Author Topic: Ferguson, Missouri, racial incident  (Read 3851 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Ferguson, Missouri, racial incident
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 08:33:44 pm »
So what happened?
There were at least two versions of the encounter that led to a police officer fatally shooting an unarmed Ferguson teenager on Saturday: one from a young man named Dorian Johnson who told reporters he had been walking with the victim, Michael Brown, and the second from St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar.

The versions agree on some basic facts: The officer approached the teens, who were walking in the street, there was an altercation in or near the car, and the officer fired several shots at the unarmed Brown, who was then several yards away, killing him.

In Johnson’s version, the officer reached out of the car to grab Brown by the throat. In Belmar’s version, which cited his department’s investigation, Brown reached into the car to attack the officer, and struggled to grab his weapon.

DORIAN JOHNSON'S VERSION:

“Me and my friend was walking down the street in the middle of the street. And we wasn’t causing any harm to nobody. We had no weapons on us at all. … A police officer squad car pulled up and when he pulled up these were his exact words: ‘Get the F on the sidewalk.’ … He reversed his … car in a manner to where it almost hit us. … He tried to brush his door open but he was so close to us that it ricocheted off us and it bounced back to him, and I guess that, you know, got him a little upset. And at that time ... he didn’t get out the car, he just reached his arm out the window and grabbed my friend around his neck and … as he was trying to choke my friend, he was trying to get away, and the officer then reached out and he grabbed his arm to pull him into the car. … His weapon was drawn and he said, ‘I’ll shoot you’ or ‘I’m going to shoot,’ and in the same moment the first shot went off. And we looked at him, he was shot, and there was blood coming from him, and we took off running, and as we took off running, I ducked and hid for my life because I was afraid for my life … . My friend kept running and he told me to keep running because he feared for me, too. So, as he was running, the officer was trying to get out of the car and once he got out the car he pursued my friend, but his weapon was drawn. Now, he didn’t see any weapon drawn at him or anything like that. I was going for no weapon. His weapon was already drawn when he got out the car. He shot again and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air and he started to get down but the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and he fired several more shots, and my friend died. He didn’t say anything to him, he just stood over and was shooting.”

CHIEF JON BELMAR'S VERSION:

“Yesterday about noon in the 2900 block of Canfield, a Ferguson police officer had an encounter with two individuals on the street. In fact, one of those individuals … allegedly pushed the police officer back into the car where he physically assaulted the police officer. It is our understanding at this point in the investigation that within the police car there was a struggle over the officer’s weapon. There was at least one shot fired within the car. After that the officer went back, came back out of the car, he exited his vehicle, and there was a shooting that occurred where the officer in fact shot the subject, and … they were fatal injuries. The entire scene from approximately the car door to the shooting is about 35 feet. There were shell casings recovered, the shell casings are all matched to one weapon, that’s the officer’s weapon. There were more than a few shell casings recovered. I cannot say at this time how many times the subject was struck by gunfire. It’s hard to know, it was more than just a couple but I don’t think it was many more than that.”
St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Lucky for Mr. Johnson (or the school district that allegedly taught him) bad grammar isn't a crime.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 08:35:15 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 08:44:37 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder if the cop was a female.  Even the chief says that the shooting took place when Brown was 35 feet from the officer's car. 

An incident in Dallas last year involved an unarmed black man as a passenger in a car.  Car was stopped by female officer.  Driver ran away, but cop came over to open driver's side door. Witness said the passenger's hands were in the air, but cop said he was "reaching" for something and she shot him before she saw the "something."  It was determined he wasn't, in fact, reaching, and that she overreacted.  She was fired three months after the incident.

It's amazing to me that a rational cop would fire seven times at an unarmed person who was moving away from him/her.  This looks very bad for the police department, especially since they're not IDing the officer.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder if the cop was a female.  Even the chief says that the shooting took place when Brown was 35 feet from the officer's car. 

An incident in Dallas last year involved an unarmed black man as a passenger in a car.  Car was stopped by female officer.  Driver ran away, but cop came over to open driver's side door. Witness said the passenger's hands were in the air, but cop said he was "reaching" for something and she shot him before she saw the "something."  It was determined he wasn't, in fact, reaching, and that she overreacted.  She was fired three months after the incident.

It's amazing to me that a rational cop would fire seven times at an unarmed person who was moving away from him/her.  This looks very bad for the police department, especially since they're not IDing the officer.

Rumor is in the area that the cop was black.....remember that is a rumor...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 09:03:59 pm »
No worries, the Ferguson mob has headed for the whiter parts of town (west St. Louis County, Ladue, Des Peres, Town and Country, etc.).
What is a resident to do? Say you do NOT have a concealed carry permit, but this shite is going on near your white, upper middle class area, nonetheless.

Do you violate the law, and take that handgun with you, when you go out?

I remember 1992, Rodney King riots. I used to go on long bicycle rides, occasionally through Long Beach Calif.

Long Beach is the 2nd largest city in Lost Angeles County, and is adjacent to some bad areas on the north and west. And in fact it has some bad areas.

My long ride took me into or alongside those bad areas, but it had never crossed my mind it could become a riot zone. Approximately Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) and Atlantic Blvd.

Well, I did not ride into the middle of a riot. But months later I happened to drive the same route, as my bike route, and learned that indeed, the area had rioting. Burned buildings, etc.

Long Beach is well known locally for the close proximity of luxury neighborhoods, and ghettos/barrios.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama calls black teen's shooting by police 'heartbreaking'
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:30 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/214979-obama-brown-death-heartbreaking

Obama calls black teen's shooting by police 'heartbreaking'

By Ian Swanson and Justin Sink - 08/12/14 04:40 PM EDT

President Obama called for “reflection and understanding” after the “heartbreaking” killing of an unarmed black 18-year old shot to death by police in the town of Ferguson, Mo. over the weekend.

In his first comments about a killing that has triggered riots in the St. Louis suburb, Obama acknowledged that the shooting of Michael Brown has “prompted strong passions,” and urged people to have a discussion “in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.”

“Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve,” Obama said in a statement issued while he vacationed in Martha's Vineyard.

The president's comments came after protestors and riot police clashed late Monday night in an area just blocks from the site of the shooting. Police officers shot tear gas and rubber bullets into a crowd of demonstrators who refused to disperse, according to multiple media reports.

Over the weekend, violent protests and looting stemming from the death led to more than 30 arrests on charges ranging from assault to burglary.

The president noted that the Department of Justice is investigating the shooting, and said the federal government would “continue to direct resources to the case as needed.”

On Monday, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division would probe the fatal shooting, saying the incident “deserves a fulsome review.”

“At every step, we will work with the local investigators, who should be prepared to complete a thorough, fair investigation in their own right,” Holder said. “I will continue to receive regular updates on this matter in the coming days.”

Witnesses have offered conflicting accounts of Brown's killing. Police say the 18-year-old physically assaulted a police officer who confronted him, and attempted to take the officer’s weapon. But a friend of Brown has told reporters that the officer shot the teenager after they ignored his command to get off the sidewalk.

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus have called on the Justice Department to expand its investigation into the Brown shooting, asking the government to look for “any pattern or practice of police misconduct by the Ferguson Police Department.”

The lawmakers, including Congressional Black Caucus chairwoman Martha Fudge (D-Ohio), Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) and Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) said there was “evidence of racial profiling by that department in the recent past” and that only the federal government had the resources and experience to “give this case the close scrutiny” it deserved.

Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) have also called for a more through investigation by the federal government.

The president’s statement came just over a year after he discussed race relations in the country shortly after a Florida jury found George Zimmerman not guilty of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Matin. Obama said he'd been a victim or racial profiling and understood black Americans outraged by the verdict.

“When Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son,” Obama said. “Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.”

Obama said that there were “very few African American men” who hadn't experienced prejudice and urged those who did not understand to view the frustration “in a historical context.” The president also noted “a history of racial disparity in the application of our criminal laws."

Earlier this year, Obama announced the White House had obtained more than $200 million in philanthropic commitments targets toward young men of color as part of his “My Brother's Keeper” initiative. At the time, Obama said the program was launched partially in response to the “emotions and controversy” sparked by the Zimmerman verdict.

“These boys are a growing segment of our population,” Obama said. “They are our future workforce. When, generation after generation, they lag behind, our economy suffers. Our family structure suffers.  Our civic life suffers.  Cycles of hopelessness breed violence and mistrust.  And our country is a little less than what we know it can be.”

This story was updated at 5:17 p.m.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama calls black teen's shooting by police 'heartbreaking'
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:03 pm »
http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/08/12/michael-browns-familys-lawyer-responds-to-obamas-comments-on-shooting/

Michael Brown's family's lawyer responds to Obama's comments on shooting

(CNN) – The shooting death of an unarmed teenager has sowed seeds of anger and
 mistrust in the town of Ferguson, Missouri. As if to further illustrate just how tense things have gotten in that small community, police revealed Tuesday they will no longer reveal the name of the officer involved in that shooting, citing fears of retaliation.

The death of 18-year-old Michael Brown has sparked widespread outrage, not just in Ferguson, but nationwide.

For the second night in a row Monday, police in riot gear clashed with protesters who took to the streets demanding justice for Brown. Micheal Brown's family is calling on the community to refrain from acting out aggressively and protest peacefully.

U.S. President Barack Obama echoed calls for calm, releasing a statement expressing condolences to the teen's family and describing his death as heartbreaking.

"I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions. But as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding," Obama said. "We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds."

"We wholeheartedly agree, and adopt the words and the sentiments of the President. We think they were timely, we think they're appropriate," said Anthony Gray, one of the Browns' attorneys.

"We hope that those that heard the statement will embrace what the President has to say," he says. "We are calling for a nationwide, and especially a local calm."
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 10:59:16 pm »
What? He's pretending to be a peacemaker now, and not the agitator/race-baiter he really is?

I ain't buyin' it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline raml

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »
He should keep his lousy mouth shut till it has been investigated. There are stupid idiots rioting who need to be shot not given the presidents ok. I hate when young male blacks without jobs I imagine since they are able to be there going from protesting something to destroying things and stealing that is something they do as we do have proof of that over the years. I always wonder if that is what they are taught at home to take what isn't yours and destroy when things don't go your way because it has happened way to many times. We should go back to really shooting looters like they use to in the good ole days when criminals weren't coddled then it would not happen with blacks or whites.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 11:47:01 pm »
Notice how the Uniter always has to stick his mug into white-on-black incidents.  He never says a damned word when whites are killed by blacks.

He's nothing but a race-baiter, always appealing to his black constituency, giving shout outs and fist bumps to his homies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-bolling-why-does-sharpton-always-try-to-insert-himself-into-tragedy/

Fox’s Bolling: Why Does Sharpton Always Try to Insert Himself into Tragedy?
by Josh Feldman | 6:18 pm, August 12th, 2014

Al Sharpton spoke in Ferguson, Missouri earlier today about the tragic police shooting of Michael Brown. Fox News’ Eric Bolling, however, wondered why Sharpton always inserts himself into national tragedies like these instead of just “stay[ing] out of it” for once.

Sharpton generally weighs in publicly on many issues connected to the black community, ranging from discrimination to shooting tragedies like Brown and Trayvon Martin. On The Five today, Bob Beckel said that even if Sharpton has condemned violent protests over the shooting, he “has a way of condemning things at the same time he stokes them.”

Bolling went a step further, questioning why Sharpton has to get involved every time something like this happens.

“How about for once he just stays out of it? You know, why do we need him to condemn it or say ‘go for it’? Just stay out!”
Beckel compared that to “telling a rabid dog to stay away from a hamburger.”

Andrea Tantaros also expressed concerns this could “end up turning into another Trayvon Martin case.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-bolling-why-does-sharpton-always-try-to-insert-himself-into-tragedy/#ooid=txMXNsbzq_bKLiJ06M50tluFSLV7p7i3
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:50:37 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2014, 12:20:24 am »
Just stfu, Hussein. For once.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2014, 12:27:10 am »
Notice how the Uniter always has to stick his mug into white-on-black incidents.  He never says a damned word when whites are killed by blacks.

He's nothing but a race-baiter, always appealing to his black constituency, giving shout outs and fist bumps to his homies.

Has it been established if the shooting officer is Caucasian?  I know you mentioned that it might be a female?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2014, 12:27:41 am »
Just stfu, Hussein. For once.

He won't say much at all, he doesn't have to.  He won't rein in the usual race baiters like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson either.  I really think a lot of the pent up rage in St. Louis isn't partially about his black base being very disappointed that he hasn't come through with more than a few Obamaphones.  East St. Louis has been a racially charged hotbed for decades and I'm not surprised to see it boiling over again.

Wait until Obama is voted out of office and the Gravy Train finally runs off the tracks.  You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:10 am »
East St. Louis is across the river. I guess the Illinoisans will have their own protests, but heaven knows there are plenty of put-upon minorities on the Missouri side to have a few riots or burn a few businesses.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2014, 12:45:38 am »
Has it been established if the shooting officer is Caucasian?  I know you mentioned that it might be a female?

If he were black, his name would already be out there.

Therefore, the shooter is a white male or white female.

Offline Carling

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2014, 01:30:39 am »
No worries, the Ferguson mob has headed for the whiter parts of town (west St. Louis County, Ladue, Des Peres, Town and Country, etc.).

Is Obama going to bus them there?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2014, 01:33:13 am »

Are we sure this is a white on black incident?  Or, are you just being glib?   :silly:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:33:33 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 01:53:59 am »
Are we sure this is a white on black incident?  Or, are you just being glib?   :silly:

Pretty sure that if this were a black cop, they'd have his name out there already.   That would calm "the community."

You're sure nasty to me, all of a sudden. Still holding a grudge from that Cochran nonsense, huh?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2014, 01:58:57 am »
Just read that there are only 3 black cops on the Ferguson police force.  Odds that Brown was shot by one is low.

As I said, white male or female.

rangerrebew

Obama Jumps Into The Missouri Police, Race Dispute
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2014, 09:27:13 am »
- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Obama Jumps Into The Missouri Police, Race Dispute

Posted By Neil Munro On 7:07 PM 08/12/2014 In | No Comments

President Barack Obama has jumped into the racial showdown in Ferguson, Mo., by releasing a statement about the death of Michael Brown, who died Aug. 9 after an altercation with police.

The incident sparked shootings, looting, arson and cries of police brutality by a series of African-American political actors, including Al Sharpton. (RELATED: Al Sharpton Calls For Peace And Federal Investigation Of Black Teen’s Shooting Death)

It has also prompted numerous comparisons to the death of Trayvon Martin, and the subsequent trial and acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman.

That controversy was boosted by African-American leaders, including Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder, and it helped increase African-American turnout in 2012. In March 2012, eight months before the November election, Obama used a Rose Garden press event to declare, “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

Obama released the Ferguson statement while on vacation in Massachusetts, 12 weeks before a critical midterm election where relatively few of Obama’s African-Americans supporters are expected to vote.

“The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time,” Obama said in a 4:34 p.m. statement.

“As Attorney General Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed,” Obama said.

But Obama also took care to distance himself from the televised looting and arson in Ferguson. (RELATED: FAA Issues Flight Restriction After Rioters Fired ‘Multiple Times’ At Police Helicopter)

“I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding,” he said.

“We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds,” he said. “Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve,” Obama said. (RELATED: News Photographer Needed His War Gear To Cover Missouri Riot Following Police Shooting)

Follow Neil on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/12/obama-jumps-into-the-missouri-police-race-dispute/

rangerrebew

These Two Businesses Did NOT Get Looted… Can You Guess Why?
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2014, 10:10:48 am »
- The Daily Sheeple - http://www.thedailysheeple.com -

These Two Businesses Did NOT Get Looted… Can You Guess Why?

Posted By Mac Slavo On August 12, 2014 @ 9:00 am In Crime/Police State,Editor's Choice,Featured,News,People,War and Conflict | 3 Comments

(Pictured: Mike Gutierrez (left) and Adam Weinstein (third from left) brought guns to guard their store during the riots in Ferguson last night.)

While scores of businesses in Ferguson were being looted by out of control rioters Sunday night, a couple of them went the evening without incident.

If you’re wondering why, then check out the following picture for the answer.

Nobody is robbing St. Louis Ink Tattoo Studio anytime soon. Or County Guns, for that matter.

The two north county businesses share a storefront in a Florissant strip mall less than ten minute drive from the epicenter of last night’s riots in Ferguson.

After hearing of the roving bands of looters, Mike Gutierrez knew he had to protect his tattoo shop. He brought a posse with him, including Adam Weinstein, owner of County Guns, who was acutely worried about criminals getting their hands on his merchandise.

“We didn’t want them coming in here and then running around with a bunch of free guns,” Weinstein told Daily RFT when we arrive at the store around 12:30 a.m. this morning. Weinstein was outfitted with an assault rifle, pistol and tactical vest. Gutierrez cradled his own rifle in his hands.

(Via Riverfront Times [2])

It turns out that when violent looters come face to face with people prepared to kill to defend their property, the looters tend to choose a ‘safer’ target.

Hattip KY Mom

Please Spread The Word And Share This Post

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple [3]

Contributed by Mac Slavo of www.SHTFplan.com [4].

When it hits the fan, don’t say we didn’t warn you. Mac Slavo is the editor of SHTFplan.com [4], a resource hub for alternative news, contrarian commentary and strategies that you can take to protect yourself from the coming global paradigm shift.

Article printed from The Daily Sheeple: http://www.thedailysheeple.com

URL to article: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/these-two-businesses-did-not-get-looted-can-you-guess-why_082014

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/these-two-businesses-did-not-get-looted-can-you-guess-why_082014/ferguson-defend

[2] Riverfront Times: http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/08/ferguson_riots_north_county_business_owners_some_armed_survey_the_damage.php

[3] The Daily Sheeple: http://www.TheDailySheeple.com/

[4] www.SHTFplan.com: http://www.SHTFplan.com

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:12:31 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Dregs of Humanity on Display in Ferguson, Missouri
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2014, 10:21:19 am »

Dregs of Humanity on Display in Ferguson, Missouri

Posted 19 hours ago by Tad Cronn Filed under Corruption, Crime, Culture, Liberal Hypocrisy, Racism

Once again, we have a police shooting in a largely black community being used as an excuse for rioting, rampaging and looting.

The proximal excuse is the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old boy, Michael Brown, who media repeatedly tell us was unarmed.

The teen in question was supposed to be starting college this week, and his family's and supporters' version of the story is that Brown was shot repeatedly for no reason while walking on Saturday to his grandmother's house with a friend. According to a witness, Brown had his hands up in the air when he was shot.

The police version -- surprise, surprise -- is different. In that version of the tale, a police officer stopped two men on the street, one of whom was Brown, and soon found himself fighting with at least one of them inside the police car as the suspect tried to take the officer's gun. Several shots later, Brown was fatally wounded.

The details of what happened are still sketchy, but that didn't stop protesters on Sunday from chanting "no justice, no peace" and going into riot that lasted well into Monday, spawning multiple parallel riots and brawls throughout town.

During the riot, the criminal element turned to pillaging and burning their own community, with dozens, perhaps hundreds, of people caught on videotape trashing stores and lighting several on fire. Teams of seemingly organized thugs broke into stores and were taped running off with goods under their arms.

Even though the police were out in force with riot gear and police dogs, the rioters managed to vandalize several police cars, and law enforcement often appeared hesitant to stop the rampage's worst outbreaks.

There are many details that remain unclear at this point, both about the shooting and about the ensuing riots. Still, there are many lessons that can be drawn from the events in Ferguson.

Probably the most important lessons have to do with power. The dynamic in Ferguson seems to be one that is common across the country, particularly in black neighborhoods. The local residents live in a situation where they feel powerless. To be sure, some like it that way because it means they get taken care of by the government like small children. But I'll wager even more people in that community harbor a seething resentment toward a government system that financially punishes anyone who tries to break away from the federal and state plantation.

Government programs are in many ways a trap. They rarely provide enough money, food or other benefits to have a decent life, only enough to squeak by on. So long as you're content with that, you're fine. But if you want to better yourself or seek opportunities for your family, the government begins subtracting benefits in a way that often will exceed any increase in income you might earn on your own. Those who want out of the system, therefore, have a huge incentive for surrendering their hopes and aspirations.

Adding to the resentment that situation creates, many poor communities feel the double sting of a high crime rate and a constant authoritarian police presence that seems to have little effect on that crime rate.

Part of that police state of siege is the strict enforcement of gun control laws, a situation that only truly affects the law-abiding even as criminals have access to ever more powerful weaponry.

It's worth noting that in the Ferguson riots, businesses that weren't looted or damaged often were not those with police officers nearby but with armed owners using their own guns to defend their property.

Ferguson, Missouri, is a model of the Left's socialist society, where the people are angry but powerless and the suffering is spread around but opportunity goes missing while the police lord over everyone.

This is what the Left wants for all of America, and this weekend's riots are the most likely results of such a situation.

The solution to such riots before they ever happen is to get government out of people's lives and teach them to take personal responsibility for themselves, their families and their communities.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16630/dregs-humanity-display-ferguson-missouri/#LP00DdtIerSsMXel.99