Author Topic: Ferguson, Missouri, racial incident  (Read 3816 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ferguson, Missouri, racial incident
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:29 pm »
http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/214879-holder-opens-federal-probe-of-slain-teen

Holder opens federal probe of slain teen

By Benjamin Goad - 08/11/14 05:08 PM EDT

The Justice Department has launched a federal investigation into the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teenager in a St. Louis suburb over the weekend, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Monday.

The DOJ’s Civil Rights Division will participate in the probe, along with FBI agents from the St. Louis field office and the U.S. Attorney's Office, Holder said.

“The shooting incident in Ferguson, Missouri, this weekend deserves a fulsome review,” Holder said.

“At every step, we will work with the local investigators, who should be prepared to complete a thorough, fair investigation in their own right. I will continue to receive regular updates on this matter in the coming days.”

Michael Brown, 18, was not carrying a weapon at the time of the shooting but allegedly attacked a police officer.

The shooting sparked questions of racial bias and touched off violent protests in the St. Louis area, reportedly leading to looting and more than 30 arressts on charges ranging from theft and burglary to assault.

Authorities said two officers sustained some injuries in the protests.

The federal probe opens the door to potential civil rights charges ahainst the yet unnamed officer.

Holder's announcement follows calls for a thorough review of the shooting from members of Congress, including Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.).

“Everyone deserves a transparent understanding of what happened here," said Blunt.

This story was updated at 5:40 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Ferguson, Missouri, racial incident
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:24:32 pm »
What about a federal probe of the IRS, Benghazi cover-up, Operation Fast and Furious......./s
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:59:55 pm »
What about a federal probe of the civilian, choked to death by police on Staten Island a few weeks ago?

How about a federal probe of who instigates the looters?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 12:00:32 am »
Why not, it's not like he has anything else to do.   :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:33:07 am »
Shooting an unarmed man requires as many investigations as is needed to get clear on what happened.  I have read so many stories--too many--in recent months of cops, out of control, shooting dogs in fenced back yards and of no threat to the LEO.  It surprises me not at all that a cop would shoot a man with no weapon THIRTY-FIVE FEET away from him, not once, but several times.

Blacks always sabotage whatever they try to do with their stupidity (rioting), but that should not obscure the fact that this officer likely murdered this young man.  Overly-militarized police departments today are in an us-vs.-them mode.  They are seriously out of control and are generating resentment in the communities they serve. What angers so many is that they seem to ALWAYS get off, protected by that "blue wall". 

Growing numbers of people are getting tired of this and it's just a matter of time until cops no longer have the support of their constituents.

They only have themselves to blame.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:18 am »
Yes sink we know, you hate cops.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 12:59:22 am »

Your glibness aside, there is little doubt that police departments, with their no-knock SWAT raids, are killing and maiming at an alarming rate. You can look up the statistics. 

And all of this militarization leads LEOs to want to use all this equipment, often in situations that don't warrant it.

I have two nephews who are former cops, leaving their forces because of the quality of people hired and retained.  You are naive if you think your local force resembles in any way the force you grew up with.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 01:05:30 am »
Shooting an unarmed man requires as many investigations as is needed to get clear on what happened.  I have read so many stories--too many--in recent months of cops, out of control, shooting dogs in fenced back yards and of no threat to the LEO.  It surprises me not at all that a cop would shoot a man with no weapon THIRTY-FIVE FEET away from him, not once, but several times.

Blacks always sabotage whatever they try to do with their stupidity (rioting), but that should not obscure the fact that this officer likely murdered this young man.  Overly-militarized police departments today are in an us-vs.-them mode.  They are seriously out of control and are generating resentment in the communities they serve. What angers so many is that they seem to ALWAYS get off, protected by that "blue wall". 

Growing numbers of people are getting tired of this and it's just a matter of time until cops no longer have the support of their constituents.

They only have themselves to blame.
I think they have elevated the absolute safety of officers to an unreasonable level.

In my area police officers retire at an early age, with very good retirement pay and benefits. Like they effectively get "hazardous duty pay."

In case after case the bad guy twitches, giving the police justification to kill him/her. Then we find they had no weapon.

In my low crime suburban area, several such incidents have occurred.

--A teenage girl with a knife at a Huntington Beach schoolyard. Shot dead by multiple officers, when she supposedly lunged.
--A mentally ill homeless man in Fullerton California beat to death by multiple officers.
--Teen in Anaheim barrio, shot by officers. He had no weapon.
and
--The cigarette vendor in Staten Island NY, choked to death by multiple officers a few days ago.

In each instance, the continued violence by police towards the suspect, was to counter continued "danger" to officers' safety.

I think a new improved paradigm needs to get created for police. Non-lethal measures, when possible. In each case above, the suspect posed little or no threat to officers' safety.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:13 am »
Twitter is loaded right now, on #Ferguson, with images of SWATted up cops, in riot gear, with rifles drawn, parading down the street.  In others, we see officers with German Shepherds, snarling and lunging.

Do these departments not know that all of this is viral, that every image is published, and that images of cops with dogs and tear gas bring back images from years ago? 

Who shoots a man, then, when the man puts his hands in the air, shoots him four more times? 

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 01:24:08 am »
Your glibness aside, there is little doubt that police departments, with their no-knock SWAT raids, are killing and maiming at an alarming rate. You can look up the statistics. 

And all of this militarization leads LEOs to want to use all this equipment, often in situations that don't warrant it.

I have two nephews who are former cops, leaving their forces because of the quality of people hired and retained.  You are naive if you think your local force resembles in any way the force you grew up with.

I'm not sure you know what glib means.   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 01:45:17 am »
I'm not sure you know what glib means.   :silly:

"insincere and shallow" describes the post in question perfectly.

Look it up.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 02:15:41 am »
He's right .It's gotten to the point I trust cops only slightly more then the gangbangers and criminals 
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 02:17:37 am »
"insincere and shallow" describes the post in question perfectly.

Look it up.

Um, that's a part of the definition, so yes, you got that part right.  The rest of it, not at all.

Proceed with your cop bashing, though.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 02:20:48 am »
Believe me, I will.  When two young men leave police work because they, themselves, are afraid of some of the officers they work with, we all ought to be afraid.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 02:34:58 am »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/massive-brawl-shuts-down-st-louis-galleria-mall-on-lockdown/

MASSIVE BRAWL Shuts Down St. Louis Galleria …Update: Cops Teargas Ferguson Rioters …Update: Rioters Chuck Bricks on Interstate 270
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, August 11, 2014, 7:12 PM

MASSIVE BRAWL BREAKS OUT AT ST. LOUIS GALLERIA–
There are reports of “multiple incidents” at the mall.

Protesters at the Ferguson, Missouri rally Monday. (The News Commenter)

Last night several businesses in Ferguson, Dellwood and North County were looted and torched following the death of 18 year-old Michael Brown.

The Galleria recently set a curfew on teens in the mall without adult supervision to cut down on theft and violence.

I’m at the St. Louis Galleria and it’s all closed due to fears of rioting here. We can’t be dominated by fear. #stl pic.twitter.com/yxcykRbOhy

— Tracy James (@catgirl1967) August 12, 2014

The fight started on the second story of the mall.

continued..
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 02:36:50 am »
Love the Galleria..I have shopped there many times....mostly high-end stores....no idea why the mobs have moved downtown and have targeted the Galleria...
Support the USO

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 02:43:03 am »
Love the Galleria..I have shopped there many times....mostly high-end stores....no idea why the mobs have moved downtown and have targeted the Galleria...

Because that's where rich white people own stores, and where rich white people shop.  This isn't an accident that they ended up there.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 03:02:30 am »
More Sons of Obama
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 04:15:30 am »
Remember the armed Korean shop owners in Lost Angeles, when the Rodney King verdict set off days of looting and burning?

A lot of business for contractors, in the aftermath. Very big shopping center contract for my brother, who was the white contractor from Orange County (featured on ABC news).

Offline mrclose

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 05:34:00 am »
Gee look .. Free 'stuff' and 'Kill Whitey' time again!  :beer:

If you gon @ least loot, go to the white people neighborhood— #Struggle (@illmatic_kid) August 11, 2014

Words from mentor. If you're going to riot and loot, at least take it to the rich white folk neighborhood.

*****s in St. Louis need to go to the white people's area and start looting— Groovy (@Hii__PoWeR) August 11, 2014

f you're gonna riot and kill people at least kill WHITE people. Why attack your own people?— H. Don Datta (@HollowDaGatMan) August 11, 2014

I simply wish black folk would riot white neighborhoods. Don't tear our shyt up. Go to where the police live. Makes more sense to me.— PoΣtic Just1c3 (@Weeeeerkaholic) August 11, 2014

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/11/loot-and-rob-them-not-your-own-twitter-users-advise-black-people-to-loot-white-neighborhoods/]‘Loot … and rob them, not your own'; Twitter users advise black people to loot white neighborhoods | Twitchy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:44:45 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:25 am »
It's just "patriotic" looting - it's only fair that the rich white folks pay their share. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:13 am »
Holder opens federal probe of slain teen

By Benjamin Goad - 08/11/14 05:08 PM EDT

The Justice Department has launched a federal investigation into the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teenager in a St. Louis suburb over the weekend, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Monday.

The DOJ’s Civil Rights Division will participate in the probe, along with FBI agents from the St. Louis field office and the U.S. Attorney's Office, Holder said.

“The shooting incident in Ferguson, Missouri, this weekend deserves a fulsome review,” Holder said.

“At every step, we will work with the local investigators, who should be prepared to complete a thorough, fair investigation in their own right. I will continue to receive regular updates on this matter in the coming days.”

Michael Brown, 18, was not carrying a weapon at the time of the shooting but allegedly attacked a police officer.

The shooting sparked questions of racial bias and touched off violent protests in the St. Louis area, reportedly leading to looting and more than 30 arrests on charges ranging from theft and burglary to assault.

Authorities said two officers sustained some injuries in the protests.

The federal probe opens the door to potential civil rights charges against the yet unnamed officer.

Holder's announcement follows calls for a thorough review of the shooting from members of Congress, including Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.).

“Everyone deserves a transparent understanding of what happened here," said Blunt.

This story was updated at 5:40 p.m.

Read more: http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/214879-holder-opens-federal-probe-of-slain-teen#ixzz3AAeR3Kzw
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:48 am »
Is this the galleria near Clayton - nowhere near Ferguson?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:53 am »
I guess the folks in Chesterfield and Ladue better arm themselves.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:59 pm »
Well, um, you know, like, they got a grievance. No Justice - no peace. No peace - more free stuff for me.