Author Topic: Robin Williams dead at 63  (Read 4672 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Robin Williams dead at 63
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 06:37:45 pm »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/robin-williams-committed-suicide-by-hanging-himself/

CBS NEWSAugust 12, 2014, 2:14 PM
Robin Williams committed suicide by hanging himself

Robin Williams committed suicide by hanging himself at his California home, Lt. Keith Boyd of the Marin County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday during a press conference revealing preliminary findings surrounding the actor's death.

Williams' death was caused by suicide due to asphyxia, said Boyd. The actor also had superficial cuts on his wrist and a pocketknife was found nearby.

Williams was last seen at his home at 10 p.m. on Sunday. His wife went to sleep at 10:30 p.m. that night. It's not known what time Williams turned in, but Boyd said Williams retreated to a different room than his wife. His wife left the home in the morning and returned there after receiving a call about his death.

Williams' personal assistant found him on Monday morning, where he was "slightly superseded in a seated position."

On Monday morning just before 11:55 a.m., an emergency call was made from a "distraught" caller. Williams was pronounced dead at age 63.

Boyd didn't confirm whether Williams left a note.

The investigation is ongoing.

Will be updated....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 06:39:27 pm »
NBC  Robin Williams Committed Suicide by Hanging Himself, Police Say
BY MARIA ELENA FERNANDEZ
Comedian and actor Robin Williams, 63, died from "asphyxia due to hanging," according to preliminary findings announced at a press conference on Tuesday by Lt. Keith Boyd of the Marin County's Sheriff's Office.

Williams was discovered on Monday shortly before noon by his personal assistant who became concerned when the actor did not respond to several knocks on the door, Boyd said. Williams’ wife, Susan Schneider, last saw her husband alive around 10:30 p.m. when she went to bed.

Schneider left the home around 10:30 a.m. Monday, assuming Williams was still asleep, Boyd said. Williams had retired to a different room and was found fully clothed with a belt tied around his neck. The belt was wedged between the closet door and door frame, and Williams "was in a seated position slightly suspended off the ground," Boyd said. "What that means is that his body looked like he was sitting in a chair."

Schneider returned to the home after Williams had been declared deceased by police and the Fire Department, Boyd said. Boyd would not say if Williams left a note. The actor also had superficial stab wounds on his left wrist and a pocket knife was found next to his body, Boyd said.

Toxicology tests will be conducted, and the investigation will continue to determine an approximate time of death, Boyd said. Rigor mortis had set in when Williams' assistant found him, he said.

The shocking news was delivered as memorials popped up all over the country: from the Hollywood Walk of Fame to his home in Northern California, the house in Boulder, Colorado, that served as the "Mork & Mindy" home, to the "Good Will Hunting" bench.

The Oscar-winning legend battled addiction for decades and recently was suffering from "severe depression," his publicist said. He died in the house he shared with his third wife, Susan Schneider.

A father of three, Williams recently posted on Instagram a photograph of him and his daughter, Zelda, on her 25th birthday. In April, he posted a black and white photograph of his son Zak on his 31st birthday. He also had a 22-year-old son, Cody.

On Monday night, Zelda Williams, also an actress, paid tribute to her father on social media quoting "The Prince" and saying, "I love you. I miss you. I'll try to keep looking up."
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 07:03:23 pm »
Robin Williams Had ‘Serious Money Troubles’ In Months Before His Death, Claims Friend — Was The Pressure Too Much?

Robin Williams‘ tragic death at age 63 came as a shock to the world who knew him only as a lovable comic figure. But a source close to the Mrs. Doubtfire star tells RadarOnline.com that in addition to his addiction struggle, the actor recently confided to a family friend that he had “serious money troubles,” and was worried about his family’s financial security.

According to a family friend who had spoken to Williams recently, “All he could talk about were serious money troubles. There were clearly other issues going on and Robin sounded distant during the telephone conversation. Robin was known for being so generous to his friends and family during the height of his success, and would help anyone out that needed it.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/robin-williams-had-serious-money-troubles-in-months-before-his-death-claims-friend-was-the-pressure-too-much/

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »
Our Robin Williams
Tim Cavanaugh
National Review
August 12, 2014

It's very moving to see the outpouring of appreciation for the late Robin Williams. Williams, who died last night in an apparent suicide in his Marin County home, had a particular connection to National Review, having done a crackerjack impression of founder William F. Buckley that ended up with Buckley’s signature manner being immortalized in the Disney film Aladdin.

That Aladdin bit was an outgrowth of a more extensive WFB Williams did in a Saturday Night Live parody of Firing Line ...
More - and check out the reader comments at the end of the article.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 10:39:44 pm »
Am I the only person a bit creeped out when someone like this dies and it seems everyone is clamoring to be part of the story in some way? No disrespect to Mr. Williams or his family,  just the opposite. Everyone on the news, blogs, Facebook, wherever, are all suddenly experts on his movies, everyone has to quote his lines, and everyone is somehow an expert on depression (either condemning him or saying how they personally relate).

The only people who really know Mr. Williams were himself and a small circle of family and friends. Everyone else just knows the characters he played. You* miss the genie, the hook, the radio host, the comic.

Now back to the real world.

*Not 'you' directed at anyone here. You in the generic pronoun sense for how culture itself is reacting.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:54 pm »
Just turned off Greta. Couldn't take it any more. Turned off Fox and Friends this morning for the same reason. I would bet that throughout the day today, I have heard that "Robin Williams died", at least 3000 times.

I DON'T CARE! The first time I heard it, I thought, "Wow, that's a shame." But now, it has me pulling my hair out. SHUT UP ABOUT ROBIN WILLIAMS ALREADY.

Does anyone know how many Great people died today? Does anyone know how many Christians and others were cruxified, buried alive, burned alive, and beheaded today in Iraq? No. We can't know. Because all we care about is some B list clown from 20-30 years ago.

Jeez. No TV tonight. I'm going to sit on the balcony, sip whiskey, and read a book.

I'm just going to wait out this current wave of insanity until is passes.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:37:34 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 11:39:34 pm »
Just turned off Greta. Couldn't take it any more. Turned off Fox and Friends this morning for the same reason. I would bet that throughout the day today, I have heard that "Robin Williams died", at least 3000 times.

I DON'T CARE! The first time I heard it, I thought, "Wow, that's a shame." But now, it has me pulling my hair out. SHUT UP ABOUT ROBIN WILLIAMS ALREADY.

Does anyone know how many Great people died today? Does anyone know how many Christians and others were cruxified, buried alive, burned alive, and beheaded today in Iraq? No. We can't know. Because all we care about is some B list clown from 20-30 years ago.

Jeez. No TV tonight. I'm going to sit on the balcony, sip whiskey, and read a book.

What he said......   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2014, 12:16:14 am »
Agreed. What they said (except for the whiskey; I don't drink it).  ^-^
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:35:09 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:56 am »
Count me in.  I don't get TV anymore - but yesterday my father had Greta on & that's all she talked about.  This evening, she's STILL talking about it!  I had to turn Glenn Beck off this morning because that is all they were talking about. 

Sheesh!  It's not like there isn't anything else going on to talk about!   **nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:09 am »
Count me in.  I don't get TV anymore - but yesterday my father had Greta on & that's all she talked about.  This evening, she's STILL talking about it!  I had to turn Glenn Beck off this morning because that is all they were talking about. 

Sheesh!  It's not like there isn't anything else going on to talk about!   **nononono*

It still is wall to wall on the news channels and covering Facebook. Although the Lauren Bacall news is getting out and filling a bit of that space.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2014, 12:33:45 am »
It still is wall to wall on the news channels and covering Facebook. Although the Lauren Bacall news is getting out and filling a bit of that space.

These things usually happen in threes - wonder who's next?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2014, 12:36:07 am »

SPOT ON!!

It is insanity at this point.  FNC is embarrassing themselves at this point.  I think they have channels for this kind of crap: E!, TMZ, etc.  and don't the networks still have those crappy "Entertainment Tonight" type shows.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:41 am »

I know for whom my candle is lit.......... :whistle:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2014, 12:40:17 am »

000hehehehe
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2014, 12:48:07 am »

You and me both, I've had one burning for six years now.   :nometalk:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2014, 12:53:54 am »

Lauren Bacall
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2014, 01:03:22 am »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2014, 02:10:29 am »
Who was the first one?

James Garner?

btw, dittos to what you said about Glenn Beck.

I thought I was going to throw up before I got to the radio to turn him off....  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2014, 02:12:55 am »
Lauren Bacall

She died today at the age of 89.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2014, 02:32:18 am »

Nothing would change at all.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:16 am »
James Garner?

btw, dittos to what you said about Glenn Beck.

I thought I was going to throw up before I got to the radio to turn him off....  **nononono*

Thanks musiclady, I forgot about James Garner.   8888crybaby

In regards to Beck, last week it was "Sharknado" - again, I had to turn it off.  I like humor on the show, but I like it with a lot of news too.  I get that sometimes you just have to talk about something else, but he definitely went overboard on Robin Williams...and Sharknado too!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2014, 02:50:12 am »
She died today at the age of 89.

Exactly.  She's either #2 or #3 depending on how one looks @ it.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Dexter

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2014, 03:18:37 am »
There are so many famous people that it is pretty easy to connect three random deaths.
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2014, 03:30:22 am »
There are so many famous people that it is pretty easy to connect three random deaths.

Aw, come on Dex!  Are you going to go all Myth Busters on me?   :10444:

Offline Dexter

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2014, 04:03:43 am »
Aw, come on Dex!  Are you going to go all Myth Busters on me?   :10444:

:laugh:
-Socrates