Author Topic: [New York] State fines upstate farm that rebuffed same-sex wedding  (Read 599 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:32:50 PM by jmyrlefuller »

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Re: [New York] State fines upstate farm that rebuffed same-sex wedding
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
What if you hold deep religious views that certain races are not worthy, in the eyes of YOUR God, and you don't have to serve them?

Or you hold deep religious views, that polygamy is just wonderful, in the eyes of YOUR God?

Or you hold deep religious views about eating meat on Friday. Whoops. For years the public schools served EVERYBODY meat on Friday, to accommodate Catholic children's' beliefs. Then the Church just u and changed their beliefs.

Case in point: The Mormon church changed their views, to conform to civil law. The Catholic church changed their views for what I have no idea.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »
What if you hold deep religious views that certain races are not worthy, in the eyes of YOUR God, and you don't have to serve them?

Or you hold deep religious views, that polygamy is just wonderful, in the eyes of YOUR God?

Or you hold deep religious views about eating meat on Friday. Whoops. For years the public schools served EVERYBODY meat on Friday, to accommodate Catholic children's' beliefs. Then the Church just u and changed their beliefs.

Case in point: The Mormon church changed their views, to conform to civil law. The Catholic church changed their views for what I have no idea.

So in other words, you think the government has the right to hold a gun to a Christian's head and shout "OBEY!"

Sounds like what you'd think.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »
The real lesson here is to illustrate how some states are becoming "the new slavery states", vis-a-vis those other states where "traditional freedoms" are [at least for a while yet] maintained.

The only solution for traditionalists is to get out of the new slavery states, and flee to the traditional freedom states.  While there remain a few left. (I realize that's not easy if one's livelihood is tied up in farming)

I wonder if at some point, they'll all be gone ??

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 12:15:52 AM »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online aligncare

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »
So in other words, you think the government has the right to hold a gun to a Christian's head and shout "OBEY!"

Sounds like what you'd think.

Yes, Americans are forced by law into "right thinking."  By statute, we must behave one way (though we may believe another).

I seem to recall from my history class where that's called "tyranny."
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf