Author Topic: The Iraqi children 'drinking their parents' BLOOD to stay alive': How refugees stranded on Mount Sinjar are cutting their hands to save their young  (Read 644 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723712/Persecuted-Iraqis-chased-ISIS-finally-reach-Syrian-refuge-camp-perilous-trek-border.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Horrific stories of 30,000 Yazidis trapped by Islamic State jihadists emerge after 8,000 escape down the mountain
Hundreds of families have made it across border into Turkey and Syria after trekking for days in 45C temperatures
Minority sect has been sent scattering in all directions after Islamic State jihadists stormed their town a week ago
Some families have been forced to pay smugglers to take them through rivers and minefields to make it to safety
Another 130 U.S. troops have arrived in Iraq to assess the crisis facing 30,000 Yazidis trapped on Mount Sinjar
British Government also remained under pressure to consider military intervention to rescue the refugees

Offline flowers

Can the human actually drink blood to get the same needs as water? I would doubt this.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Can the human actually drink blood to get the same needs as water? I would doubt this.

Don't know, but it's an exhibit of unconditional love.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Where are some of the Arab/muslim countries, their governments, their armed forces?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Where are some of the Arab/muslim countries, their governments, their armed forces?

How can Putin remain silent about this?   He could immediately tell everybody to back off and that he was going in to 'rescue' these people and let them go back to their homes.

....and kill a few thousand savages along the way.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

For a short time, yes. The Masai do it all the time. Lancet a cow, drink the blood, then seal the hole again with mud. It's crude, but it works.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
This is unimaginable horror and evil that I have never seen before in my lifetime.  It's like a portal has opened somewhere. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This is unimaginable horror and evil that I have never seen before in my lifetime.  It's like a portal has opened somewhere.

You are a gentle woman. Someone I love and respect. I have a couple scars on my wrists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
You are a gentle woman. Someone I love and respect. I have a couple scars on my wrists.

I can't imagine the things that you have seen, and others here as well.  I think I now understand The Crusades much better.  I hope you're enjoying your retirement EC.   034   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I can't imagine the things that you have seen, and others here as well.  I think I now understand The Crusades much better.  I hope you're enjoying your retirement EC.   034   

Honestly - it is boring the pants off me. On the odd occasion I wear them  :whistle:

Not converted back to civ mode yet. Will eventually, but right now it's a touch rough.