this march are people that I know," Johnson said. "So the old saying, 'I've got a dog in this fight,' [is true]. I’ve got a big dog in this fight."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Supposedly, Brown was a possible suspect in the robbery of a convenience store.  This sounds like a handy, post-facto excuse.

Release the convenience store surveillance video and let's see if the suspect is as large as Brown was.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

FOX just showed convenience store photos that were in the packet handed to the Press. Brown did rob the store. Attempted to still $40 box of cigars, and fought away the much smaller store clerk trying to stop him.   Much different than the innocent young man days away from entering college.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

FOX just showed convenience store photos that were in the packet handed to the Press. Brown did rob the store. Attempted to still $40 box of cigars, and fought away the much smaller store clerk trying to stop him.

If Obama had a son...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan