Author Topic: On Vacation, Obama Indulges in the Sweet Life by KEITH KOFFLER  (Read 336 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/08/13/vacation-obama-indulges-sweet-life/

On Vacation, Obama Indulges in the Sweet Life
by KEITH KOFFLER on AUGUST 13, 2014, 10:21 AM
Yes, literally.

President Obama Tuesday dined, as he has on previous Martha’s Vineyard sojourns, at the Sweet Life Cafe, another Obama destination off limits to the 99 percent.

You know your wallet is in for a good cleansing when the menu doesn’t list prices. Always a bad sign. Monsieur, let’s not discuss anything as tacky as the price. It’s only money.

There it is. Ahh, the Sweet Life.

Here’s what the president had to choose from.

Pan Seared Halibut
Fennel nage, baby arugula, olive cake, orange, black mission figs

Lamb Three Ways
Seared loin, merguez sausage, sweetbreads, harissa quinoa, broccoli rabe, caramelized onions

Sesame and Coriander Crusted Tuna
Mushroom lime broth, pickled escarole, summer bean salad, chili vinaigrette

Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Smoked potato gratin, swiss chard, porcini mushrooms, crispy onions, dijon jus

Seared Sea Scallops
Corn risotto, tomato and corn salsa, parsley emulsion

Braised Pork Cheek
Braised collards, cabbage slaw, miso biscuits, Korean-style barbecue sauce

Artichoke Ravioli
Parmesan broth, miatake mushrooms, tomato conserva, roasted asparagus and favas

I don’t know about you, but I only take my mushrooms miatake or porcini and my parsley emulsified. And if I can’t get my lamb three ways, then I’m not having lamb at all.

Okay, he’s a wealthy guy – who really crashed into the dough once his books started selling as his political career took off, but I digress – and he has every right to go to such place. And would I refuse an invitation to the Sweet Life, assuming I wasn’t picking up the tab? No! But funny that he didn’t allow photographers along like he does when he hits up some burger joint on the road.

But he did bring along National Security Advisor Susan Rice, Attorney General Eric Holder, and former U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and their spouses, who dined en masse with the Obamas.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: On Vacation, Obama Indulges in the Sweet Life by KEITH KOFFLER
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:21:31 pm »
I don't think the food is healthy either..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:51:51 pm »
Just another 'Liberal'/'Progressive' hypocrite. Obama, Hillary, Kerry, all of them. They all have hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal.

They just play the stupid people, and the idiot hippies, for the fools they are. And they laugh and the laugh at their slavish media. And they laugh and they laugh at all the stupid fools who support them and give them all of this.

And you have to admit, they have a point.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:52:26 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:58:09 pm »
In Obama's America, La Dolce Vita is not for the little people, but for the "beautiful people".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn