Author Topic: Flashback: What Obama Said About Taking Vacations in 2008 Video is a Real Howler  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

By Caroline Schaeffer 24 mins ago

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Taped interviews have a way of coming back to haunt politicians. And the timing couldn’t be better for this gem, brought to us by Weasel Zippers, who dug up this pre-election interview with then-Senator Barack Obama in 2008.

The Senator had high expectations for himself if he were to receive Americans’ vote for President.

You have to understand that if you seek that office, then you have to be prepared to give your life to it. Essentially, the bargain that I think every President strikes with the American people is, ‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.’

It turns out that all of then-Senator Obama’s talk about ‘sacrifice’ was just that – all talk.

As the President jets off to a family vacation in which he enjoys the leisure activity of golf (rounds 185 and 186 of his presidency), he is losing the patience of not only the American people, but the media.

CBS reporter Major Garrett has been following the First Family’s vacation, and is quick to point out just how leisurely the President is handling himself amid 3 world crises.

Either the President lied in this interview, or he has vastly different ideas of what free time and leisure means to the average American.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Offline Relic

If a Republican had been that FOS, the media would spend the rest of that person's term, crucifying them.

Obama, the half wit, affirmative action hire, gets a pass.

Offline aligncare

• #NeverTrump: Blinded by hate
 ... and if you dare point out he's an empty suit, you're racist.
#NeverTrump: #NeverRight, not one time. 16 months and still counting

Online Millee

Besides declaring that he was going to "fundamentally change America" I don't think he's ever made a truthful statement in his life.   :chairbang:

Online andy58-in-nh

" give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you."
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
What a lying sack of... Obama. 
Why has Trump done scores of interviews on Fox and virtually nowhere else the last two months? Because he’s not interested in winning over undecideds, independents, or swing voters — you know the sort of thing serious presidential candidates do. No, he’s reselling the same product to people who’ve already bought it so he can take the customers with him after the election.

Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for want

Offline mountaineer

Yes, when I think "self sacrifice," I think Barry Hussein.   :silly:
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.

Offline Chieftain

• Your what hurts??
Even then it was all about him.  Analyze that short sentence in light of Obama's proven narcissism....along with that he is a lying sack of sheep shit...

Offline Saundra Duffy

• For victory & freedom!!!
    • SOS Salt Lake City
All one can do is laugh at this buffoon - laugh right in his face.
For victory & Freedom!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo