Author Topic: Ann Coulter: We have no choice but to vote for these Republicans, including the crap-ass ones  (Read 1876 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/13/ann-coulter-we-have-no-choice-but-to-vote-for-these-republicans-including-the-crap-ass-ones/

Ann Coulter: We have no choice but to vote for these Republicans, including the crap-ass ones
posted at 11:21 am on August 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

An electrifying midterm rallying cry on a slow summer news day. Boehner, incidentally, isn’t one of the crappy-asses, she says. She doesn’t name names there, but she’s been known to diverge from grassroots conservatives in these matters before.

What would happen, though, if Boehner turned around and made a deal with Harry Reid on amnesty in September? One of the goals of Obama’s looming power grab over legalization is to scare Republican leaders with the thought that Latino voters will be so grateful, they’ll break even harder for Democrats in 2016. The only countermeasure, Dems would have you believe, is for the GOP to agree to comprehensive reform before then and steal some of Obama’s thunder. No one in conservative media (with the possible exception of the boss emeritus) is as vociferously anti-amnesty as Coulter. If Republicans signed off on a legalization deal, as is quite possible next spring or summer, would she consider that reason enough for conservatives to protest by staying home in 2016? We all have our red lines when it comes to political betrayals, but as the example of Obama and Syria reminds us, a red line that isn’t enforced is meaningless and even counterproductive in how it invites further aggression. I’m reluctantly willing to boycott the next election if the GOP makes a bad deal on immigration in the name of showing them how steep the cost of future betrayals might be. Is Coulter? Or are we destined for a “three cheers for the Gang of Eight bill!” column in two years if/when Rubio is the nominee?

Exit question: Besides immigration, which other issues (within the realm of realistic possibility) could the GOP endorse before 2016 that would give righties serious pause about voting? I can’t think of one offhand. I suppose Boehner and McConnell could make a terrible grand bargain with O on deficit reduction that annoyed everyone, but even a bad bargain would contain some concessions on entitlements that they could spin to their advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjpK8Dl1_8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You WILL VOTE for the RINO whom you are told to vote.
As Coulter says you have no choice.
You did not win.
Now sit down and be quite until next primary.
and remember the GOPe also commands that you have a nice day.
 :vote:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You guys know I am with you. But in this case she is right. There is way too much at stake to play games. Reid has to go.

If that means I have to hold my nose (again) and vote for some weasel, sniveling, goveling, thoroughly corrupt, POS, RINO, then I will.

Obama has upped tha ante. At this point, there is too much to lose to 'stand on principle'. At this point, it is more immediate just to win, no matter what.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Does Ann know how Conservatives and Libertarians react when they are told by some authority figure they have no choice but to do something? Maybe she does.

If you haven't seen it- Ann Coulter(not really) on the Boondocks (extreme language alert).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1seThIG34R8

Online kevindavis007

You guys know I am with you. But in this case she is right. There is way too much at stake to play games. Reid has to go.

If that means I have to hold my nose (again) and vote for some weasel, sniveling, goveling, thoroughly corrupt, POS, RINO, then I will.

Obama has upped tha ante. At this point, there is too much to lose to 'stand on principle'. At this point, it is more immediate just to win, no matter what.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline andy58-in-nh

If that means I have to hold my nose (again) and vote for some weasel, sniveling, groveling, thoroughly corrupt, POS, RINO, then I will.

Obama has upped the ante. At this point, there is too much to lose to 'stand on principle'. At this point, it is more immediate just to win, no matter what.

After the last election, and more than once since, I said "never again".

I said I would not ever again vote for some godawful, spineless, unprincipled RINO just because the jerk has an "R" next to his or her name on the ballot.

And yet here I am, like Einstein's Insane Man, thinking of doing exactly the same thing all over again, hoping for a different outcome.

But it really is different this time.

Obama and his ilk are not merely wrong or ill-informed or stupid, although, to varying degrees, they all those things, too.

They are a clear and present danger to America.

2014 is a Bastogne Battle of the Bulge Moment. Absent a Republican Senate to thwart them, and an electable GOP candidate in 2016, the Progressive Panzerkorps will overrun what is left of America, and with it, Western civilization will wither unto its collapse.

I fear this is the last exit on the road whose end is a cliff over a churning, black sea.

So for now, I'm going along and training my fire on the enemy, hoping for deliverance and banking on the faith and courage of my fellow soldiers.

May God help us.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

You said that so much more eloquently than I.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

After the last election, and more than once since, I said "never again".

I said I would not ever again vote for some godawful, spineless, unprincipled RINO just because the jerk has an "R" next to his or her name on the ballot.

And yet here I am, like Einstein's Insane Man, thinking of doing exactly the same thing all over again, hoping for a different outcome.

But it really is different this time.

Obama and his ilk are not merely wrong or ill-informed or stupid, although, to varying degrees, they all those things, too.

They are a clear and present danger to America.

2014 is a Bastogne Battle of the Bulge Moment. Absent a Republican Senate to thwart them, and an electable GOP candidate in 2016, the Progressive Panzerkorps will overrun what is left of America, and with it, Western civilization will wither unto its collapse.

I fear this is the last exit on the road whose end is a cliff over a churning, black sea.

So for now, I'm going along and training my fire on the enemy, hoping for deliverance and banking on the faith and courage of my fellow soldiers.

May God help us.

Amen, Andy!

We know evil intentions when we see them.  What Obama is doing is a high crime to the national security of our country.  And he's doubled down upon exposure.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline speekinout

Yes, yes. We must win in Nov. Our situation is getting dire. Every GOP vote is very important.  :patriot:

Offline katzenjammer

Can I ask, what exactly do you think you are going to "win" by turning the Senate over to control of Vichy Republicans?

Do you think that they will vote to stop any of his judicial (or other) appointments?  (Based on how the Rs in the Senate have voted so far, there is no reason to believe that they will.)

Do you think that they are going to work with the House to pass de-funding (or de-commissioning) legislation?  Repeal 0bamacare?  Even if they had a veto-proof majority, do you actually expect them to do that?

Do you think that they will go back to regular order and the standard budgetary process?  Will they stop floating this bloated beast on Continuing Resolutions and Omnibus Spending Bills?  Really?

Do you think that the resident is counting on legislation to do more of his destruction in the last two years?  Why should he, he hasn't in years, and no one stops him from doing a damn thing. 

What exactly is the Senate going to "stop" that the House already can't delay/stop?

What were the results the last time the GOP controlled both the House & Senate?  (Record expansion of gubmit, spending, and deficits -- only eclipsed by this current monster and Congress.)

I just don't get what everyone has their hopes set on by sending the same piece of crap Vichy Republicans back to the Senate, even in a majority role.

Better to get rid of them, any way possible.  Because, if you think that somehow, someone, is ever going to "change" them from what they are, you are pretty much whistling past the graveyard at this point.  You will not win the war, by relying on your (cloaked) enemies to fight your battles.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Katzenjammer wrote above:
[[ Do you think that they will go back to regular order and the standard budgetary process?  Will they stop floating this bloated beast on Continuing Resolutions and Omnibus Spending Bills? ]]

The "standard budgetary process" is finished in the United States, at least on the federal level. You won't see another federal budget promulgated that way again in your lifetime.

The "continuing resolution" is "the new process".
Better get used to it.

Katz also wrote:
[[ I just don't get what everyone has their hopes set on by sending the same piece of crap Vichy Republicans back to the Senate, even in a majority role.
Better to get rid of them, any way possible.  Because, if you think that somehow, someone, is ever going to "change" them from what they are, you are pretty much whistling past the graveyard at this point.  ]]

Absolutely right, of course (as was everything else in your post).

But for a few exceptions, most Republicans in Congress are worthless. Even when they have the "power of the majority", they won't use it -- at least not to promote conservative ideas and ideals.

Prediction, no, FEARLESS prediction:
When the Republicans retake the majority in the Senate, watch them (as one of their very first moves) restore the 60-vote filibuster rule.

That's probably about all they're gonna accomplish in the next two years...

(At least I have the luxury of criticism, being from Connecticut where few (if any) Republicans are again going to be elected to statewide or congressional office. To be a Pubbie here is to concede that in the future, going to the polls is going to be pretty much only "for show". It's a deep-blue state now, ain't goin' back...)

Offline dancer

"You guys know I am with you. But in this case she is right. There is way too much at stake to play games. Reid has to go.

Obama has upped tha ante. At this point, there is too much to lose to 'stand on principle'. At this point, it is more immediate just to win, no matter what."

Amen, 240B.  If we don't unite this will be our last chance.  There won't be a nation left to save.

Offline olde north church

Nope.  No votes for GOP.  Let the fricker collapse.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MACVSOG68

Heck of a lot of Democrats who agree with you wholeheartedly!  Let's do our part to keep Harry Reid as majority leader and put Nancy Pelosi back where she belongs as Speaker. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

As Ocean loves to say, "With all due respect", that's nuts!   :laugh:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That is classic JR logic. And look what that got us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can I ask, what exactly do you think you are going to "win" by turning the Senate over to control of Vichy Republicans?

Do you think that they will vote to stop any of his judicial (or other) appointments?  (Based on how the Rs in the Senate have voted so far, there is no reason to believe that they will.)

Do you think that they are going to work with the House to pass de-funding (or de-commissioning) legislation?  Repeal 0bamacare?  Even if they had a veto-proof majority, do you actually expect them to do that?

Do you think that they will go back to regular order and the standard budgetary process?  Will they stop floating this bloated beast on Continuing Resolutions and Omnibus Spending Bills?  Really?

Do you think that the resident is counting on legislation to do more of his destruction in the last two years?  Why should he, he hasn't in years, and no one stops him from doing a damn thing. 

What exactly is the Senate going to "stop" that the House already can't delay/stop?

What were the results the last time the GOP controlled both the House & Senate?  (Record expansion of gubmit, spending, and deficits -- only eclipsed by this current monster and Congress.)

I just don't get what everyone has their hopes set on by sending the same piece of crap Vichy Republicans back to the Senate, even in a majority role.

Better to get rid of them, any way possible.  Because, if you think that somehow, someone, is ever going to "change" them from what they are, you are pretty much whistling past the graveyard at this point.  You will not win the war, by relying on your (cloaked) enemies to fight your battles.

goopo

I agree with every last word you said!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

I'll tell what we're going to "win".

We're going to ensure that the Supreme Court will continue to be a Constitutional Conservative majority for the next generation.

Because if we lose that with people such as Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton around...why let them get to stack the court with more Kagans and "wise Latinas"?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:49:51 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline MACVSOG68

I'll tell what we're going to "win".

We're going to ensure that the Supreme Court will continue to be a Constitutional Conservative majority for the next generation.

Because if we lose that with people such as Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton around...why let them get to stack the court with more Kagans and "wise Latinas"?

Exactly right DC.  But talk is cheap.  In the end, anyone with a conservative speck of DNA will know what the right thing to do is.

Offline Relic

Exactly!!!

I keep asking what the current crop of Republicans will do differently if they get power. The only answer is I get called a Tea Party hardcore whacko, and we need to vote R to stop Obama. Really? Explain it to me.

Online DCPatriot

Exactly right DC.  But talk is cheap.  In the end, anyone with a conservative speck of DNA will know what the right thing to do is.

At this point, "conservative" isn't the baseline.   Even an American speck of DNA will know.

Offline olde north church

Heck of a lot of Democrats who agree with you wholeheartedly!  Let's do our part to keep Harry Reid as majority leader and put Nancy Pelosi back where she belongs as Speaker.

To all:

So, what do we think the first, FIRST thing that will happen if the GOP takes the Senate?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

To all:

So, what do we think the first, FIRST thing that will happen if the GOP takes the Senate?

I'll take IMPEACH ERIC HOLDER for $2000, Alex!

Offline MACVSOG68

To all:

Well, the new Majority Leader will begin to schedule the 350 or so bills passed by a Republican House but blocked for debate by Harry Reid.