Author Topic: The Military Occupation Of Ferguson, Missouri Is Just A Preview Of What Is Coming To America  (Read 424 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Fishrrman

Read John Ross' "Unintended Consequences" to see "what the people can do"...

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
"Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming. Four dead in Ohio." To put present hysteria in historical context.

And if I recall correctly, Reagan's strategy was "peace through strength" or something along those lines.

So if it takes some armed Korean shopkeepers, or better equipped police forces, when the need arises to put the lid on the rioters, it takes what it takes.

Another strategy widely followed for decades, has been "white flight" whereby people distance themselves from such neighborhoods. However when the ghetto dwellers decide to roam on over to my neighborhood, I hope my police are equipped to stop them.

SPQR

I like it. It helps keeps the crime level low.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I dislike it.

Maybe it's because I am from a different culture. Our cops are not armed, except for a few small units scattered around the country. I prefer it that way. Less chance of a fatal misunderstanding. Still, our police (with the odd exception) take the idea of "Protect and Serve" very seriously indeed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

I dislike it.

Maybe it's because I am from a different culture. Our cops are not armed, except for a few small units scattered around the country. I prefer it that way. Less chance of a fatal misunderstanding. Still, our police (with the odd exception) take the idea of "Protect and Serve" very seriously indeed.

The criminals are getting better armed every day. They have Teflon bullets that can go through bullet proof vests. Minus well hide behind a flower. Who knows that coming down the pike. Rocket propelled grenades maybe.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:50:38 PM by Trigger »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
This is still small potatoes compared to what went on in the 1960s.

SPQR

This is still small potatoes compared to what went on in the 1960s.

True, but you cannot let it out of control. The authorities let the Ferguson protests go on for 10 days. If the National Guard went in there in masse swooping down arresting looters and people throwing Molotov cocktails, choking of busing of protesters who did not live there and setting checkpoints it would have been over in one day. Yes it would have been an inconvenience but the authorities need to show who is the boss.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:43:41 PM by Trigger »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
True, but you cannot let it out of control. The authorities let the Ferguson protests go on for 10 days. If the National Guard went in there in masse swooping down arresting looters and people throwing Molotov cocktails, choking of busing of protesters who did not live there and setting checkpoints it would have been over in one day. Yes it would have been an inconvenience but the authorities need to show who is the boss.

I'm not taking issue with the use of armed force to suppress the looting.  I'm just saying that the armed response has been mild compared to the 1960s - and, I should add, the 1970s as well.

SPQR

I'm not taking issue with the use of armed force to suppress the looting.  I'm just saying that the armed response has been mild compared to the 1960s - and, I should add, the 1970s as well.

I agree with you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf