Author Topic: Trayvon .. Take 2  (Read 460 times)

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Trayvon .. Take 2
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:38:07 am »
And?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 05:57:53 am »
~ Self

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:12:11 am »
I've been trying not to judge for the moment. Kid's dead, so there is time for the facts to come out.

But ..... (you knew that would be there)

I defy you to find one Facebook account for a young male of any color or race that doesn't have at least one picture like that. The (c)Rap culture is sick and pervasive. He may not have been a gangbanger. We simply don't know right now. Sure, it'd be exactly zero surprise if he was, but until then, it's just a picture.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 07:25:08 am »
I've been trying not to judge for the moment. Kid's dead, so there is time for the facts to come out.

But ..... (you knew that would be there)

I defy you to find one Facebook account for a young male of any color or race that doesn't have at least one picture like that. The (c)Rap culture is sick and pervasive. He may not have been a gangbanger. We simply don't know right now. Sure, it'd be exactly zero surprise if he was, but until then, it's just a picture.

To be fair .. we just may have another false Trayvon photo incident here.
(There were lots of photos attributed to Trayvon Martin which were not him in the beginning)

I'm not so sure that this is Brown, after seeing some other pictures of him?

Even being half black myself .. most blacks look alike to me!
~ Self

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 08:08:01 am »
Yep - and the 24 hour news cycle doesn't help with their rush to get stuff out. They make more mistakes than Custer, doing that. When a media feeding frenzy happens - I back off a bit. Just the cynic in me, I guess. They are not exactly well known for fact checking.

Right now, all I know for certain is there was a tussle by a police car. Cause unknown - it could have been valid, some racist bleep, or a genuine misunderstanding. The kid broke and ran and was shot multiple times, reason unknown. People got a touch upset, to say the least, and protested. Scum took advantage of the protest to do a bit of moonlight shopping. Cops got a bit hot and heavy in shutting the looting down and the heavy squad came out.

I'll wait for the depositions.  :shrug:

On a side note - Neat. I had no idea. Your character is more important than skin tone, and that's how I prefer it. :laugh: I got no idea of your cultural heritage, but if you have Caribbean relatives, I envy the hell out of you. My son in law's mother comes to the family picnics. First I know she's there is a whack with a spoon and a very abrupt "Move." as she takes over. She raised 4 kids on her own (Her husband got unlucky. In any competition between man and bus, bet on the bus.). 3 of them doing well, married, decent careers and lovely kids. The 4th, well, shit happens. He'll be out in another 3 years.