Author Topic: Robin Williams dead at 63  (Read 4648 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Robin Williams dead at 63
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2014, 02:04:04 pm »
Thanks musiclady, I forgot about James Garner.   8888crybaby

In regards to Beck, last week it was "Sharknado" - again, I had to turn it off.  I like humor on the show, but I like it with a lot of news too.  I get that sometimes you just have to talk about something else, but he definitely went overboard on Robin Williams...and Sharknado too!
See, that's part of the reason I could never host a daily show. Three hours a day, every day, is a heck of a lot of airtime to fill, and you end up delving into the banal aspects of society and dwelling on the irrelevant too much.

Now once a week, I could handle that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

Re: Robin Williams dead at 63
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2014, 04:17:33 pm »
How Robin Williams 'fell off the wagon on set of recent TV series and demanded real alcohol instead of props' - as Broadway theaters dim their lights for one minute in his memory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2724588/Broadway-theaters-dim-lights-one-minute-memory-Robin-Williams-revealed-actor-demanded-REAL-alcoholic-drinks-filming-recent-TV-series.html

Robin Williams fell off the wagon not long before his suicide when he demanded real alcohol during shooting of his failed TV series, insiders say.

According to Page Six, the 63-year-old funnyman asked for booze during a scene shot inside an LA restaurant in May 2013 as he begrudgingly returned to the small screen in The Crazy Ones.

As more of the details of the tragic actors final years, months and days are revealed, Williams' old pals on Broadway paid tribute to the legend by dimming their marquees for one minute.