Author Topic: Robin Williams dead at 63  (Read 4646 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robin Williams dead at 63
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:00:01 pm »
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

Robin Williams dead at 63
By Nicole Sperling on Aug 11, 2014 at 6:55PM @nicsperling

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.

Story developing…
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:05:47 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Robin Williams dead at 63
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:07:20 pm »
Ashley Killough ‏@KilloughCNN 2m

CNN: Press representative for Robin Williams says he died this morning and "has been battling severe depression of late."

Robin Williams' wife: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend. . .I am utterly heartbroken."
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:12:38 pm »
Just...damn. We watched "RV" as a family last night - funny movie, good cast. Robin being Robin - brilliant in his associative creativity, culturally and linguistically astute. Depression is a vicious, consumptive beast.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:18:08 pm »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/11/legendary-actor-robin-williams-found-dead/

Legendary Actor Robin Williams Found Dead at 63 of Apparent Suicide
Aug. 11, 2014 6:57pm   Oliver Darcy

Legendary actor Robin Williams was found dead Monday at the age of 63 from an apparent suicide, the Marin County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release.

“At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made,” the sheriff’s office said.

“A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted,” the release continued.

The sheriff’s office said they received a 911 phone call at approximately 11:55 a.m. reporting an unconscious male not breathing inside his home. Emergency personnel were dispatched to the area where they pronounced Williams dead at 12:02 p.m.

This is a breaking news story. Updates will be added.
Support the USO

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:22:38 pm »
Such a shame. The man provided so much entertainment. I enjoyed some of his non comedic ventures, like "Moscow on the Hudson", "Good Will Hunting", and "Dead Poet's Society".

RIP

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 11:24:02 pm »
How ironic, but at the same time, sadly unsurprising. RIP
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:54 pm »
Just me...but I never found Robin Williams to be the least bit funny.

Can still see him on Johnny Carson's show, sitting on that couch sweating profusely, under the influence of coke or speed.

His suicide doesn't surprise me at all.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:27:16 pm »
What a stupid and cruel thing to do to his family.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 11:28:02 pm »

Suicide is the ultimate temper tantrum.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 11:32:42 pm »

yep...it is the ultimate selfish act.  Everyone you ever knew is a victim.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 11:41:24 pm »
yep...it is the ultimate selfish act.  Everyone you ever knew is a victim.
I think that's a rude thing to think. I know a lot of people who say something like that, like suicide is “cowardly” and “selfish” as if another round of insults is going to stop a person on the brink of taking the most precious thing they have-- their own life. In so many cases the mere lack of acceptance, the inability to fulfill basic needs in life, chronic pain, or other serious agonies drive the decision to kill oneself.

That being said, in Williams's case, it was probably drugs, or withdrawal from them, altering his mind and driving his depression.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »
He was a husband and a father. He put himself and his imagined woes before the needs of his wife and children. That's not a round of insults. That's the facts.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 11:44:54 pm »
Just heard that he Hung himself.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 11:53:28 pm »
Depression is a mental illness, and stems from abnormal chemistry of the brain.

Most rational people wouldn't criticize somebody for getting cancer. The same should go for depression.

It can be treated with medications, but sometimes the patient decides the side effects are worse than the depression, and stops taking their prescribed meds.

Treatment is not a perfect solution, making all the symptoms vanish.   

It is NOT a disease which only afflicts people of low character, or low morals. It can stand alone, apart from drug and alcohol abuse, however some depressed patients self-medicate with drugs/alcohol.

Williams at one point had long term sobriety from drugs/alcohol but a few years ago he relapsed. It appears he has had difficulty getting back on track, ending with this sad situation.

My own youngest sister has severe depression, but so far has been treated with prescription meds. She has never drank or used any drugs, never.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:31 pm »
He was a rabid Red Sox fan.

.....just looking for clues, that's all.   :shrug:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 12:08:26 am »
Williams was good in some roles. I never really thought he was funny at stand-up. He lived a good long life, 63.

But why is this taking up my whole night trying to watch the news? I get it. He's dead. I understand. He was a good guy. I get it. But come on...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 12:11:51 am »
He was a husband and a father. He put himself and his imagined woes before the needs of his wife and children. That's not a round of insults. That's the facts.
As if we should live as if we don't exist, as if we are mere peons to our spawn, to those we marry? We all have needs, and we all have troubles, “imagined” or otherwise. Who was looking out for HIS needs? Apparently not his wife.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:38 am »
Williams was good in some roles. I never really thought he was funny at stand-up. He lived a good long life, 63.

But why is this taking up my whole night trying to watch the news? I get it. He's dead. I understand. He was a good guy. I get it. But come on...
Well, Trayvon Jr. never caught on, so the media needs some form of distraction.

That's my best guess.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 12:17:29 am »

I wonder when you're 62, if you think 63 is a "....long life".   :whistle:

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 12:20:44 am »

He was a good man and a brilliant artist.
May God Bless his soul.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 12:21:22 am »
Who was looking out for HIS needs? Apparently not his wife.
You have no idea what went on in their household.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 12:23:19 am »
You have no idea what went on in their household.
Nor do you.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 12:24:05 am »

He was a good man and a brilliant artist.
May God Bless his soul.

Thank you
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:49 am »

AFN Robin Williams On Tour USO Armed Forces
 Entertainment Afghanistan & Europe 2002

One of His Many Tours for the USO

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 12:41:34 am »
He's always been candid about his drug and alcohol addiction and has been in and out of rehab for years. Sad to se the demons finally get the better of him before he could get real help.  Like so many others in the entertainment business.   RIP Robin. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn