Author Topic: The Abandoned War By Rich Lowry  (Read 249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
The Abandoned War By Rich Lowry
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »

Support the USO

Offline musiclady

Re: The Abandoned War By Rich Lowry
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »

Online aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »
Well, that's what colonialism gets you: a group of people unable to govern their own affairs and more than willing to pawn them off on us, on our dime. You don't think Iraqis are going to pay taxes to us, do you?

I'm sorry, but there comes a point where Iraq should no longer be our business. This is the fourth consecutive President to inject the country in a dispute we have no direct interest in fighting, each with its own flimsy excuse.

Iraq is very much our business because it is where ISIS is festering and growing, and will be an immediate threat to our national security.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:12:55 PM »
Well, that's what colonialism gets you: a group of people unable to govern their own affairs and more than willing to pawn them off on us, on our dime. You don't think Iraqis are going to pay taxes to us, do you?

I'm sorry, but there comes a point where Iraq should no longer be our business. This is the fourth consecutive President to inject the country in a dispute we have no direct interest in fighting, each with its own flimsy excuse.

Yours is the perfect example of why Rand Paul will never be elected President.  We can't take the risk of a hesitant president in the war on terrorism, ever again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 04:18:55 PM »
Yours is the perfect example of why Rand Paul will never be elected President.  We can't take the risk of a hesitant president in the war on terrorism, ever again.

Amen!

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:24:07 PM »
sinkspur wrote above:
[[ We can't take the risk of a hesitant president in the war on terrorism, ever again. ]]

A "war on terrorism" does nothing, and will never be able to do anything, regarding the real enemy The West faces.

That enemy cannot and will not be defeated by replacing regimes and by re-drawing international boundaries. Because that "enemy" has nothing to do with regimes and boundaries.

Well, there is one "boundary" that exists: the one between dar al-harb and dar al-islam. Until we are willing to build a barrier that prevents dar al-islam from continuing its advance throughout the world, and until we are willing to force the return of all muslims to dar al-islam, we are losing whatever "war" there exists, be it on terrorism or otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:24:59 PM by Fishrrman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf